Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

The whole an Everton “fan” got slashed it was Everton lads and millwall lads fighting, most know the risks involved, different to the Liverpool fan that was attached by Roma ultras IMO

Cos it's totally normal for people to whip out a knife at football.

You seemed to have a totally different opinion when it was young black lads doing the stabbing. Odd.
    No I think it’s disgusting behaviour and obviously unwritten rules with rucking with firms is no weapons etc but if you are going to attack rival hooligans and have a roll around - you are going to end up with an injury.
  • Options
    I had a £1 on a 3-2 win at 45/1! Happy days!
    Subsequently had a £5 on Wimbledon to win at 11/1 get in!
  • Options

The atmosphere I experienced tonight, nothing like that.
    If my dad had took me to the valley as a kid, I’d have got bored and stopped going.
    If my dad had took me to selhurst I’d have been embarrassed and stopped going.

Thank god for Millwall

Well we are so glad u didn't,fucking glory boy...that's what it seems,don't hear jack shit when ya have an off day...u deserve each other....
  • Options
    Disgusting, cowardly act, but these instances (the knife) do occur ocassionally, though much less than in bygone years thankfully.

And as most know, the scousers and others had a big reputation for it previously. In fact some of the animosity of this fixture probably leads back to an infamous fixture at Goodson in the 80s where 12 Millwall supporters were stabbed - that sounds shocking in this day and age but was not quite so remarkable back then.

Like others have said though, Everton were there with a purpose and should take an equal amount of any blame from the press and joe bloggs as far as the actual general crowd trouble goes, but I suspect that won’t be the case.

Hopefully the scumbag slasher is punished heavily and does some serious time. I imagine all involved will be punished severely to be honest. Was a police dream standing there filming it all.

The stabbing aside it was actually refreshing (not to be interpreted as good) to see two groups do what they intended to do, as oppose to the pathetic posturing behind the police that happens at most football games these days.

• Options
    I was saying it’s refreshing compared to the usual antics of pretending you want to do all of the above, which have all the same concequences you mentioned anyway.

As a passer by I’d rather walk past two groups having a punch up, than walk past the usual scene of a 100 numpties behind police lines pretending they want to fight, but instead just posturing, rushing at the police and throwing things - far more dangerous to innocents.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I was saying it’s refreshing compared to the usual antics of pretending you want to do all of the above, which have all the same concequences you mentioned anyway.

As a passer by I’d rather walk past two groups having a punch up, than walk past the usual scene of a 100 numpties behind police lines pretending they want to fight, but instead just posturing, rushing at the police and throwing things - far more dangerous to innocents.

So just so i am clear, you would rather your (not literal "your") 80 year old grandparents were sat inside their flat seeing it unfold outside their windows or your missus and young children would walk past 2 groups of grown adults fighting in public in the street in the middle of the day than standing there (equally dimwittedly) shouting and throwing things?
  • Options
    Yes, you could easily avoid being in that walled area if you didn’t want to be. Walk the other way, hold back, cross the road etc. Everyone in the clip was there for a reason and anyone sensible would be giving it a wide berth. I know there is always an unfortunate exception.

But when idiots are lobbing pint glasses, bottles and coins etc indiscrimanently through the air, then yes I know what situation I’d rather be around.

Whats even more moronic is when you have absolute tosspots following England who throw bottles etc in the air for “fun”.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Just been watching the highlights...was it "Rent a Crowd" day again...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well at least things have improved, I remember going to Millwall Vs Everton at the old Den in the 80’s and it was the whole of the home fans singing this!
    That was the 80's revisited:
    pre match fight, ugly faces, mandatory wanker signs, brave police horses, macho poses, peaky blinders, racist chants, 8 hours of drinking, obscene language, monsoon weather, more ugly faces, muddy pitches, people standing, sarf London and Scouse blending into Neanderthal grunts, brave police dogs, even more ugly faces, soaked to the skin, piss where you stand, brave police men and women, children held in arms while dad swears in harmony, quasimodo dopelgangers, satan's playground, Fagin's gang and borstal's finest.

Welcome to Millwall's Dystopian past, present and future.
  • Options
    You’re right, it shouldn’t happen full stop, but it does.

