Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

I have Millwall in the family and spent a fair amount of my formative years surrounded by Millwall fans and drinking in Millwall pubs....

The ones I know have all been decent - they play up to the stereotype but I can have a laugh with them. However, scratch not far beneath the surface and there is an element of "pride by association" with the genuine cnuts that represent a significant minority (small majority?) of their support.

I'd like to think that the ones I know would condemn knife attacks, racist chanting and the widespread and regular disruption their Bermondsey / Welling chavs create. The problem is that a significant minority (small majority?) of Millwall fans in general revel in this stuff.

If we had a fanbase like the spanners the Belgians would have been run out of town long ago.
    But would they have been that bothered? For any number of reasons, they are less politicised and less pro-active than Charlton fans (thank god).
    Maybe so, we'll never know.

Throwing bricks rather than pigs and balloons may have had more effect.
    Stupid comment.
  • Options

I have Millwall in the family and spent a fair amount of my formative years surrounded by Millwall fans and drinking in Millwall pubs....

The ones I know have all been decent - they play up to the stereotype but I can have a laugh with them. However, scratch not far beneath the surface and there is an element of "pride by association" with the genuine cnuts that represent a significant minority (small majority?) of their support.

I'd like to think that the ones I know would condemn knife attacks, racist chanting and the widespread and regular disruption their Bermondsey / Welling chavs create. The problem is that a significant minority (small majority?) of Millwall fans in general revel in this stuff.

If we had a fanbase like the spanners the Belgians would have been run out of town long ago.
    But would they have been that bothered? For any number of reasons, they are less politicised and less pro-active than Charlton fans (thank god).
    Also as most of them are as thick as shit they would probably think he was doing a splendid job.
  • Options
    Could the cutting still be revenge back in the 70’s(?) when Millwall were attacked at Goodison with knives or has that incident been forgotten?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Could the cutting still be revenge back in the 70’s(?) when Millwall were attacked at Goodison with knives or has that incident been forgotten?

I doubt if any involved yesterday were even born then.
    Just miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii pricks
  • Options
    Was it Everton fans attacked Charlton with knives and hatchets on the way back from an away match (Walsall?) at the motorway services back in the 70’s A few Charlton had stab wounds when they returned to the coach
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Was it Everton fans attacked Charlton with knives and hatchets on the way back from an away match (Walsall?) at the motorway services back in the 70’s A few Charlton had stab wounds when they returned to the coach

That was Coventry fans
  • Options
    Should be said, for balance, that Scousers (red and blue) have a long history of being up there with the worst in the country.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

That was Coventry fans
    Yep. (I thought you would have known)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

That was Coventry fans
    Yep. (I thought you would have known)
    I had a misspent youth.
    Still don't regret it though. 😊
  • Options
    Was 72 in Blackpool when Bubbles put his boot through glass (bus stop?) and cut his leg open?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Was 72 in Blackpool when Bubbles put his boot through glass (bus stop?) and cut his leg open?

I saw bubbles yesterday funny enough he still comes to about 6 or 7 games a season.
    But it wasn't bubbles who broke some glass in Blackpool in 72 although he was there with us.
    I won't say on here who done what in 72 but we are still going to Charlton.
    Next meet up Doncaster away if you fancy it.
    Also as we have now all turned 60 things are quite civil.
  • Options

I've not known one Millwall fan that doesn't revel in it and I have had loads of Millwall work colleagues/friends etc over the years.

Probably not the sort that would take part in the violence, but definitely condone it and love their reputation.

I've never known one to condemn it and really mean it.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Brighton 73
  • Options

I've not known one Millwall fan that doesn't revel in it and I have had loads of Millwall work colleagues/friends etc over the years.

Probably not the sort that would take part in the violence, but definitely condone it and love their reputation.

I've never known one to condemn it and really mean it.
    I used to work with a guy who said that millllllllllllllllllll were famous all over the world.

He said it was not for the football, I shook my head.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Brighton 73
    Grass
  • Options

So why do some Charlton fans have more hatred for the geeky choir boy Nigel’s than the filthy scum from Zampa Road
    Just can’t work it out

We know our place with milllllllllll.
  • Options

So why do some Charlton fans have more hatred for the geeky choir boy Nigel’s than the filthy scum from Zampa Road
    Just can’t work it out

Coming from penge helps
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuckin filth,hope someone has the decency to recognise the parent & report her for her parenting skills at least for that poor kids sake,or is it too late for him now too...disgusting trailer trash...!!!
  • Options

Just can’t work it out

It's an age thing.

Years of not playing them (Millwall) when we were in the Prem.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Brighton 73
    Grass
    OMG that was the day we went to the game on the Leauge Liner train which was a purpose built football special.
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Brighton 73
    Grass
    OMG that was the day we went to the game on the Leauge Liner train which was a purpose built football special.
    It certainly was
  • Options

Just can’t work it out

Agreed. Hardly ever come across a Palace fan, but Millwall are everywhere around our local areas. Only thing I have put it down to is as collective we feel,we can stand up to Palace and it's not always the case with Millwall. We have has some pathetic turn outs at home and away against them
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Just can’t work it out

It's an age thing.

Can't agree with that especially as we only played Palace once in the Premier League years
  • Options
    As has always been said most clubs have a small hooligan element pretending to be normal fans. Whilst Millwall have thousands of normal fans pretending to be hooligans. It's always been the same.

As for yesterday, I dug this out from my old cuttings. It refers to the Millwall away tie in the dim and distant, that started the ill feeling between the clubs.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

LenGlover said:

Just can’t work it out

It's an age thing.

Can't agree with that especially as we only played Palace once in the Premier League years
    Didn't play Millwall at all between 1996 and 2009. Played Palace in 5 league seasons during that time, as well as a League Cup game.
  • Options
    Can you imagine all the shit that would be going on for the replay if last night’s game had ended in a draw?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Just can’t work it out

It's an age thing.

I think it's a where you come from thing and, a bit of age thing - I know lots of really good blokes that support Millwall, few palace fans I have come across in life are generally wankers, and, moving to that shithole, being 2nd class citizens, Noades wanting to merge the teams,and, just today, the commentators banging on about Selhurst being a se London ground, couple of hundred yards you are in Surrey. Millwall and Charlton are the only proper se London football clibs