Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Stig said:

'National blah de blah days' that try to pretend that they are a natural and integral part of out culture, but are just methods used to try and get people to do things that they wouldn't want to do of their own accord. Mainly to hand money over to the shysters that proclaim these sham-happenings. The truth is that these days are the same as any other days. Just days; Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and so on - not anything special and certainly nothing worthy of a national nomenclature. There's never any need to get involved in these shenanigans, and of course most people don't. They couldn't possibly do so. Just look at this list, there are at least 91 of these "national days" this month. I say at least because I see that the "Head brewer of the Brentwood Brewery tells you to sink a few beers day" isn't there. If such a prestigious festival as this isn't listed, who knows what other minor marketing scams heralded as 'national days' have snuck away under the radar. And as if that isn't enough, there are 16, yes sixteen, so-called monthly observations for this month alone. Including Aquarium Month (presumably set up by Pauli to mark his day out in the big city), National Accordion Awareness Month, highlighting the plight of Britain's neglected portable keyboard instruments and Country Cooking Month which I'm sure has references to a bit of Turkey in cooked in Greece me old China. It's all a load of shit. So if some joker tells you that you should be doing something for "National National Days Day", I suggest that you clout them one and remind them that it's "National Smack In The Mouth Month". They deserve it.

Bad nights sleep Stig?
  • Greenie said:

Stig said:

'National blah de blah days' that try to pretend that they are a natural and integral part of out culture, but are just methods used to try and get people to do things that they wouldn't want to do of their own accord. Mainly to hand money over to the shysters that proclaim these sham-happenings. The truth is that these days are the same as any other days. Just days; Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and so on - not anything special and certainly nothing worthy of a national nomenclature. There's never any need to get involved in these shenanigans, and of course most people don't. They couldn't possibly do so. Just look at this list, there are at least 91 of these "national days" this month. I say at least because I see that the "Head brewer of the Brentwood Brewery tells you to sink a few beers day" isn't there. If such a prestigious festival as this isn't listed, who knows what other minor marketing scams heralded as 'national days' have snuck away under the radar. And as if that isn't enough, there are 16, yes sixteen, so-called monthly observations for this month alone. Including Aquarium Month (presumably set up by Pauli to mark his day out in the big city), National Accordion Awareness Month, highlighting the plight of Britain's neglected portable keyboard instruments and Country Cooking Month which I'm sure has references to a bit of Turkey in cooked in Greece me old China. It's all a load of shit. So if some joker tells you that you should be doing something for "National National Days Day", I suggest that you clout them one and remind them that it's "National Smack In The Mouth Month". They deserve it.

Bad nights sleep Stig?
    Well it is Bad Sleep Awareness Month
    He probably knew.
  • Tiredness and lack of hours in a day, let alone night
  • Stig said:

I see it's National Fudge Day according to that list.
  • Spoilers :wink:
  • People who want the world put on hold as they can't be bothered to keep up to date with things....
  • The woman who does the sport bits on BBC Breakfast, her delivery is so unnatural I cannot bear listening to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Timehop posts on Facebook.

If I wasn't interested in what you had for dinner 5 years ago why in the flipping hell will I be interested now!?

What about dinner spoilers (what they're having tomorrow)?
  • PL54 said:

Elderly relatives who insist on sitting in the front of the car even though their diminutive size means everyone else is crushed in the back.

You got through 4 world wars, had TB 6 times, survived the plague and the great fire of London but sitting in the back of a car makes you pass out.

Get a grip.

That grip you mention

You mean nan's vice-like grip on her handbag don't you?
  • Profile pictures at work. Can't recognise half the staff on the Intranet because they used an overly photoshopped, overly filtered professional photo. I just uploaded a photo of Lawrie Wilson and no one's noticed.
  • Insurance companies (the RAC as it happens) who end up reducing your premium when you add commuting to your vehicle use and also reducing it further by saying you no longer keep it in a locked garage but on your driveway. Really?
  • Insurance companies (the RAC as it happens) who end up reducing your premium when you add commuting to your vehicle use and also reducing it further by saying you no longer keep it in a locked garage but on your driveway. Really?

