Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Brits wanting Britain to be further away from France that it actually is in order that we can pretend we aren't part of Europe. Should be put to sea in boats with ropes attached to the UK and made to pull hard for a few days.
  • Alice in Wonderland the fucking movie version with Brad Pitt or whatever his name is. What a total arse.
  • Goggle Box

Why? It's great TV.
  • Goggle Box

Why? It's great TV.
    Because it's not made by the BBC
  • Goggle Box

Why? It's great TV.
    What watching people pretend they've forgot they're on camera? No mate, I'd sooner clean the chicken run out with me tongue
  • Goggle Box

Why? It's great TV.
    What watching people pretend they've forgot they're on camera? No mate, I'd sooner clean the chicken run out with me tongue
    Some people know they are on camera and they are shit but there are some great one liners and after all it's light TV. Plus the blonde bird is an absolute weapon.
  • Goggle Box

Why? It's great TV.
    Some people know they are on camera and they are shit but there are some great one liners and after all it's light TV. Plus the blonde bird is an absolute weapon.
    She ain't bad, summin about her chubby sister that appeals an all, but they both cancelled out by the orange monster
  • The Malone family on Gogglebox who always have a bowl full of great big cakes or such like on the coffee table.

Apart from the five huge dogs sniffing around everywhere you have Ol’ man Malone’s dirty rotten trainers inches from said delights as he relaxes into his telly.

I am drawn to watch this horror story, but I don’t know why.
  • The ones I like are (apologies don't know their names)

The Asian Blokes
    The Geordies
    The Posh Drunks ( are they in this series)
    The Knitting mum, dad, brother and sister
    The German dad.
    Giles and Mary with the camouflaged armchair
    The old scouse couple ( Leon?)

Don't like

The vicar
    The newish family with mum with bright red hair
    The Welsh couple (don't know why)

Ambivalent about the others.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's my own fault, I know I shouldn't, but arguing with pro Brexiters - what a fucking nightmare. I explained to one chap how the loss of reciprocal health care would force Karen and I to move back to the UK. His answer to that? "I have always believed in private health care". Great - your belief will be mighty useful next time I have a heart attack. Utter cock!

Brits wanting Britain to stay in The EU, in order that they do not have to live in Britain.

You couldn't make it up.
    Good point - although it is, of course self explanatory. I would be pro EU if I lived in the UK, just for the record.
  • Middle class people spending their weekend running through muddy obstacle courses
  • edited June 2016
    Being made to feel like Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady and Ian Huntley all rolled into one when the self service payment machine doesn't work in Sainsburys.

I told 'er indoors to wait at a conventional checkout for a normal human being but she knew better!

The stress of the whole experience has taken years off my life and there aren't that many to go!
  • People who use the word "literally" when they really mean it "figuratively". Such as "I literally laughed my head off" or "I literally died of embarrassment".

Also people who overuse "quotation marks". "That literally pisses me off".
  • People who use the word "literally" when they really mean it "figuratively". Such as "I literally laughed my head off" or "I literally died of embarrassment".

assume you don't realise that the dictionary definition of Literally was changed a couple of years ago to include the informal meaning Figuratively so those people are all using it correctly. that will probably annoy you even more though

Also people who overuse "quotation marks". "That literally pisses me off".

https://youtu.be/1ydBhh4dR1I

I agree by the way!
  • Wow he's an odd one, seems to spend a lot of his time tweeting abuse at celebrities that will never see it
  • Middle class people spending their weekend running through muddy obstacle courses

Keeps them off the streets.
  • rina said:

People who use the word "literally" when they really mean it "figuratively". Such as "I literally laughed my head off" or "I literally died of embarrassment".

assume you don't realise that the dictionary definition of Literally was changed a couple of years ago to include the informal meaning Figuratively so those people are all using it correctly. that will probably annoy you even more though
    So because the Facebook/ X-Box/ chicken-nugget generation don't know the meaning of literally, it has to be changed to accommodate their stupidity and end up meaning the opposite of its definition.
    Dumb down Britain.

• Sponsored links:

• Social media posts that go...

'*place name* - you've been great, see you again some time'

Makes my eyeballs itch
  • Redskin said:

rina said:

People who use the word "literally" when they really mean it "figuratively". Such as "I literally laughed my head off" or "I literally died of embarrassment".

So because the Facebook/ X-Box/ chicken-nugget generation don't know the meaning of literally, it has to be changed to accommodate their stupidity and end up meaning the opposite of its definition.
    Dumb down Britain.

sadly yes
  • Sounds like a half wit. It's best to universally ignore this sort of prick unless he actually materialised from behind his computer screen; then we could queue up like that scene from Airplane! to knock some sense into him.
  • edited June 2016
    Redskin said:

rina said:

Dumb down Britain.

You are literally a dinosaur.

Not sure why you feel the need to express your point with such a feeling of superiority.
  • Redskin said:

rina said:

Dumb down Britain.

Not sure why you feel the need to express your point with such a feeling of superiority.
    Because we are Charlton fans, we rarely get to experience anything remotely approaching a feeling of superiority...
  • edited June 2016

Redskin said:

rina said:

Dumb down Britain.

Perhaps 'generation' insinuating young people specifically was a little unfair; they are plenty of cretins of my age that fall into this category.
    The Not sure why you feel need to... is straight out of the Irving book of having one's nose put out of joint, but the reason being - in this particular instance - is because I am superior. Literally.

• Yes it was the generation comment and yes it did put my nose out of joint. Figuratively.
  • People who encourage their bloody dogs to bark, Ive had the neighbours in my ear for the last hour and bloody half .
  • People who play hold music out loud in the office.
  • Redskin said:

Redskin said:

rina said:

Dumb down Britain.

Perhaps 'generation' insinuating young people specifically was a little unfair; they are plenty of cretins of my age that fall into this category.
    The Not sure why you feel need to... is straight out of the Irving book of having one's nose put out of joint, but the reason being - in this particular instance - is because I am superior. Literally.

has the word "virtually" gone this way too ?

yours sincerely Mr B Rubble

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!