Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

The fecking hoops you have to jump through to just apply for a job.

The superlative-filled job specs and person specs that accompany every job advertisement. Why do they have to make every vacancy sound as if western civilisation will crash if they can't fill a post with their particular desired image of hyper-motivated beaver drone?

Any recruiter who expects their potential recruits to be 'passionate' about their job or their industry should be crushed like a bug under the weight of superfluous words they expect people to spout in applying. Passion is for lovers you idiots, not for corporate head-nodders. And another thing, not every job is strategic. In fact not every management job is strategic. In fact, here's the killer, most management jobs aren't strategic. Most are about seeing an organisation through the everyday hassles and problems it faces. Go and read Michael Porter to see what strategy is all about before introducing it into every job spec. You'll be amazed at how far removed it is from most people's work experiences.

Their hyperbole serves no useful purpose. It demotivates decent people whilst acting as an incentive to bullshitters and chancers. Here's an idea, just try being honest: we're looking for an ordinary person do an average job for as little money as we can get away with.

Stig
    Passionate in his hatred of risible recruitment rigmarole
    I'd give you your poster of the week award for that. I cannot stand it. Job specs immediately make you feel like an ant I find. This is us, we're the best company in the world, we're going to make you feel like you'd be lucky to apply.

It's a wider problem in business in my opinion. Bullshit and more bullshit. People tripping over themselves to come out with the wankiest possible waffle
    With us both feeling the same Cabbles, it's amazing that we both got through the moderator's selection event.
    It's called The Peter Principle...
  • The Peter Principle, I've lost count of the amount of people that applies to.
  • MrOneLung said:

Stig said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

The superlative-filled job specs and person specs that accompany every job advertisement. Why do they have to make every vacancy sound as if western civilisation will crash if they can't fill a post with their particular desired image of hyper-motivated beaver drone?

Any recruiter who expects their potential recruits to be 'passionate' about their job or their industry should be crushed like a bug under the weight of superfluous words they expect people to spout in applying. Passion is for lovers you idiots, not for corporate head-nodders. And another thing, not every job is strategic. In fact not every management job is strategic. In fact, here's the killer, most management jobs aren't strategic. Most are about seeing an organisation through the everyday hassles and problems it faces. Go and read Michael Porter to see what strategy is all about before introducing it into every job spec. You'll be amazed at how far removed it is from most people's work experiences.

Their hyperbole serves no useful purpose. It demotivates decent people whilst acting as an incentive to bullshitters and chancers. Here's an idea, just try being honest: we're looking for an ordinary person do an average job for as little money as we can get away with.

Stig
    I'd give you your poster of the week award for that. I cannot stand it. Job specs immediately make you feel like an ant I find. This is us, we're the best company in the world, we're going to make you feel like you'd be lucky to apply.

It's a wider problem in business in my opinion. Bullshit and more bullshit. People tripping over themselves to come out with the wankiest possible waffle
    With us both feeling the same Cabbles, it's amazing that we both got through the moderator's selection event.
    It's called The Peter Principle...
    The cheek of it!!!!
  • Stig said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

Stig

money talks
  • Emirates airlines - charge far more for us in dubai than they do outside of country. Then have the cheek to offer a discounted biz class upgrade with no perks (no Chauffeur or lounge access) after they screw me on the economy ticket!
  • Emirates airlines - charge far more for us in dubai than they do outside of country. Then have the cheek to offer a discounted biz class upgrade with no perks (no Chauffeur or lounge access) after they screw me on the economy ticket!

A step up from a small bag of peanuts
    Stay at the hotels where they stop overnight and it is certainly on the menu!
  • Numpties on my Facebook sharing Southend News Network stories. Stupidity at its finest.
  • Numpties on my Facebook sharing Southend News Network stories. Stupidity at its finest.

Do they think they are real and comment on them?
  • Like Forest Echo News on Twitter?
  • Sponsored links:

• Calling anything other than a 'suicide note' a suicide note.

Really trivialising suicide if you want to call a draft political document a suicide note.

Tories are shit, Labour are shit. This is a shit time for an election. #monsterravinglooneyparty
  • MrLargo said:

The 2017 World Athletics Championships are taking place at the Olympic Stadium in July.

The official/commercially-friendly name for this event is the Muller Anniversary Games 2017.

they are 2 completely separate events
  • Stig said:

That Ctrl+F in Outlook forwards a message, but in all other programmes it is the shortcut for find. Some consistency please.

I forgot how much this annoys me as have just done it AGAIN !!!

Have now looked it up and if you do F4 it brings up the find box.
    F5 ruins our take over so be carefull
  • Anyone who uses the following excuses to justify themselves being rude, obnoxious or impatient:

'I'm having a bad day.'
    'I didn't sleep well.'
    'I'm in a rush.'
    'I'm old.'

Those excuses are nonsense. You just think you're somehow superior to the person you're aiming your behaviour towards and you'll get away with it with one of the above reasons.
  • Pistachio nuts.
    As my doctor insists on calling them.
  • edited May 2017

Anyone who says 'do you know who I am?'

I don't care who you are but I know you're an absolute class A w@#£€r!

It requires a special kind of lack of self-awareness to say that in an un-ironic way.
  • 1. That I don't know the negative for 'ironic'
    2. When people use the word 'learning' as a noun (specifically a work thing I guess):

"The key learning from this session is..."
  • Sponsored links:

2. When people use the word 'learning' as a noun (specifically a work thing I guess):

Sounds like the learning they need to do is learn the word 'lesson'.

Sounds like the learning they need to do is learn the word 'lesson'.
    Yes, but then it sounds like a line from allo allo
  • The complete timewasters you get selling your car privately. I used to think people were mad trading in but I can see the appeal now.
  • Fiiish said:

I don't even like fucking cats!

Then stop doing it.
    Fixed! :p
  • buying second hand records from Notting Hill Record and Tape Exchange.....

I thought it went "I'm going to cut you into little pieces...."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!