Weird, I grant you but is it really annoying? Our kid was delighted the other day when he phoned up to add a business user clause because he has a part time delivery job and the premiums went down.
  • I think insurance companies give you a quote and if you accept it fine, if not they will haggle with you. My McAfee cover for one computer went down last year by £10 when I said I wanted to add a laptop. This year I said I did not want automatic renewal, (a lot of companies do this) and when I phoned for a price, they reduced it by another £15 from last year, not complaining, just do not understand it. Sorry should be on thread, "things that confuse you"
  • edited June 2015
    Stig said:

Insurance companies (the RAC as it happens) who end up reducing your premium when you add commuting to your vehicle use and also reducing it further by saying you no longer keep it in a locked garage but on your driveway. Really?

Weird, I grant you but is it really annoying? Our kid was delighted the other day when he phoned up to add a business user clause because he has a part time delivery job and the premiums went down.
    Stig said:

Insurance companies (the RAC as it happens) who end up reducing your premium when you add commuting to your vehicle use and also reducing it further by saying you no longer keep it in a locked garage but on your driveway. Really?

Yes, it is the illogicality of it that I annoying Stigster.
    It takes ages to fiddle around with all the variables trying to second guess what the companies think is important that day.
    A clear set of guidelines would help. How on earth can saying you will take the car commuting (which I wont) in traffic at the busiest times of the day be cheaper than not commuting?
    A 1,000 mile per annum limit on one of my classic motorbikes is the same as unlimited mileage, but you have to plough through to find that out. Dropping the voluntary to £100 made no difference to my premiums this time.
    Why do they ask how much the car is worth when they know the book price and will only pay on their valuation?
    Why do we have to send them proof of NCD when they all have access to the Insurers database. Get it off there yourself you lazy sods.
    Grrrrrr, and breathe.
  • I like the question do you have a Thatcham cat 1 alarm yes I do quote stays the same as before information supplied , next day do you have a Thatcham cat 1 alarm no unfortunately I don't does that matter quote no says the telephone sales team remains the same ,

The one with the alarm 76 quid dearer yet a monkey cheaper to buy from forecourt

2 cars the same yr same engine size same door quantity same driver same house same colour same cost give or take a monkey , 1 with said alarm 1 without and one cheaper to.insure yet is less secure as a piece of property
  • Sponsored links:

• Being annoyed by the most random things that have no impact on my life is really starting to annoy me.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Yes, it is the illogicality of it that I annoying Stigster.
    It takes ages to fiddle around with all the variables trying to second guess what the companies think is important that day.
    A clear set of guidelines would help. How on earth can saying you will take the car commuting (which I wont) in traffic at the busiest times of the day be cheaper than not commuting?
    A 1,000 mile per annum limit on one of my classic motorbikes is the same as unlimited mileage, but you have to plough through to find that out. Dropping the voluntary to £100 made no difference to my premiums this time.
    Why do they ask how much the car is worth when they know the book price and will only pay on their valuation?
    Why do we have to send them proof of NCD when they all have access to the Insurers database. Get it off there yourself you lazy sods.
    Grrrrrr, and breathe.
    Fantastic answer!
  • ross1 said:

I think insurance companies give you a quote and if you accept it fine, if not they will haggle with you. My McAfee cover for one computer went down last year by £10 when I said I wanted to add a laptop. This year I said I did not want automatic renewal, (a lot of companies do this) and when I phoned for a price, they reduced it by another £15 from last year, not complaining, just do not understand it. Sorry should be on thread, "things that confuse you"

If I tell you that paying for anti-virus is a waste of time, can i have that £15?
  • Excuse the rant, but it needs to be done...
    A bit specific and hardly any of you will even be aware of these people, but a DJ pairing on Dubai92 radio station - "Harry and Pricey". Also known in our house as "Harry and Lloyd" because if ever there were two people who fit the description of "Dumb and Dumber" better than these two vacant morons, I have yet to encounter them.

This grown man and grown woman witter on endlessly about banal gossip. Not like any of the various TV or radio presenters who discuss banal gossip on any TV or radio shows you may be aware of - that would be sufferable, but like a pair of bitchy 12 year old airhead girls discussing their mutual friend's choice of hair product like anyone gives a shit.

Imagine listening to this sort of thing:
    'And it's, like, "Oh my God!" and she's, like, "Wow!" and that's, like, "incredible!" and "Oh my God! Like, Taylor Swift is, like, SO cool right now and, like, that's SO awesome and, like, hilarious! And I, like, just LOVE Pharrell and that's, like, SO true!'
    All delivered in that teeth grindingly irritating version of the australian accent that inserts the questioning inflection on the end of every sentence (or part of a sentence). Then, every 10-15 minutes or so, they MIGHT play a song.

