Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Now then, there's clear exaggeration in that post @foibles
  • Now then, there's clear exaggeration in that post @foibles

It's my day of reckoning, as prophesicised

Turn CL into a forum of rage by stirring the pot, all because of a dropped b
  • That worrying feeling when mistakenly cooking and eating a couple of lamb samosas I thought I bought last week then realising they must be at least a week older than that as was on hols last week.

Hoping severe illness does not ensue.
  • The addidas pogba advert. What a load of bollocks. It really is what I call 'Nike' football (yes, I'm aware it's an addidas advert). By 'Nike' football I mean a cheesy advert sort of befitting the kind of tripe they roll out on soccer am where they do the skills montage to some pony rap or hip hop tune or that skills school stuff they did.

It glamourises all the flair stuff, which let's be honest isn't what constitutes winning trophies.
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

Going to B&Q on a Wednesday, forgetting that it's pensioner day in there and running the gauntlet with hoards of pensioners. Hundreds of them all on their weekly day out, it's like a scene from Cocoon Meets The Walking Dead.

As a pensioner, who is glad of B&Q Wednesday, I take offence to this statement, you have obviously not got to be over 60, and hopefully one day you will, perhaps then you will understand when people are only on a small pension, but need d-i-y products
    Sorry for any offence. I wouldn't take me too seriously though Ross, I ain't too far away myself these days.
    This could be like that time @Covered End said he beats the living shit out of children who dare to come near him in swimming pools.

@Stig hates old people
    I hate old people as well :wink:
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

Going to B&Q on a Wednesday, forgetting that it's pensioner day in there and running the gauntlet with hoards of pensioners. Hundreds of them all on their weekly day out, it's like a scene from Cocoon Meets The Walking Dead.

As a pensioner, who is glad of B&Q Wednesday, I take offence to this statement, you have obviously not got to be over 60, and hopefully one day you will, perhaps then you will understand when people are only on a small pension, but need d-i-y products
    Sorry for any offence. I wouldn't take me too seriously though Ross, I ain't too far away myself these days.
    This could be like that time @Covered End said he beats the living shit out of children who dare to come near him in swimming pools.

@Stig hates old people
    @Covered End found lamping pensioners at b&q on Wednesdays under the instruction of @Stig
  • cabbles said:

Now then, there's clear exaggeration in that post @foibles

It's my day of reckoning, as prophesicised

Turn CL into a forum of rage by stirring the pot, all because of a dropped b
    Don't talk ollocks. ;)
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    @Covered End found lamping pensioners at b&q on Wednesdays under the instruction of @Stig
    I'd start with RD.
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    I imagine @Redmidland has just pulled the red triangle in his warden patrolled flat after reading that. ;)
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    I'd start with RD.
    Just don't wait for him at the valley
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    I'd start with RD.
    @stig..hope you never get old then son!! Cheeky bastard...;-)
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    Over 65s only, using the code *S*T*I*G extra 25% if you can hold him up a bit longer.
  • Slices of fruit in my beer. Ordered some American craft beer thingy (blue moon) and discovered after a few sips a slice of orange was in there
    Just... No
  • cabbles said:

The addidas pogba advert. What a load of bollocks. It really is what I call 'Nike' football (yes, I'm aware it's an addidas advert). By 'Nike' football I mean a cheesy advert sort of befitting the kind of tripe they roll out on soccer am where they do the skills montage to some pony rap or hip hop tune or that skills school stuff they did.

It glamourises all the flair stuff, which let's be honest isn't what constitutes winning trophies.

Could not agree more @cobblers
  • cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Stig said:

ross1 said:

Stig said:

@Stig hates old people
    I'd start with RD.
    @stig..hope you never get old then son!! Cheeky bastard...;-)
    You want him to die young? What a terrible thing to write, RM. :wink:

(I too own a copy of the CL book of taking things too literally)
  • inconsistent predictive text
  • That worrying feeling when mistakenly cooking and eating a couple of lamb samosas I thought I bought last week then realising they must be at least a week older than that as was on hols last week.

Same here, especially when I saw that the sell-buy date was 2013!

It was a bought-frozen product, but I was very nervous nonetheless and now after 48 hours am I able to relax.

It was a bought-frozen product, but I was very nervous nonetheless and now after 48 hours am I able to relax.

Frozen stuff is fine forever, I'm aware that is not a health and hygiene approved statement but when I sold my last house in 2013 I was eating out of the freezer in an attempt to empty it and also save some cash. There was stuff in there from 2006 and it didn't harm me.

Now I'm not trying to talk up my constitution here because that's too weak for Africa or Turkey. Any time I spend there is inclusive of intensive weight loss and a probable anal prolapse from the volume of time spent blasting and dribbling varying degrees of sloppy shit out brought on by the local delicately of e-coli
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

That worrying feeling when mistakenly cooking and eating a couple of lamb samosas I thought I bought last week then realising they must be at least a week older than that as was on hols last week.

Frozen stuff is fine forever, I'm aware that is not a health and hygiene approved statement but when I sold my last house in 2013 I was eating out of the freezer in an attempt to empty it and also save some cash. There was stuff in there from 2006 and it didn't harm me.

Now I'm not trying to talk up my constitution here because that's too weak for Africa or Turkey. Any time I spend there is inclusive of intensive weight loss and a probable anal prolapse from the volume of time spent blasting and dribbling varying degrees of sloppy shit out brought on by the local delicately of e-coli
    After the gut/arse problems I had in Turkey in the summer, I'm doing better out here this week. Have been eating and drinking like the greedy fat f****r I am all week with no reaction. Just popped out for a quick lunch which descended into a session. My wife is currently on her 5th post meal Pina colada.
  • Carter said:

That worrying feeling when mistakenly cooking and eating a couple of lamb samosas I thought I bought last week then realising they must be at least a week older than that as was on hols last week.

I recall one of the TV chefs saying the same thing on tele a few years ago.
  • Bake off. We have last years mob back on tonight.
    I'll be glad when the next series comes on channel 4 and gets destroyed.
  • LenGlover said:

The demise of the words 'Thank You' from the English language when you stand aside to allow someone else through a narrow gap first.

The modern response is a Meirelike smirk conveying non verbally a perception of superiority and entitlement.

Cheers for mentioning that.
  • LenGlover said:

The demise of the words 'Thank You' from the English language when you stand aside to allow someone else through a narrow gap first.

The modern response is a Meirelike smirk conveying non verbally a perception of superiority and entitlement.

Len I truly believe people as a whole are less considerate as a whole today and so fixated on their world. Take that example I was raging about earlier re: the woman who couldn't be bothered to take out her oyster. Yes me getting stuck and not being the one to go through the gate was annoying, but it's more the fact that just because she's in cruise control and can't be bothered to just do that extra thing in a crowded place that enraged me.

I had a shocker of a day at work today and when you've had that and you have to get on that tube and do a commute, it's no wonder you dont hear more about people flipping out
  • Joey Essex

The fact someone can make a career out of being thick as shit really annoys me!
  • He still around is he? Doesn't make it into Men at Home magazine
  • Everytime there is a big vote (General / Brexit / Presidential) they wheel him out to find out about it, almost on behalf of all the thick people out there who dont have a clue... Am sorry but if you dont have a clue, dont vote.

Like those people who voted Brexit for a laugh because they didnt think it would happen.

We had the Police Commissioner vote in Medway a few months ago and my wife refused to vote because she didnt know enough about what she was voting for (no information had been provided)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!