Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iainment said:

Doctor Who.

I don't mind Dr Who, it's OK but not a must watch.
    I quite like Jodi Whittaker, good in Black Mirror and Broadchurch.
    However the fact she will be playing the Dr in the next series, next year, is not breaking news. It's non news.
  • edited July 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

People getting arsey over game of thrones spoilers on facebook.

There's a simple solution, don't go on social media until you've watched it.

Dickheads!

I disagree with this and find it somewhat annoying in itself. I shouldn't have to avoid spoilers on facebook (not that there are really any from last nights episode)

A spoiler tag should be added like we have on here.

Bum Graffiti
    Show off
  • 3 lads playing footy in next doors garden, obviously I'm being drawn in, chucking the ball back. Anyway, 1 shouts 'Megs' and 'Do a Rabona'. I think 'That's it, so I can take it time is marching on for me and I'm being taken the piss out of by under 10's now? Think I'll retreat for a bovril and a wee lap blanket.'

Read it a few times and I reckon that's closer to what you meant.
    Have you been mulling this over for 8 whole days PIP? :smile:
    While that is exactly the sort of thing I would do, it's more that I love this thread, so like to save up a good number of posts to read at once. Like saving up for a rainy day.
  • edited July 2017

Fiiish said:

MrOneLung said:

Once aired, people have the right to discuss the episode on facebook, twitter whatever.

People have a right to discuss anything whenever. It's about courtesy. Same reason why people don't post any Premier League scores on here until after MOTD has aired.
    But why ???? Why should I not be able to talk about a wondergoal scored in a Premiership match at 4.30 pm until midnight just because you want to bury your head in the sand for 8 hours & not join the real world. It's not as if a) you support that particular team, b) its such an important game that you just can't watch it without knowing the score.

I do find it rather irksome that I can't post that Palarse are 3-0 down after 15 mins just because you want to wait until 11pm to watch it "unsullied" - is it REALLY going to spoil your evening when you sit down to watch MOTD that you already know the scores ?? This is a football forum & on matchdays there are a lot of people around the world who want to know whats going on in ALL the games being played.

If anything, I think YOU are the one being selfish. (when I say YOU I don't mean the poster above - just a general YOU & aimed at those concerned)

To be fair I don't mind it and it is only certain threads where the rule applies, but as long as you don't start a thread called 'Palace 3 nil down already hahaha'. If other people have respectfully asked not for Prem scores to be posted in a certain thread then there's no harm. I'm sure someone who appreciates this rule can explain better.

Likewise GoT airs in the UK Monday evening. If you're lucky enough to be able to stay up until 3 in the morning then fair enough but the rest of us who need sleep ought to be able to enjoy the episode unspoiled and use social media as normal. It won't kill someone to refrain from waiting until the evening until blabbing about it. If you're unable to enjoy something without having to announce it in social media then that's your problem. There is literally not a single good reason to post spoilers.
  • Fiiish said:

MrOneLung said:

Once aired, people have the right to discuss the episode on facebook, twitter whatever.

People have a right to discuss anything whenever. It's about courtesy. Same reason why people don't post any Premier League scores on here until after MOTD has aired.
    But why ???? Why should I not be able to talk about a wondergoal scored in a Premiership match at 4.30 pm until midnight just because you want to bury your head in the sand for 8 hours & not join the real world. It's not as if a) you support that particular team, b) its such an important game that you just can't watch it without knowing the score.

I do find it rather irksome that I can't post that Palarse are 3-0 down after 15 mins just because you want to wait until 11pm to watch it "unsullied" - is it REALLY going to spoil your evening when you sit down to watch MOTD that you already know the scores ?? This is a football forum & on matchdays there are a lot of people around the world who want to know whats going on in ALL the games being played.

If anything, I think YOU are the one being selfish. (when I say YOU I don't mean the poster above - just a general YOU & aimed at those concerned)

Palace losing is usually an exception isn't it?
  • The word "crispy". What's wrong with the word "crisp"?

"These potatoes are lovely and crisp" - that's all you need. If they're crispy, surely that means "exhibiting characteristics of a crisp-like nature".

Anyway I went to DGS, and to me and my peers Crispy has other connotations.

• I'd say there is a difference between crisp and crispy.

A wine can be crisp. A potato can be crispy.

A new fiver is crisp. A burnt tenner is crispy.
  • IdleHans said:

The word "crispy". What's wrong with the word "crisp"?

"These potatoes are lovely and crisp" - that's all you need. If they're crispy, surely that means "exhibiting characteristics of a crisp-like nature".

Anyway I went to DGS, and to me and my peers Crispy has other connotations.

