Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle

Comments

• Options
    Keys is a nugget but let’s face it the barcodes are never ever happy. Trouble is they think they’re a lot bigger than they actually are just because every man, woman and child in Newcastle has a jersey.

Don’t forget they were the first club (back in the eighties) to sing “sack the board”
  • Options
    Owners certainly need to be reigned in a bit at the moment...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46853221
  • Options

Clusterfuck of media personalities supporting Ashley, despite damning evidence that he is rinsing the club. Seems legit.

Sports Direct have exclusive rights to sell Rio's clothing brand 'FIVE'.
  • Options
    Isn't this the same mob that RD rejected outright?
  • Options
    An investment group led by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), and also comprising PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media (the “Investment Group”), has completed the acquisition of 100% of Newcastle United Limited and Newcastle United Football Club Limited (“Newcastle United” or the “Club”) from St. James Holdings Limited.
    https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/pif-pcp-capital-partners-and-rb-sports-media-acquire-newcastle-united-football-club/
  • Options
    “We’re fucking richhh”
  • Options
    Just need to wait for the Range Rovers and Bitches statement now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashley now has money to invest in another club, I’m just saying 😂
  • Options
    Steve Bruce to be sacked in 5.....4....3...
  • Options
    Approved on the basis that it’s not state funded so I can only assume the Premier League will be retrospectively looking into Man City’s ownership and West Ham’s stadium? 
    Good point on West Ham....Stadium is state funded
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Alan Shearer: "Boot out the clubs that tried to break away from the league!"

Also Alan Shearer: "Saudi Arabia has allowed us to dream again!"

What's wrong with what he said?
    Do Newcastle want to break away from The Premier League?
  • Options
    Newcastle can’t expect to go and buy the worlds best straight away though. Would you sign for Newcastle or Man City?

they need to improve, get to mid table, have cup runs, etc then start attracting star players.
  • Options
    Newcastle can’t expect to go and buy the worlds best straight away though. Would you sign for Newcastle or Man City?

they need to improve, get to mid table, have cup runs, etc then start attracting star players.
    Man City took a while themselves though - Finished 10th the year that they got their takeover and went straight out of both the FA Cup | League Cup - Next two years they only managed 5th and then 3rd
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Isn't this the same mob that RD rejected outright?
    Doubt it.

English only

• Sponsored links:

• Options

LOL. I think you’re seriously underestimating how greedy some players are.
  • Options
    The wealth of the owners doesn't necessarily mean that much though. Southampton for example are still a "selling" clubs when it comes to bigger PL clubs, while Liverpool aren't even in the top 10 rich owners list
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Approved on the basis that it’s not state funded so I can only assume the Premier League will be retrospectively looking into Man City’s ownership and West Ham’s stadium? 
    Good point on West Ham....Stadium is state funded
    Exactly my point - cc @PragueAddick
  • Options
    Splashing the cash already on targeted advertising
  • Options

I think a lot of players will sign for who offers them the best terms.
  • Options
    Shaun Wright-Phillips and Wayne Bridge are calling their agents as we speak 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Newcastle are getting a fair bit of stick, but Arsenal seem to get away with sportswashing for some reason. Emirates airline are owned by a repressive state with a poor human rights record. Same as Etihad. 

And if our Govt can sell arms to Saudi, it seems a funny time to get sniffy about who's buying a football team.
    I didn't vote for this government, am regularly disgusted by this government and don't get to approve the decisions of this government. So why would this be a funny time to get 'sniffy', as you put it? If it was directed at the government - who did initially block the move, albeit for non-human rights abuse reasons, then it would make sense. However, if it is directed at those of us who are disgusted by the presence of the Saudi regime and the sports-washing they are attempting to do, then I entirely object to your post and accuse you, sir, of being lazy and dismissive - and falling into a predicable state of whataboutery.