Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Detox and anybody using the word.
  • Dazzler21 said:

There's NO excuse for mobile phone use whilst driving.

Unless you're pissed.
    And on a wank line
  • Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Unless you're pissed.
    And on a wank line
    whilst watching womens world cup.
  • You know what @cabbles, to an extent you're right I think - at least up to a point - but I don't think that's really what annoys me. The thing is, this particular show is the only one that really boils my piss. The breakfast show is ok - silly but a bit fun, if you know what I mean - and every other DJ seems to just get on with it. It's just these two fucktards that ruin it for me!
    I would seriously say that they make the Daily Mail look good - and I do not say that lightly! :angry:

Whilst I sympathise with your displeasure at two obvious morons, isn't there another channel you could listen to instead? Sounds a bit like you get some sort of masochistic kick out of it if you carry on tuning in to an obvious wank-fest.
  • MrOneLung said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Unless you're pissed.
    And on a wank line
    whilst watching womens world cup.
    Now you're getting silly, I cant get the BEEB in my Corsa
  • You know what @cabbles, to an extent you're right I think - at least up to a point - but I don't think that's really what annoys me. The thing is, this particular show is the only one that really boils my piss. The breakfast show is ok - silly but a bit fun, if you know what I mean - and every other DJ seems to just get on with it. It's just these two fucktards that ruin it for me!
    I would seriously say that they make the Daily Mail look good - and I do not say that lightly! :angry:

Whilst I sympathise with your displeasure at two obvious morons, isn't there another channel you could listen to instead? Sounds a bit like you get some sort of masochistic kick out of it if you carry on tuning in to an obvious wank-fest.
    I would imagine it's the only English language radio station available out there BK?

I either listen to CDs or the Portuguese Language M80 (oldies from, yep you guessed it, the 80s) when I'm in the car.
  • I thought you could get all sorts on t'internet. You always hear of people listening to (e.g.) Radio 2 from all sorts of places around the world.
  • I am old fashioned BK, I wouldn't know how to get internet in the car and I don't have a phone that can do that either... :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

Of course, you're right that there are other channels, but they're generally either in Arabic or are talk radio which is invariably discussing some book I've no intention of reading. Also, on some days the "unburdened-by-thought twins" are less idiotic than on others.
    I'd just like to drive home, listen to a few songs and the news, then go indoors. Pretty much like you're able to do on a daily basis without having your ears invaded by these ghastly, cretinous imbeciles.
    It's a curse of living abroad and the positives of this life outweigh the negatives, but the fact that these two are earning money, essentially for being stupid and loud, is pretty annoying. Hence the post on this thread! :smile:

Of course, you're right that there are other channels, but they're generally either in Arabic or are talk radio which is invariably discussing some book I've no intention of reading. Also, on some days the "unburdened-by-thought twins" are less idiotic than on others.
    I'd just like to drive home, listen to a few songs and the news, then go indoors. Pretty much like you're able to do on a daily basis without having your ears invaded by these ghastly, cretinous imbeciles.
    It's a curse of living abroad and the positives of this life outweigh the negatives, but the fact that these two are earning money, essentially for being stupid and loud, is pretty annoying. Hence the post on this thread! :smile:
    I bet you wished you could listen to Johnny Vaughan for a couple of hours
  • Cashin' ahhrt with the wowld's fayvritt on-line spawrts be''in kumperneeey.

Every time I watch any sort of sport up pops Ray F***in' Winstone. Getting a tad fed up with him now!

Actually, all adverts for betting companies. That's all you see on the sports channels, it's as if no one can enjoy sport for it's own sake.
  • Post of the week contender from cabbles there!
  • Homes under the hammer.

This program works like a computer virus for tvs. The virus first entered my set in May 2003. It has subsequently wormed its way into more and more channels and is now screened morning, noon and night. According to Wiki there are now in excess of 800 episodes and according to my TV scheduler there is a choice of 166 showings of various episodes, at various times, on various channels, for my perusal in the immediate future.

I hate the twee presentation, the music, the arrogant estate agents, the punters, the god forsaken properties and the repetition of story - man buys house, does it up and makes a profit (n.b. normally would be better off spending his time working in an office in London).

The thing I most hate is being sucked in by it. I was once forced to watch an entire program simply because Dale Stephens mum and dad did a property up that he had bought. My very soul is being drained out bit by bit. Furthermore I have just spent valuable time researching this - I am beginning to lose it big time.

I could go on, but I think it best that I lie down in a darkened room for a bit.
  • Those countdown timers that spring up when you are installing or uploading something on your computer - they never f**king work.

"Estimated time remaining 40 secs... 42 secs... 50 secs... 35 secs... 39 secs... 42 secs... 29 secs... 29 secs... 29 secs... 29 secs... 31 secs...". You get the picture.

Why bother with them at all when they never, ever work?

Likewise the "windows is searching for a solution to the problem" when your computer crashes or freezes - I have never actually seen it find a f**king solution to the problem... EVER!

I would imagine it's the only English language radio station available out there BK?

I either listen to CDs or the Portuguese Language M80 (oldies from, yep you guessed it, the 80s) when I'm in the car.
    Gotta be better than the BBC though
  • edited June 2015
    insulting pay rises at work that work out at £1 per week, then people turn around and say at least you got a pay rise?

It's just insulting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Those countdown timers that spring up when you are installing or uploading something on your computer - they never f**king work.

"Estimated time remaining 40 secs... 42 secs... 50 secs... 35 secs... 39 secs... 42 secs... 29 secs... 29 secs... 29 secs... 29 secs... 31 secs...". You get the picture.

I think South Eastern Trains use similar technology on their platform display boards. Nothing delights me as much as standing at St Johns, waiting for the 8.20 service to Cannon Street, it's 8.24 and apparently my train is running "On Time". Either that or it just continues to display "1 minute" for about 7 minutes before changing to the universally dreaded "Delayed".
  • MrLargo said:

Those countdown timers that spring up when you are installing or uploading something on your computer - they never f**king work.

I think South Eastern Trains use similar technology on their platform display boards. Nothing delights me as much as standing at St Johns, waiting for the 8.20 service to Cannon Street, it's 8.24 and apparently my train is running "On Time". Either that or it just continues to display "1 minute" for about 7 minutes before changing to the universally dreaded "Delayed".
    Reminds me of those recorded announcements on the Tube: "There is a good service running on the [insert any] line today". You just know all the other lines will be ****ed!
  • MrLargo said:

Those countdown timers that spring up when you are installing or uploading something on your computer - they never f**king work.

Reminds me of those recorded announcements on the Tube: "There is a good service running on the [insert any] line today". You just know all the other lines will be ****ed!
    Or when you are stood on the platform and it says "arrived". Invisible train is it?
  • Dazzler21 said:

insulting pay rises at work that work out at £1 per week, then people turn around and say at least you got a pay rise?

It's just insulting.

Yeah, but at least you got a pay rise
  • Carter said:

English people who say 'ass' instead of 'arse'

And English people who answer "how are you?" with "I'm good".
  • Carter said:

English people who say 'ass' instead of 'arse'

And English people who answer "how are you?" with "I'm good".
    What would you prefer?
  • An adjective would be appropriate, not an adverb.

"I'm doing well" makes sense grammatically but "I'm well" doesn't. You wouldn't say "I'm happily".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!