Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• not knowing whether or not I can drive in bus lanes on a bank holiday
  • edited May 2017

I hope they shut down John Lewis immediately. Disgusting scenes.
    I struggled to notice the problem until I read the tweets. Is that a real issue?
  • edited May 2017
    Car drivers that try to jump the queue in the lane of traffic that takes you in and out of Kidbrooke village who then get punchy because you don't let them in.
  • 1StevieG said:

Car drivers that try to jump the queue in the lane of traffic that takes you in and out of Kidbrooke village who then get punchy because you don't let them in.

Me too. And i don't let em in.
  • Reading in the paper this morning about a US firm with a monopoly on NHS bedside phones and TVs. 50p a minute to call patients and £5 per day to watch free-to-air channels. This is in over 150 hospitals. And none of the money goes to the NHS.
    How do we let this happen!?
    Gross exploitation.
  • Diane Abbott on both itv and bbc in last 30 minutes. Where's @ibborg when you want him?
  • Diane Abbott

Fixed it for you...
  • IdleHans said:

Parents who take their dreadful children to pubs and cafes and, because they can't be bothered to talk to them, let them watch noisy streamed shit on their tablets which IRRITATES THE FUCK OUT OF ME.

Same on planes! Why don't they just get them headphones?

Not just kids in fairness, often sat in pub listening to people playing some funny video out loud on their phone.
  • Diane Abbott on both itv and bbc in last 30 minutes. Where's @ibborg when you want him?

She was on lbc this morning.... Disastrous
  • Sponsored links:

The Tories manage to be disastrous 24/7/365. She's got a lot of catching up to do...

(She is a bit of a twat though, you are not wrong there).

The Tories manage to be disastrous 24/7/365. She's got a lot of catching up to do...

I hate the tories but any swing voter have just made up their mind after that.

I hate the tories but any swing voter have just made up their mind after that.
    Though I didn't hear it, I think you might be right. Which is odd after the PMs showing on the Marr show, and the past few years of continuous disasters from the Tories that one interview would swing everyone.
  • Regardless of your political views, can you actually imagine Abbot and Thornberry occupying the roles they do now, in government, with JC at the helm? Jesus wept

....and I ain't a fan of BoJo in his role at the moment either
  • 1StevieG said:

I like the panache of it, but when you miss the lights and you see the knobhead who went around the outside get through - that's a punch in the gut.

I really struggle with lane etiquette at the 'World of Leather' roundabout (do people still call it that...?) going South to North and to a slightly lesser extent vice versa as well. Goes from 3 into 2, and it's an absolute free-for-all to get into the right lane to go through Kidbrooke Village.

Shit like this keeps me awake at night.
  • Regardless of your political views, can you actually imagine Abbot and Thornberry occupying the roles they do now, in government, with JC at the helm? Jesus wept

....and I ain't a fan of BoJo in his role at the moment either

We are living with the reality of May, Hunt, Grayling, Leadsom, Davis and as you say Bojo. We don't need imagination to make a deity cry.
  • Diane Abbott on both itv and bbc in last 30 minutes. Where's @ibborg Guy Fawkes when you want him?

• BDL's replacement - he is truly dreadful.
  • edited May 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

I hope they shut down John Lewis immediately. Disgusting scenes.
    I really still don't see the issue!

You are born male or female

Typically young males will like blue and females will like pink. They won't be offended if you buy a card that matches their sex. They probably haven't yet decided if they would like to identify as anything else than boy or girl at that stage.

I am not saying it is right or wrong but I find this Gender identity stuff ridiculous like a woman at work came out with this pearl: 'I am a man, born in a woman's body, but I am gay, so only find men attractive'

You're a straight female, potentially with a few male-like tendencies, but you're a female.

I'd have thought that "Typically young males will like blue and females will like pink" is entirely social conditioning - which is what people take offense to. Biologically surely there can be no (or a minute) difference?

But yeah, who cares?! To actually get upset/bothered by that is something I can't get my head around. Only damage I can see being done is boys being slightly more disposed to becoming a Millwall fan in the future. Actually... wait, this an outrage! Ban John Lewis!
  • Sponsored links:

• Just sat there reading a 'minute' difference thinking why is he talking about a period of time, then realised... 'My Newt' not 'Min It'

Damn English.

• Sure pink and blue are down to social conditioning, I happen to think that does not matter a jot. I have never been swayed by it on the rare occasion I purchase anything for a baby. If I want an orange card, I can find one. If I like a blue bib I'll buy it whether it's for a boy or girl. All that display is doing is making it easy for the unimaginative majority who are happy to go along with the pink/blue thing to find what they want more easily.

I was still trying to work out if the tweet and subsequent offence was a piss take or not
  • Sure pink and blue are down to social conditioning, I happen to think that does not matter a jot. I have never been swayed by it on the rare occasion I purchase anything for a baby. If I want an orange card, I can find one. If I like a blue bib I'll buy it whether it's for a boy or girl. All that display is doing is making it easy for the unimaginative majority who are happy to go along with the pink/blue thing to find what they want more easily.

Great explanation

She was truly awful, anyone that represented a normal company with such a severe lack of information would be kicked out.
  • Given that Dianne Abbott was apparently once rather clever and came across well, you have to wonder where it all went so wrong.

She always comes across terribly, has a fine foot in mouth ability, and hardly ever has bothered to master any part of her brief.

Fucking awful.
  • stonemuse said:

Diane Abbott on both itv and bbc in last 30 minutes. Where's @ibborg when you want him?

She was truly awful, anyone that represented a normal company with such a severe lack of information would be kicked out.
    And the very fact that JC doesn't find it a problem, is a massive problem itself IMO
  • How a politician in her position cannot bother to prepare for a national radio interview is beyond me.

Stupid woman
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!