Ha ha. Was there 82-88 and he was my English teacher first two years.
  • The so called improvements to Albion Road Bexleyheath.

I always thought it worked quite well, but apparently it will be all the better to reduce the two lanes to one and provide a cycle path (of course). It is apparently mostly funded by tfl, but either way it is robbing millions of pounds from the public purse to achieve very, very little.

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/bexley-cms/files/BTCR2-Stage-2-scheme-overview.pdf
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

Fiiish said:

MrOneLung said:

• Stig said:

The bastard severed signalling cable that means I'm stuck in a tunnel near Berkhamsted, with no sign of getting to the Bummie promised land. Could be worse though, there's poor sods on here hoping to catch a plane.

Sorry Stig, but I have little sympathy for anyone traveling to Birmingham!

I always thought it worked quite well, but apparently it will be all the better to reduce the two lanes to one and provide a cycle path (of course). It is apparently mostly funded by tfl, but either way it is robbing millions of pounds from the public purse to achieve very, very little.

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/sites/bexley-cms/files/BTCR2-Stage-2-scheme-overview.pdf

Agreed, nothing wrong with Albion Road.

The junction at the police station however, is a free for all joke, especially with the amount of buses involved.

Unless you're a cyclist! ;-)
  • Macronate said:

The so called improvements to Albion Road Bexleyheath.

The junction at the police station however, is a free for all joke, especially with the amount of buses involved.
    So dangerous there, and the mini roundabout at the bottom of Albion road by HSBC. Those crossings, are cars meant to give way to pedestrians? Nobody seems to know.
  • Macronate said:

The so called improvements to Albion Road Bexleyheath.

So dangerous there, and the mini roundabout at the bottom of Albion road by HSBC. Those crossings, are cars meant to give way to pedestrians? Nobody seems to know.
    https://youtu.be/h-OvGYHHbSU
  • I am one of the selfish lot who don't like to know scores before I watch the highlights. I have no problem with people on here who want to discuss it but it being on its own say premiership games thread then I can easily avoid. Same with the cricket and the tour De France. I just don't go on those threads till I've caught up.

Ive got to the point where I have trained myself not to read papers or watch the news in case they give the results away. I've left pubs singing to myself when I hear someone starting a conversation about the cricket or something. I'm even able to keep my eyes away from TV's in pubs. Might call it a bit obsessive but as I don't get the chance to watch all games live I do like to enjoy the next best thing. To me it's like knowing the end of the book before you even start it.
  • I am one of the selfish lot who don't like to know scores before I watch the highlights. I have no problem with people on here who want to discuss it but it being on its own say premiership games thread then I can easily avoid. Same with the cricket and the tour De France. I just don't go on those threads till I've caught up.

Ive got to the point where I have trained myself not to read papers or watch the news in case they give the results away. I've left pubs singing to myself when I hear someone starting a conversation about the cricket or something. I'm even able to keep my eyes away from TV's in pubs. Might call it a bit obsessive but as I don't get the chance to watch all games live I do like to enjoy the next best thing. To me it's like knowing the end of the book before you even start it.

Are you Bob or Terry?
  • iainment said:

I am one of the selfish lot who don't like to know scores before I watch the highlights. I have no problem with people on here who want to discuss it but it being on its own say premiership games thread then I can easily avoid. Same with the cricket and the tour De France. I just don't go on those threads till I've caught up.

Are you Bob or Terry?
    probably too young too understand to what you are referring to. England f......
  • iainment said:

I am one of the selfish lot who don't like to know scores before I watch the highlights. I have no problem with people on here who want to discuss it but it being on its own say premiership games thread then I can easily avoid. Same with the cricket and the tour De France. I just don't go on those threads till I've caught up.

Are you Bob or Terry?
    probably too young too understand to what you are referring to. England f......
    Don't pigeon hole me. I might be youngish but If had to i would hide in a church to avoid the score.

Btw I'm more Terry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lack of men's team signings!
  • This deletes one of my "general things that annoy you":

BBC: Credit and debit card surcharges to be banned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40648641
  • When Doctors or Health and Fitness professionals don't practice what they preach.
  • gary lineker on social media ( i dont follow him but some fuckers that i do keep retweeting him )
  • Steve Wright being paid £500,000+ by the BBC.
    I've wasted my life working for a pittance if the talentless get rewarded for so little. It should have been me.
  • edited July 2017
    charltons instragram trying to be funny by taking the piss out of a dover defender - were a fucking laughing stock as it is.

actually more so just clubs in general being on social media.
  • Steve Wright being paid £500,000+ by the BBC.
    I've wasted my life working for a pittance if the talentless get rewarded for so little. It should have been me.

yep, when looking through the list he was the one who really stood out to me as WTF

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!