But having walked out the new den the time the walkway was out and both them and ours were whizzing things through the air, with normal fans on both sides present, but with no intention of getting close enough to each other to get hurt themselves, it was refreshing for me that these ones did.

I understand you don’t get that/agree with the point, which is fair enough. Apologies for derailing.
  • Options

You’re right, it shouldn’t happen full stop, but it does.

But having walked out the new den the time the walkway was out and both them and ours were whizzing things through the air, with normal fans on both sides present, but with no intention of getting close enough to each other to get hurt themselves, it was refreshing for me that these ones did.

I understand you don’t get that/agree with the point, which is fair enough. Apologies for derailing.

No harm in civily disagreeing mate.
  • Options

The atmosphere I experienced tonight, nothing like that.
    If my dad had took me to the valley as a kid, I’d have got bored and stopped going.
    If my dad had took me to selhurst I’d have been embarrassed and stopped going.

Thank god for Millwall

Thought you were a bit more intelligent than the load of bollocks you just wrote.
  • Options
    Carter said:

If the FA wish to retain any credibility in their much vaunted campaign against racism in football they have to punish Millwall very severely for those “paki” chants. It will be a very sad day for British football if they do not take action.

They will do nothing
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47019409
  • Options

Carter said:

If the FA wish to retain any credibility in their much vaunted campaign against racism in football they have to punish Millwall very severely for those “paki” chants. It will be a very sad day for British football if they do not take action.

They will do nothing
    Based on the video they have a load of people they need to ban for life then
  • Options

A bit like that organised stuff you get in the likes of Russia and Ukraine...though they tend to find a wooded area or a park to thrash things out.
  • Options

Carter said:

They will do nothing
    They will still do nothing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, probably at Her Majesty’s pleasure by the time he’s 16. Will be dragging his knuckles there.
    Admirable parenting there too :rage:
  • Options
    Family club of the year
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

When did you last have a cup run?? God we’re just little old smallwall
    #Smallwall

How about when we actually won the FA Cup? Ever done that before?
    They win their cup final on a regular basis, but haven’t won the FA Cup.
  • Options
    The old bag in the film, presumably the kid’s grandmother, now this video is out in the open will give Millwall football club a good chance to uphold this statement they’ve put out about racism

It was following the chants about scousers and Pakistanis. They said that anyone found guilty of racism will receive bans. Obviously in this case they can’t ban that little kid, as he’s obviously been brainwashed, but that old dog is surely recognisable and can be banned.

• Options

I have Millwall in the family and spent a fair amount of my formative years surrounded by Millwall fans and drinking in Millwall pubs....

The ones I know have all been decent - they play up to the stereotype but I can have a laugh with them. However, scratch not far beneath the surface and there is an element of "pride by association" with the genuine cnuts that represent a significant minority (small majority?) of their support.

I'd like to think that the ones I know would condemn knife attacks, racist chanting and the widespread and regular disruption their Bermondsey / Welling chavs create. The problem is that a significant minority (small majority?) of Millwall fans in general revel in this stuff.

If we had a fanbase like the spanners the Belgians would have been run out of town long ago.
  • Options

I have Millwall in the family and spent a fair amount of my formative years surrounded by Millwall fans and drinking in Millwall pubs....

The ones I know have all been decent - they play up to the stereotype but I can have a laugh with them. However, scratch not far beneath the surface and there is an element of "pride by association" with the genuine cnuts that represent a significant minority (small majority?) of their support.

I'd like to think that the ones I know would condemn knife attacks, racist chanting and the widespread and regular disruption their Bermondsey / Welling chavs create. The problem is that a significant minority (small majority?) of Millwall fans in general revel in this stuff.

If we had a fanbase like the spanners the Belgians would have been run out of town long ago.
    But would they have been that bothered? For any number of reasons, they are less politicised and less pro-active than Charlton fans (thank god).
  • Options

But would they have been that bothered? For any number of reasons, they are less politicised and less pro-active than Charlton fans (thank god).
    Maybe so, we'll never know.

Throwing bricks rather than pigs and balloons may have had more effect.