Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Redskin said:

Chimney sweeps in Broadstairs.I left messages with six of them and not one of them bothered to reply.
    Chim-chimeny, my arse.

Do you live in Broadstairs now ?
    No, helping out a friend.Like it down there; fantastic fishmongers, good micro-pub and strolls down to Botany Bay...
    Saw Bish the other day and he wondered if you remembered old Rakel slamming a door on your head...
  • Redskin said:

Redskin said:

Chimney sweeps in Broadstairs.I left messages with six of them and not one of them bothered to reply.
    Chim-chimeny, my arse.

Do you live in Broadstairs now ?
    No, helping out a friend.Like it down there; fantastic fishmongers, good micro-pub and strolls down to Botany Bay...
    Saw Bish the other day and he wondered if you remembered old Rakel slamming a door on your head...
    Presumably, you are saying Mr Rackal the History teacher slammed a door on my head ?

No I don't remember this, but it would explain a lot :smile:

I do remember Mr Smith the Maths teacher clouting me round the head really hard though, the bastard.

I think we may have a new thread here.
  • Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

There are 6 chimney sweeps in Broadstairs? I'm astonished
  • rina said:

Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

And about the same number of Micropubs. Which one are you referring to Mr Red Skin?
  • There are five trade organizations for Chimney Sweeps in the UK.
    My favourite, and surely everyone's, is The Guild Of Master Chimney Sweeps.

Maybe the reason none of them got back to you is because they've all got the flue?
  • edited August 2015
    rina said:

Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

Bit of artistic licence there; it was Broadstairs and its environs; Kent, basically.

• Riviera said:

rina said:

Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

And about the same number of Micropubs. Which one are you referring to Mr Red Skin?
    The Thirty - Nine Steps. I don't know of any others in Broadstairs.

• chappers said:

Non indication at roundabouts. Pedestrian crossings, pedestrian presses button no traffic anywhere near, they cross, light goes red about 10 seconds after they've crossed, I sit there for no reason!! grr!

"No traffic anywhere" and "I sit there for no reason". How does that work ?
  • Sitting in Gatwick departures, only 1 flight delayed and it's mine. Looking like 3 hrs late and its cost me a trip to the Jo Malone shop already.
  • Sitting in Gatwick departures, only 1 flight delayed and it's mine. Looking like 3 hrs late and its cost me a trip to the Jo Malone shop already.

just go and get shit faced
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

Riviera said:

rina said:

Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

The Yard of Ale

We boarded on time on Saturday but we sat on the Tarmac for 2 hours due to a delay.
  • Whichever clown approved 6 weeks worth of roadworks at the busy junction at the bottom of my road.

Just because the school summer holidays are 6 weeks does not mean they get to spend 6 weeks fannying about with a pipe. If it can't be done in a week or less and it is an extremely busy junction (causing delays of 20 minutes in all directions), make them do it at night. Clowns.
  • Riviera said:

Redskin said:

Riviera said:

rina said:

Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

The Yard of Ale
    The one in St Peter's? Heard of it but not been there.

• Fiiish said:

Whichever clown approved 6 weeks worth of roadworks at the busy junction at the bottom of my road.

Just because the school summer holidays are 6 weeks does not mean they get to spend 6 weeks fannying about with a pipe. If it can't be done in a week or less and it is an extremely busy junction (causing delays of 20 minutes in all directions), make them do it at night. Clowns.

Problem is people moan like buggery about work that like taking place at night. Councils are the root cause of this problem
  • Carter said:

Fiiish said:

Whichever clown approved 6 weeks worth of roadworks at the busy junction at the bottom of my road.

Problem is people moan like buggery about work that like taking place at night. Councils are the root cause of this problem
    Actually tbf that's a fair point, I can't hear it from my house but bet the people at that end can. Still, the council gave them 6 weeks to do the job purely because that's how long the school holidays are. Everytime I walk/drive past there seem to only be two people there drinking tea and eating biscuits. Think if they picked up their hammer every now and then they could have done it in a week. Taking the piss.
  • PeterGage said:

chappers said:

Non indication at roundabouts. Pedestrian crossings, pedestrian presses button no traffic anywhere near, they cross, light goes red about 10 seconds after they've crossed, I sit there for no reason!! grr!

"No traffic anywhere" and "I sit there for no reason". How does that work ?
    I guess he can see the crossing from a couple of hundred yards away, and can see there is no traffic other than himself on the road, giving said pedestrian ample time to cross without pushing the button. By the time he reaches the crossing, the light has now turned red, the pedestrian has cleared the crossing and is opening the door to the pub, there are no other pedestrians crossing, so he has to wait at the red light for no reason, Peter?
  • Redskin said:

Riviera said:

Redskin said:

Riviera said:

rina said:

Redskin said:

Chim-chimeny, my arse.

The Yard of Ale
    The one in St Peter's? Heard of it but not been there.

The Four Candles......
  • Rain. Been in Majorca since Saturday and apart from a bit of sun yesterday all it's done is piss down.

It's still f***ing raining.

Maybe the reason none of them got back to you is because they've all got the flue?

That's no excuse for all of them to give him the brush off!
  • Sponsored links:

That's no excuse for all of them to give him the brush off!
    Maybe the job didn't soot them?
  • These chimney sweep jokes are beginning to grate.
  • That's it - you are all fired...
  • Rain. Been in Majorca since Saturday and apart from a bit of sun yesterday all it's done is piss down.

It's still f***ing raining.
    It's lovely in Albufeira... :blush:
  • Wedding bores

Baby bores
  • buckshee said:

Wedding bores

Wedding bores who think they should get extra time off (additional to their annual leave) for wedding planning etc.
  • buckshee said:

Wedding bores

Baby bores

So it's births, marriages and deaths you have a problem with. I'm sure there must be a name for that.
  • Canteen sugar bowl double dippers!
  • shady used car dealers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!