This is pretty much their show in a nutshell. Every day coming home from work I try to ignore their unrelenting flow of utter bollocks and try to just listen to the tunes and the newsreader who sounds like a computer. I usually crack and switch over to the dull talk show. Anything is better than suffering this pair of fucking retards.

And....breathe
  • edited June 2015
    ....breathing unsuccessful so what about this tax con mentioned further up this thread?
    Insurance starts on the day you want it to, the MOT starts on the day you want it to, so why the hell cant tax start on the day you want it to?
    What possible explanation can there be to justify doing it monthly?
    No tax disc, all computerised - what, the DVLA computers only work on a monthly basis?
    Arses the lot of em.
    #adopts lotus position....
  • Excuse the rant, but it needs to be done...
    A bit specific and hardly any of you will even be aware of these people, but a DJ pairing on Dubai92 radio station - "Harry and Pricey". Also known in our house as "Harry and Lloyd" because if ever there were two people who fit the description of "Dumb and Dumber" better than these two vacant morons, I have yet to encounter them.

This grown man and grown woman witter on endlessly about banal gossip. Not like any of the various TV or radio presenters who discuss banal gossip on any TV or radio shows you may be aware of - that would be sufferable, but like a pair of bitchy 12 year old airhead girls discussing their mutual friend's choice of hair product like anyone gives a shit.

'And it's, like, "Oh my God!" and she's, like, "Wow!" and that's, like, "incredible!" and "Oh my God! Like, Taylor Swift is, like, SO cool right now and, like, that's SO awesome and, like, hilarious! And I, like, just LOVE Pharrell and that's, like, SO true!'
    All delivered in that teeth grindingly irritating version of the australian accent that inserts the questioning inflection on the end of every sentence (or part of a sentence). Then, every 10-15 minutes or so, they MIGHT play a song.

This is pretty much their show in a nutshell. Every day coming home from work I try to ignore their unrelenting flow of utter bollocks and try to just listen to the tunes and the newsreader who sounds like a computer. I usually crack and switch over to the dull talk show. Anything is better than suffering this pair of fucking retards.

And....breathe

@lordromford do you think that this is what Dubai and places that cater for expats think we want to hear? I think that has a lot to do with it. They have a ridiculous opinion through market research and other stupid things that advertising companies have told them people want.

I have never been to Dubai but been to places like Malaysia and they think they have an idea of what they can do to cater to the British tourist. I appreciate it's not the same as living in a country, but I reckon that radio show is them thinking, Brits read Daily Mail online, let's try and produce a radio version of it.
  • You know what @cabbles, to an extent you're right I think - at least up to a point - but I don't think that's really what annoys me. The thing is, this particular show is the only one that really boils my piss. The breakfast show is ok - silly but a bit fun, if you know what I mean - and every other DJ seems to just get on with it. It's just these two fucktards that ruin it for me!
    I would seriously say that they make the Daily Mail look good - and I do not say that lightly! :angry:
  • cabbles said:

Excuse the rant, but it needs to be done...

And....breathe

@lordromford do you think that this is what Dubai and places that cater for expats think we want to hear? I think that has a lot to do with it. They have a ridiculous opinion through market research and other stupid things that advertising companies have told them people want.

I have never been to Dubai but been to places like Malaysia and they think they have an idea of what they can do to cater to the British tourist. I appreciate it's not the same as living in a country, but I reckon that radio show is them thinking, Brits read Daily Mail online, let's try and produce a radio version of it.
    Spot on - Kiss FM over here is the same. The only decent show is the oldies one on a Sunday morning, the rest is bland pop or dreadful dance music. The English morning DJ is a Dave Doubledecks type from Manchester and then he has his pal "Cockney" Bob phoning in to talk about the football on a Friday and Monday, a West Ham fan who doesn't even appear to understand the rules of the game...

Maybe it is assessed that a frequent road user is actually less likely to have an accident of their making as opposed to a 'Sunday driver'. I can't think of an explanation to the car on the driveway as opposed to a garage though!

Either way insurance companies are robbing b@stards.
  • There's NO excuse for mobile phone use whilst driving.

In @tezza53's words

C..TS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!