Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options

Pringle said:

Wow. So many empty seats today.

It was a sell out. But loads stayed under the stand watching it on the screens having a beer and staying dry. How was burton or who ever it was?

#smallwall

Pringle said:

Wow. So many empty seats today.

It was a sell out. But loads stayed under the stand watching it on the screens having a beer and staying dry. How was burton or who ever it was?

#smallwall

What a bunch of softies, worried about a drop of rain. Normally watch games on their sofas at home. Reckon they must have been the ones that go once a season for a big game. Ground looked half empty at one end.
  • Options

The atmosphere I experienced tonight, nothing like that.
    If my dad had took me to the valley as a kid, I’d have got bored and stopped going.
    If my dad had took me to selhurst I’d have been embarrassed and stopped going.

Thank god for Millwall

Yeh let’s cut lads in the face. Thank god for Millwall
    Takes two to tango, and Everton are famous for it.
    County Road cutters?
    Think you will find that there was a large mob of Everton yesterday more than keen.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_Road_Cutters
    Regardless of Everton's history, watching the clip of the slashing incident is one of the snidest, most cowardly things I've seen...climbing over a wall, sneaking up and slashing a bloke involved in a fist fight then slinking back off again...sheer and utter cowardice.

Truly horrible little club (albeit with the odd handful of decent fans) that attract a huge percentage of yellow teethed, feral, thicko, inadequates who gain some sort of misguided validation of tagging themselves onto the pathetic and timewarped image they've fostered to give a contrived identity to an otherwise wholly irrelevant establishment.

The further fallacy espoused by fans of other clubs who talk about them as some sort of proper old school working class club with proper fans etc is equally bollocks as football didn't start in the 70s when hooliganism came to prominence and being working class and proper doesn't mean carrying on the way they do with the deluded sense of self aggrandisation and pride as if having the biggest collective of thuggish scum and mouth breathing inadequates going to football is some sort of achievement outside of its culturally relevant heyday of the 70s and 80s.

It is a myth they keep needing to peddle to justify having such a scum element amongst their ranks and give it some sort of false romantic or noble justification when the reality is it's just a bunch of lemons acting like a bunch of lemons.

They have some very hard, violent and psychopathic followers undoubtedly...good for them....(who really cares and what does it count for in 2019?), but the worst are the kind that @Carter refers to....the types who tag on to the image and the nutters and revel in the exploits of others as if it elevates them to some sort of tough guy image by association. Social media is awash with them in their silly caps and stone island coats in the aftermath of days like today and it is all very amusing.

They remind me of the Mickey Pierce character in Scum and for every "handy"nutter they have out looking to injure someone over a game of football as a release for their psychological/emotional issues, they'll have 50 of the skinny Jeremy Kyle types who if it came down to it on their own would struggle to fight their way out of a wet paper bag before their malnourished frames gave out due to a diet of 10 lambert and butler and supermarket energy drinks.

All very tragic and comically amusing and as much as they may laugh at the likes of silly little trainspotting Charlton the complete lack of self awareness they possess of how they are actually perceived by 99% of adults and people with a bit of nous and common sense is hilarious.

Brilliant post, but surely you are not expecting a response from any Millwall fans to that? It would take them five years and a Chambers dictionary before that happened!

• Options
    addick05 said:

If my dad had took me to the valley as a kid, I’d have got bored and stopped going.

Thank god for Millwall

County Road cutters?
    Think you will find that there was a large mob of Everton yesterday more than keen.
    Regardless of Everton's history, watching the clip of the slashing incident is one of the snidest, most cowardly things I've seen...climbing over a wall, sneaking up and slashing a bloke involved in a fist fight then slinking back off again...sheer and utter cowardice.

Truly horrible little club (albeit with the odd handful of decent fans) that attract a huge percentage of yellow teethed, feral, thicko, inadequates who gain some sort of misguided validation of tagging themselves onto the pathetic and timewarped image they've fostered to give a contrived identity to an otherwise wholly irrelevant establishment.

The further fallacy espoused by fans of other clubs who talk about them as some sort of proper old school working class club with proper fans etc is equally bollocks as football didn't start in the 70s when hooliganism came to prominence and being working class and proper doesn't mean carrying on the way they do with the deluded sense of self aggrandisation and pride as if having the biggest collective of thuggish scum and mouth breathing inadequates going to football is some sort of achievement outside of its culturally relevant heyday of the 70s and 80s.

It is a myth they keep needing to peddle to justify having such a scum element amongst their ranks and give it some sort of false romantic or noble justification when the reality is it's just a bunch of lemons acting like a bunch of lemons.

They have some very hard, violent and psychopathic followers undoubtedly...good for them....(who really cares and what does it count for in 2019?), but the worst are the kind that @Carter refers to....the types who tag on to the image and the nutters and revel in the exploits of others as if it elevates them to some sort of tough guy image by association. Social media is awash with them in their silly caps and stone island coats in the aftermath of days like today and it is all very amusing.

They remind me of the Mickey Pierce character in Scum and for every "handy"nutter they have out looking to injure someone over a game of football as a release for their psychological/emotional issues, they'll have 50 of the skinny Jeremy Kyle types who if it came down to it on their own would struggle to fight their way out of a wet paper bag before their malnourished frames gave out due to a diet of 10 lambert and butler and supermarket energy drinks.

All very tragic and comically amusing and as much as they may laugh at the likes of silly little trainspotting Charlton the complete lack of self awareness they possess of how they are actually perceived by 99% of adults and people with a bit of nous and common sense is hilarious.

