Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• PL54 said:

Why the people who built my house decided to use the front garden as a skip before then throwing some earth over it.

Just dug down about a foot across one of the flower beds in it. It was like the freekin' Cretaceous period down there.

I reckon you can blame landfill tax for that. It was always foreseeable that builders would engage in that sort of tax avoidance at your expense. Its a reason why so much crap gets fly-tipped too. Think that Gordon Brown was the Chancellor who had that bright idea.
    Policy makers that don't spend enough time considering unexpected outcomes.
  • PL54 said:

Why the people who built my house decided to use the front garden as a skip before then throwing some earth over it.

Just dug down about a foot across one of the flower beds in it. It was like the freekin' Cretaceous period down there.

I reckon you can blame landfill tax for that. It was always foreseeable that builders would engage in that sort of tax avoidance at your expense. Its a reason why so much crap gets fly-tipped too. Think that Gordon Brown was the Chancellor who had that bright idea.
    My house was built in 1977, builders have always done this.
  • Stopping whilst walking to do a shoelace up, then taking a few steps and realising the other is not as tight as the one you just done.
  • Train strike being called off just after I have cancelled my weekend hotel reservation in Liverpool.

Wankers!

There was never any doubt that that was always going to happen.
    I know.....but I wasn't prepared to gamble a £450 hotel bill on it. I left it as late as I could.

Wankers
  • edited May 2015

PL54 said:

Introduced by Gummer in 1996, increased by £8 per tonne per year since 2011 incidentally.
  • Train strike being called off just after I have cancelled my weekend hotel reservation in Liverpool.

Wankers!

There was never any doubt that that was always going to happen.
    I know.....but I wasn't prepared to gamble a £450 hotel bill on it. I left it as late as I could.

Wankers
    Could you not book it again?
  • Not the same place or anywhere decent. There's some moody Cunard ship thing going on up there this weekend apparently and it's mobbed.

Plus I was fed up and had spat the dummy.

It's ok.....it was only Liverpool after all.
  • Bowlers in cricket who always get front foot no balls, why do they always have to really push the bowling line, it wouldn't exactly make much difference if they landed an inch or two a bit further back. Annoying when a wicket is given as a no ball or a DRS review gets wasted because of this.

And still it keeps happening...
  • Similarly corner kicks in football, the players put the ball outside the quadrant so that it is just hanging over the line.

Does it make that much difference?

Why not stick it in the middle of the quadrant so that there's no hassle with the linesman.

Saying that Kinsella used to put it way outside the quadrant!!
  • Sponsored links:

• People who brag about their summer holidays in Liverpool on the General Things That Annoy You thread.
  • IA said:

People who brag about their summer holidays in Liverpool on the General Things That Annoy You thread.

I won't apologise for it.....I've had a good year ;)
  • iaitch said:

Similarly corner kicks in football, the players put the ball outside the quadrant so that it is just hanging over the line.

Why not stick it in the middle of the quadrant so that there's no hassle with the linesman.

Players that can't clear the first man on corners. WHY? it's the most infuriating thing. Ambrose was a culprit and actually JBG is pretty poor too
  • People pushing shopping trolleys with their tits or stomachs with their arses stuck up in mid air. Really winds me up. Just stand up for fuck sake and push with your hands like normal people.
  • Not the same place or anywhere decent. There's some moody Cunard ship thing going on up there this weekend apparently and it's mobbed.

Plus I was fed up and had spat the dummy.

It's ok.....it was only Liverpool after all.

They've got an event with 3 Cunard ships (the three queens) up there this weekend and you're right, it will be mobbed. I was up there with work last week and they were saying it will be a madhouse. If you can re-schedule, you've probably had a result.
  • edited May 2015
    cabbles said:

iaitch said:

Similarly corner kicks in football, the players put the ball outside the quadrant so that it is just hanging over the line.

Players that can't clear the first man on corners. WHY? it's the most infuriating thing. Ambrose was a culprit and actually JBG is pretty poor too
    Good call and an annoyance for me, too.

I think it's coz they're trying to get pace on the ball as well as lift and maybe dip and they don't catch the ball right. Catching the ball in the ideal spot to achieve this is not easy otherwise these 'flat' crosses at pace would surely not happen?

Sure they practice and practice but also saw it at Ipswich Town (my local team - Alan Quinn being a particular culprit a few years back) but if you cross a ball and get too much air on it then it's easier for the defenders to attack and more difficult for the offensive team to get power on a header?

That's the best conclusion I could arrive at, anyway.

If it's simply poor technique, which I hope is not the case from a pro, then, agree, that's not acceptable in its regularity.

• purdis said:

cabbles said:

iaitch said:

Good call and an annoyance for me, too.

I think it's coz they're trying to get pace on the ball as well as lift and maybe dip and they don't catch the ball right. Catching the ball in the ideal spot to achieve this is not easy otherwise these 'flat' crosses at pace would surely not happen?

Sure they practice and practice but also saw it at Ipswich Town (my local team - Alan Quinn being a particular culprit a few years back) but if you cross a ball and get too much air on it then it's easier for the defenders to attack and more difficult for the offensive team to get power on a header?

That's the best conclusion I could arrive at, anyway.

If it's simply poor technique, which I hope is not the case from a pro, then, agree, that's not acceptable in its regularity.

This only annoys me when Charlton do it. Quite happy for our oppo to be so useless.
  • Leaving a put short of the hole.

The thing about corners reminded me. In a recent survey of 100 puts short of the hole, 0% were, as the golfing commentators put it, "made". You can say the same for corners that don't get past the first defender.
  • Take the crepe van to a newly promoted Premiership footballers pre-wedding party, expecting to see Yann the man in attendance only to find no one of any significance there! (Except some geezer what came last in the ShitFactor final a few year back) FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• The crepe van?

Is that like a French portaloo?
  • The pancake van
  • Labels and spare buttons on shirts. The phrases "new and improved" and "made to a traditional recepie". One more " massive savings".
  • edited May 2015
    Simon Cowell, generally but especially when he's reviewing another atrocious performance yet has the temerity to say, "I genuinely liked that, but......".
    Think the man needs to Google the word, 'Genuine'.
    Makes the late Bob Monkhouse appear sincere.
  • Any shirt from Next, that no amount of ironing will ever flatten. What on earth do they do to them?
  • The price of large cod and chips.
  • £6.50 here in Collier Row.
  • Labels and spare buttons on shirts. The phrases "new and improved" and "made to a traditional recepie". One more " massive savings".

So you would rather have to ferret around a drapers shop to find a matching spare button, or throw away the shirt and buy a new one than have the "inconvenience" of a spare button?

How odd...

:smile:
  • People who say "funny enough" instead of "funnily enough".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!