Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    Worth revisiting that game. 

I like to think we were instrumental in propelling Newcastle to great heights.   After all they sacked Ossie Ardiles within weeks and then employed Kevin Keegan to drive them on to success in the Premier league. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCBkdIyKPP8
    Thanks for posting.

2 immediate thoughts.

1)How empty those terraces were. Guess the myth of 50000 geordies turning up every week is nonsense.

2) As Curbs always says, what a wonderful team of great professionals we had at that time. We owe that team a lot for keeping the club alive during difficult times. 
    I think we all forget how low attendances had dropped by the 80s and didn't start to recover until the all-seater era.

Look at almost any season during the 80s and Man Utd topped the attendance figures with numbers in the low 40k. Liverpool were lucky to average much above 32k, Arsenal and Tottenham averaged in the mid 20s. Two of the most successful teams of the 80s, Villa and Everton, averaged around the 20k mark most seasons. The season both Luton and Notts County were in the top flight they both averaged less than we're getting whilst at the bottom of the 3rd tier.
    We’d have been below 6k as well I reckon …
    early eighties 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Isn't this the same mob that RD rejected outright?
    Doubt it.

English only

This picture is the key thing for me.

Where as most of the top rich owners are singular its just there money.

But this Newcastle money is public investment fund, how much is actually available to spend? How much do they need to return? How quick will they need to return it? What happens if they dont return it?

To many questions and Newcastle fans getting overly carried away before any money has even been spent
  • Options
    Surprised more hasn’t be made of the fact this mob were in for us and Roland ruined it. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Surprised more hasn’t be made of the fact this mob were in for us and Roland ruined it. 
    Still got the Charlton Tea Towel on his head.
  • Options
    Being linked with James Tarkowski - Got to start somewhere
  • Options
    The new owners said yesterday they expect to win the Prem in 5-10 years, hardly throwing a marker down is it.
  • Options
    The new owners said yesterday they expect to win the Prem in 5-10 years, hardly throwing a marker down is it.
    It is considering Newcastle haven’t won a major trophy in about 50 odd years. 

No matter how much money you throw at something, it will always take a while before you can properly overthrow the established clubs at the top.
  • Options
    I see Amanda Stavelys grinning chops all over the papers,where does she fit into this and how much has she invested,or is she just hanging on to some coat tails.
    Sky Sports said last week she owns 10% of PIF.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I see Amanda Stavelys grinning chops all over the papers,where does she fit into this and how much has she invested,or is she just hanging on to some coat tails.
    Think I read somewhere that she will have a 10% stake in the club 
    That means she has shelled out 30m,not too convinced about that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I like to think we were instrumental in propelling Newcastle to great heights.   After all they sacked Ossie Ardiles within weeks and then employed Kevin Keegan to drive them on to success in the Premier league. 

Thanks for posting.

2 immediate thoughts.

1)How empty those terraces were. Guess the myth of 50000 geordies turning up every week is nonsense.

2) As Curbs always says, what a wonderful team of great professionals we had at that time. We owe that team a lot for keeping the club alive during difficult times. 
    I think we all forget how low attendances had dropped by the 80s and didn't start to recover until the all-seater era.

Look at almost any season during the 80s and Man Utd topped the attendance figures with numbers in the low 40k. Liverpool were lucky to average much above 32k, Arsenal and Tottenham averaged in the mid 20s. Two of the most successful teams of the 80s, Villa and Everton, averaged around the 20k mark most seasons. The season both Luton and Notts County were in the top flight they both averaged less than we're getting whilst at the bottom of the 3rd tier.
    We’d have been below 6k as well I reckon …
    early eighties 
    First season back in the top flight, 86/87, we averaged a respectable 9.5k at Selhurst
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Why not? Read in a few places that she's apparently worth over 100m
  • Options
    Newcastle will probably now try and sign mbappe for a record transfer

• Options
    edited October 2021
    2 good articles by Ian Herbert in yesterday and today's daily mail (I don't buy it, honest, was at my Dad's for acouple of days).
    Asking questions regarding the Rainbow Laces day and what the Newcastle LGBTQ say regarding the terrible Human Rights record. Seems "even a Newcastle LGBTQ group was taking a positive position on the Saudis yesterday. The United with Pride group spoke of Newcastle's "potential to be a positive influence to improve the LGBTQ community in Saudi Arabia"."
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    Unbelievable, surely they can’t even believe that themselves?
  • Options
    More likely that the Saudis are looking to be a negative influence against LGBTQ in Newcastle.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    It is considering Newcastle haven’t won a major trophy in about 50 odd years. 

No matter how much money you throw at something, it will always take a while before you can properly overthrow the established clubs at the top.
    Jack Walker and Blackburn did it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Of course it doesn't.  It could be that she got her 10% for brokering the deal in shares rather than cash.
  • Options
    Top of 4th column. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I see that the Premier League clubs have complained about the Saudi takeover. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58855831

Suddenly they've acquired a collective conscience? Funny that.
    Id love to know how the Super League teams reacted. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

"Concerns also arose as to why they were not kept informed after the surprise news emerged on Wednesday. Additionally, there are worries as to how Saudi Arabian owners will reflect on the league itself."

I would bet my life that most clubs couldn't give a shit about the owners, and everything about them impacting the top 4 in a few years.
  • Options
    Pre match entertainment could be interesting.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Unbelievable 😂
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Can someone remind me what Amanda Stavely has to do with us please? I know she's been mentioned a few times in past
    Isnt she the broker who introduced the Saudis to Newcastle and I presume us?
    The trouble was when she was introduced to Meire, Stavely had one eye looking at Meire and the other looking out the window towards C Palace.
  • Options

Superbly supported team eh  ?

Have a look at the attendance that day......15,600.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    “You talk about these rights, and those rights, but this is our life…”

There’s a good whoosh…but I think it’s actually just breathtaking ignorance.