Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Riviera said:

Sliced bread.

Dont be silly, it is the best thing since, well er....
  • MrOneLung said:

Riviera said:

Sliced bread.

Dont be silly, it is the best thing since, well er....

They sell like hot cakes at our bakers. Someone should have word with the Baker.

• Hitting the permanent road works on the M3, steaming up in a traffic jam and seeing a sign that says "Welcome to our Workplace". WTF

Not that there's ever any f#cker working, it's worse on the M1 up here where the sign says something about my dad works here. Does he fuck! Nobody has been seen working on that stretch in a year. Your Dad has absconded son with all the rest of the fuckers who make life shite for motorway users.
  • Riviera said:

Having just watched Q of Sport for the first time in probably 20 years (an Ashes special that's why) my I add Matt Dawson

The whole show for me is cringe worthy. Phil Tuffnel's slowly morphing into Ralph Inneson facially and at all costs will try and crack a joke. Dawson's so bland and Barker, she's the worst. Chuckling away at her 'boys' as the BBC has no choice to house her somewhere throughout the year in between Wimbledon and Sports Personality of the year.
  • cabbles said:

Riviera said:

Having just watched Q of Sport for the first time in probably 20 years (an Ashes special that's why) my I add Matt Dawson

The whole show for me is cringe worthy. Phil Tuffnel's slowly morphing into Ralph Inneson facially and at all costs will try and crack a joke. Dawson's so bland and Barker, she's the worst. Chuckling away at her 'boys' as the BBC has no choice to house her somewhere throughout the year in between Wimbledon and Sports Personality of the year.
    Question of Sport is so pleasant and good-natured, leave it alone!
  • cabbles said:

Riviera said:

I thought that about the football league show. They killed that
  • Spotting the only seat on the crowded Sidcup line and pushing your way through to claim it, only to find some scroat has nicked the cushion.

You're then faced with the prospect of continuing and saving face and sitting on your ruck sack, or retreating knowing that all around are having the little inward smirk at your misfortune.

Bastards!

if it's a two seat you will usually find the cushion under the seats
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Riviera said:

I thought that about the football league show. They killed that
    Sue Barker killed it. She said Clem's 'potted history' bits were shit.
  • The rumours thread being hijacked by other debates, so that your initial excitement at seeing a decent size block of unread posts is rudely dashed
  • Sponsored links:

• Tourists clogging up our town, dragging along there fat kids and buggies.

• Which town is that Shine?
  • Which town is that Shine?

Totnes, beautiful place 90% of the time.. But is too close to Torquay and Paignton this time of year :)
  • Albufeira in August. The town is packed with Frenchies, Spanish and Northern Portuguese all looking to find new and interesting ways of spending fuck all, driving like coked up Lewis Hamiltons and parking wherever they happen to stop their car.
  • shine166 said:

Which town is that Shine?

Totnes, beautiful place 90% of the time.. But is too close to Torquay and Paignton this time of year :)
    Where does it spend the rest of the year?

The same place, but with less fat scousers
  • edited August 2015
    Riviera said:

School bloody holidays! Grrrr

Don't worry, you'll back in the classroom soon. Big year for you, 11+ isn't it?
    Keep drinking that dish water Chirpy it actually makes you funny :wink:
  • Riviera said:

Glad I ain't the only one, geezer makes me cringe
  • Michael Parkinson flogging insurance.

He’s had a glittering career, done it all, written the book, got the tee shirt. Why the need to lose all semblance of dignity for a few bob that he plainly doesn’t need? Move over Michael, give the young guys a chance - go play some golf with Brucie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dreamland opening when it just ain't ready, hope it doesn't do too much harm in the future, I don't think we will be back in the near future, rides closed, those that worked were Breaking down left right and centre, the food concessions just are not ready for any sort of numbers, no hot donuts at any kiosks available, the staff are great trying real hard I hope it's for a reason and not a hollow future
  • Dreamland opening when it just ain't ready, hope it doesn't do too much harm in the future, I don't think we will be back in the near future, rides closed, those that worked were Breaking down left right and centre, the food concessions just are not ready for any sort of numbers, no hot donuts at any kiosks available, the staff are great trying real hard I hope it's for a reason and not a hollow future

There for the donuts, you're only there for the donuts..

Shame, had that penciled for later in the month.

Looks like I'll have to do the Grayson Perry thing instead.

• Gotta love a donut whilst at the seaside,
  • The amount of calories in a Carrot or Cucumber vs a Chocolate biscuit.

A chocolate biscuits flavour vs a cucumber/carrot.
  • cabbles said:

People in my office that say Cwofee when they want to get a coffee or offer to get coffee like they come from New York. FFS you're in London

Cool hwhip
  • Mistakes when kissing.

For example, last night I was saying good night to a french girl from work after a quick pint and i kissed her on the cheek once and she went for the 2nd one (maybe should have anticipated it as she is french) but I had pulled my head away already to leave and she ended up kissing thin air and I apologised when maybe I should have just ignored it and left because it just created a bit more awkwardness. Resulting in a big mess.

And this problem simply can't be fixed by remembering how the continental folks kiss, oh no. Just a week ago I was saying goodbye to a girl I used to go to school with and we went in for the hug, I went for the one sided cheek again but she just went for the hug and her cheek wasn't close enough for me to kiss it so i ended up kissing her ear. Once again very messy.

As long as you weren't sporting a boner, I'm sure they understood.
  • Excellent post.

Try this for size. I live in Luxembourg where it is traditional to kiss 3 times on alternating (face!) cheeks, in France it is twice and in Germany, where this has recently become fashionable, fashionable.

It can be difficult to coordinate the kissing when you don't what number the opposing kisser is used to...

It all gets very messy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!