Brilliant post, but surely you are not expecting a response from any Millwall fans to that? It would take them five years and a Chambers dictionary before that happened!

The ones that post on here are all sensible to be fair.
  • Options

I’ve heard Millwall fans argue that they are the true “London” club being closest to Charring X

As do Chelsea.

I’ve heard Millwall fans argue that they are the true “London” club being closest to Charring X

As do Chelsea.
    Historically the city of London is the true London. The city of London's flag has Charlton's sword on it as a tribute to the real London club. Case closed.
    Centre of London is measured to Charring Cross not to The City of London. On that basis it’s Millwall that is the closest to the centre.

• Options

numbers for those interested.

1. Swansea City
    2. AFC Wimbledon
    3. shrewsbury or Wolves
    4. Millwall
    5. Brighton or West Brom
    6. Bristol City
    7. Derby
    8. Doncaster
    9. Chelsea
    10. Watford
    11. Middlesbrough or Newport
    12.Man City
    13. Barnet or Brentford
    14. Portsmouth or QPR
    15. Man Utd
    16. Crystal Palace

4 vs 9 would be carnage and give every copper within a 50 mile radius a chance of overtime, havent played each other in 24 years

Or a good way to trim the herd.
  • Options

As do Chelsea.

As do Chelsea.
    Historically the city of London is the true London. The city of London's flag has Charlton's sword on it as a tribute to the real London club. Case closed.
    Centre of London is measured to Charring Cross not to The City of London. On that basis it’s Millwall that is the closest to the centre.

Cool. Thanks.
  • Options

As do Chelsea.

As do Chelsea.

Yes - Millwall beat Chelsea by a few hundred yards. The Old Den would have been touch and go with Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    Steve Kavanagh is currently on 5 Live. Very much in the role of Millwall executives from previous eras, didn't hear anything inside the ground, trouble outside is outside his remit and they probably did not have tickets for the game
  • Options
    was on talksport at 10.15 today too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

addick05 said:

Thank god for Millwall

County Road cutters?

The ones that post on here are all sensible to be fair.
    Have no problems with them generally, but they haven't relied yet have they?
  • Options
    The policing of all London clubs has changed.
    Was centralised a while back.
    All those who knew how to police Millwall for this kind of fixture are long gone.
    Sadly.
  • Options
    Nothing will happen to them, again, and in a week or month or year it will happen again, and most of the air time will be what a wonderful community club they are and that no-one is trying harder to stamp out this sort of thing than Millwall...repeat to fade...

In reality, there is a pretty obvious reason why plucky little Millwall have to work harder than most to 'stamp out' misbehavior, they attract the majority of the regions dickheads, that cycle will never be broken and after all why should it, no-one likes them and they don't care.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JohnnyH2 said:

Steve Kavanagh is currently on 5 Live. Very much in the role of Millwall executives from previous eras, didn't hear anything inside the ground, trouble outside is outside his remit and they probably did not have tickets for the game

All that’s missing from that quote on your Millwall excuse bingo game card is ‘they were West Ham fans looking to cause the club trouble’
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

All that’s missing from that quote on your Millwall excuse bingo game card is ‘they were West Ham fans looking to cause the club trouble’
    He is one.
  • Options
    Anyone else secretly hoping for a Chelsea v Millwall 5th round game?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

millwall will probably win!!!, people can say what they want but they do have something at the den and i dont mean some sort of pest problem but they always give the cup their all, they are currently 6 points from safety and those occupying bottom 3 cant string a sentance together let alone a win, personally i would like to see them get someone beatable then get burtoneque demantled by city
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Not just a Millwall problem according to Kavanagh:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47033129

I have heard the same chant from Charlton fans, but it was 1996, at Anfield.

Having said that, I know we have a few ****heads ourselves, but unless Millwall start to own their problem and stop looking elsewhere to justify why it keeps happening with them, nothing will change.

Certainly the FA will do Sweet Fanny Adams about it.
  • Options
    why would the slashing victim put himself in the papers and basically say 'Please feel sorry for me, I am a football hooligan and got hurt'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    This puts a slightly different slant on it.
    So much for the innocent victim.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

It may well be him, but impossible to tell from that tbh.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Reminds me of that danny dyer film
  • Options
    All that and they get Wimbledon away
  • Options

Seen this all over today. Bollocks IMO. Just looks like his hand. Even heard the suggestion he had his own knife used on him by the Millwall bod after dropping it, when you can clearly see the Millwall bod jump over the wall and use it.

If I turn out to be wrong I’ll hold my hand up and say he got what he deserved.
  • Options
    Wonder if Kav will be attending early morning raids?
  • Options
    Knowing the pricing of catering at Craven Cottage that was probably an 8.99 Organic Chicken and Sauteed Mediterranean Vegetable Pie too.

Probably lobbed by an investment banker from Chiswick trousering 2 million per year.
  • Options
    Millwall fans should be banned from the Wimbledon fixture.

In my 30+ years of supporting Charlton I have been to hundreds and hundreds of matches, only once have I heard a dickhead use a a racist expression. This bloke is a tool and probably better suited to Millwall.

I know Millwall fans get away with this vile behaviour week in, week out.

Ban the lot of them, should be ashamed.
  • Options
    what is even funnier is all these come out of the woodwork millwall fans that are apparently going to the fixture - the faces on them when they realise how small kingsmeadow is will be hilarious.