Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• London Bridge barriers early in the morning when none of the them are available to exit for Oyster and you have to walk round the back of the station to exit with your Oyster card.
  • I hate the transfer gossip column as it is, but when you see bbc reporting this back

A nine-year-old boy is attracting the attention of Premier League clubs after scoring a wonder goal from the half way line for his local side. (Bristol Post)

what a load of irrelevant shite.

They might as well start filling the column with

A man did 5000 kick ups in a row on a busy street in London, and someone who supported Chelsea filmed it on his mobile. The video has gone viral and apparently Roman Abramovitch saw it and invited the man to meet Antonio Conte and try to repeat the feat at Chelsea's training ground. If the trick is repeated, the man may get a trial
  • Fiiish said:

Timed motion sensor toilet lights at work.

Not designed for the smartphone generation.

First time I experienced this was in Turin airport in early 90's. I literally nearly shat myself.
  • MrOneLung said:

Fiiish said:

Timed motion sensor toilet lights at work.

Not designed for the smartphone generation.

First time I experienced this was in Turin airport in early 90's. I literally nearly shat myself.
    Least you were in the right place
  • When you walk past someone you used to work with 3-years ago but dont want to call out to them to say hello because you cant remember their damned name - Did that this morning and either had a choice of calling out Tim or Paul (both of which would have been wrong)

Or I could have shouted out; "You alright mate"... and it could have been some random who looked like the bloke I used to work with OR it would have been an awkward conversation where I'd have just used the word "mate" instead of his actual name!!

My daughter told me a way to handle this situation.

You ask them their name, they say Tim or Paul, you reply, no I meant you surname.
  • Fred Perry!
  • The Watchfinder break bumpers on TDF live.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

Fred Perry!

Lol
  • 3 lads playing footy in next doors garden, obviously I'm being drawn in, chucking the ball back. Anyway, 1 shouts 'Megs' and 'Do a Rabona'. I think 'That's it, so I can take it time is marching on for me and I'm being taken the piss out of by under 10's now? Think I'll retreat for a bovril and a wee lap blanket.'

Read it a few times and I reckon that's closer to what you meant.
  • Stepson texting whilst boarding his flight home from holiday to say that we need to 'drop a few people home' from the airport when they land at 1am tomorrow morning. They live in the opposite direction and ive got to be up at 5.30 for work,mmmm,like fuck im doing that when all their parents are tucked up in bed!
  • The people of Margate
  • 3 lads playing footy in next doors garden, obviously I'm being drawn in, chucking the ball back. Anyway, 1 shouts 'Megs' and 'Do a Rabona'. I think 'That's it, so I can take it time is marching on for me and I'm being taken the piss out of by under 10's now? Think I'll retreat for a bovril and a wee lap blanket.'

Read it a few times and I reckon that's closer to what you meant.
    Have you been mulling this over for 8 whole days PIP? :smile:
  • Always nodding off on the tube just as I pull into Paddington and have to get off. Like clock work, as soon as I hit Marylebone I'll feel myself going.

• Hot food being eaten on trains... your bigmac stinks like shit and a pasty smells like a tramps B.O
  • People getting arsey over game of thrones spoilers on facebook.

There's a simple solution, don't go on social media until you've watched it.

Dickheads!
  • Sponsored links:

Dickheads!

I disagree with this and find it somewhat annoying in itself. I shouldn't have to avoid spoilers on facebook (not that there are really any from last nights episode)

A spoiler tag should be added like we have on here.

See it's not difficult
  • Dazzler21 said:

People getting arsey over game of thrones spoilers on facebook.

Dickheads!

I disagree with this and find it somewhat annoying in itself. I shouldn't have to avoid spoilers on facebook (not that there are really any from last nights episode)

See it's not difficult
    Disappointingly dull spoiler.
  • Dazzler21 said:

People getting arsey over game of thrones spoilers on facebook.

Dickheads!

See it's not difficult
    Risky click of the day.

Dickheads!

Problem is US airs the night before the UK and it is unlikely most UK people stay up til 3 in the morning just to avoid social media spoilers.

Guardian had a small spoiler on their website today about tonight's episode that irked me.
  • Once aired, people have the right to discuss the episode on facebook, twitter whatever.
  • MrOneLung said:

Once aired, people have the right to discuss the episode on facebook, twitter whatever.

I disagree. I can understand it on threads about said show, but certainly not on open social media like Facebook. I'm careful of Twatter cos that is full of *unkind people* that are brutal and ruin everything for everyone, usually intentionally. Yes I have Twitter too.
  • MrOneLung said:

Once aired, people have the right to discuss the episode on facebook, twitter whatever.

People have a right to discuss anything whenever. It's about courtesy. Same reason why people don't post any Premier League scores on here until after MOTD has aired.
  • Doctor Who.
  • Fiiish said:

MrOneLung said:

People have a right to discuss anything whenever. It's about courtesy. Same reason why people don't post any Premier League scores on here until after MOTD has aired.
    Oh wow. I had absolutely no idea that was a thing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!