Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    page 1475 is here.

Forward, forward
  • Options
    garfield said:

This Mike Ashley rumor has no foundation right? Is it purely based on the fact he is British man looking to sell one club?

He has seen how we have been with RD and Newcastle fans have give him some shit over his tenure so why would he bother with fans who take it either? Not saying we are problem because we have been wronged! But from his perspective are we worth the hassle?

We have NO idea who the brits are do we? All we have been told is that they are about but no clue who is involved.

Please tell me if I am wrong of course.

If & when the Newcastle sale goes through, my understanding is that he will look to purchase a club in the London area.
    Which one that is of course, is open to speculation, but the interest is there.
    Ashley from Newcastle to Charlton LOL.

Businessman of century if he sells 50k home shirts, 50k away kit and 50k 2nd strip at Charlton.

I could handle the yo-yo between Premier and Champ but why would he see CAFC as worthwhile ?

We just don't have the fans. Even 26k wouldn't interest him.
  • Options

No what I’m saying is

bobmunro said:

Can someone ask Lieven tonight just 4 questions
    1. Why are you persisting with Australians after 1 year of no deal.
    2. What price does Roland want
    3. How many buyers have proven funds and cleared EFL?
    4. How many buyers are still negotiating

I just e mailed them to the the Trust Secretary for you (as they requested).
    Well that is most kind I thank you, let’s see if he has decent answers 🤨

There is no British bid. There is only the Aussies.

There is a British Bid and they are one of three buyers who approached Ex Directors, Aussies never approached them, so Who is real?
    Were they one of the groups who offered to buy out the ex-directors loans at a heavy discount?
    No Roland made the low ball bid. My guess is they told him they wanted loans cleared as did the others.
    Aussies? Who knows what they wanted, did they get that far?
    You’re being far to cryptic for me I’m afraid. Are you saying there is no Australian consortium currently in the running ? It won’t hurt you to stop talking in riddles.

No what I’m saying is The Ex Directors have no idea if Aussies exist as they have never been in touch while 3 other parties including Brits have. Is that clear enough ?
    You come across as very aggressive. That’s me done.
    Don't you think your post was a bit curt, before you asked the question mate?

Considering the amount of posturing on this thread, I find DS's, along with RedHenry's contributions, the most informative and unbiased, I'm not looking for smiley faces, just what they know.
    How dare you
  • Options
    Which reminds me of this thread, people regurgitating the same old shit and arguments but expecting a different answer.

I refer to @Henry Irving WIOTOS
  • Options
    Last weeks unlock the solution meeting to be followed up with another one early next week. Expect Jim to drop it into his show.
  • Options
    garfield said:

A

garfield said:

This Mike Ashley rumor has no foundation right? Is it purely based on the fact he is British man looking to sell one club?

He has seen how we have been with RD and Newcastle fans have give him some shit over his tenure so why would he bother with fans who take it either? Not saying we are problem because we have been wronged! But from his perspective are we worth the hassle?

We have NO idea who the brits are do we? All we have been told is that they are about but no clue who is involved.

If & when the Newcastle sale goes through, my understanding is that he will look to purchase a club in the London area.
    And where does your understanding come from?
    A former member of the NUFC SMT, who is still close to Mike Ashley, for obvious reasons, I will not name him, however I have no reason to disbelieve him.
    Fair enough. I'll be cheering the Aussies on in that case. I don't want Ashley anywhere near Charlton.
  • Options

I'm beginning to see this 'contest' between the Aussies and the Brits like two cricketers playing the straightest of bats.

You've got Bill Lawry for the Aussies and Geoff Boycott for the Brits. Neither is prepared to take a chance and each is trying to bore the other into submission. Something has to give, but its best not to hold your breath.

We're in the corridor of uncertainty.
    Yep, it’s the one at CERN
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Which reminds me of this thread, people regurgitating the same old shit and arguments but expecting a different answer.

If you keep waiting for it to be on the OS you'll always be waiting for it to be on the OS
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If you keep waiting for it to be on the OS you'll always be waiting for it to be on the OS
    Touché! @Dazzler21
  • Options
    cabbles said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Is there any reason why the interested parties wont go a bit more public? Not by walking around the ground in scarves on match day, but just to release a small statement to say something along the lines of 'we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon'. At least the fans would know there is something going on

The scarves were just an honest expression of their enthusiasm for the project, (days from what they thought was the completion).
    Muir also wanted to meet Charlton fans and get a sense of the atmosphere. Obviously they won’t do that again until the sale if it happens.

If they released a statement saying ‘we're in the mix and we hope to complete soon' they’d be widely ridiculed, unfortunately.

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t really.
    You're very good at putting people into groups mate ain't you. Getting a few people behind you, ridiculing the 'opposition', then playing the victim when you get a bit back.

My question wasn't a dig at anyone in particular, it was just to ask if there was a genuine reason why all the parties, with RD's say so, can't each put out small official statements** just to say they are involved, no more than that.

** Official Statement - Via their legal teams and not by walking round the ground with scarves on. Which also goes for any other buyer who might do it prematurely, in the future.
    What an extraordinary statement, particularly from a mod. How can you possibly extrapolate that from my comment above.

Firstly I didn’t say you were having a dig at all.

There have been comments above about the aggressive tone of some posts, and it’s worth bearing in mind that plain text can be read in different ways by different people depending on their mindset. But your post aimed at me can only be seen as aggressive mate.

Where have I put people into groups, and what groups are you referring to? Where have I ridiculed anybody? I was just giving my view of the scarf wearing, as have many others, but I don’t see you jumping down their throats.

One of the great things about CL is the way people use humour to diffuse situations. Perhaps you’ve misconstrued my attempts at humour as something else, I really don’t know. For example I said recently something like ‘does that get me off (or on?) the scapegoat list’. It was an attempt at humour, not trying to portray myself as a victim.

Of course people have a pop at each other here, but I don’t want to get involved.

I’m more than happy to get involved in an honest debate without malice, however.
    Assistant to the Mods, maybe
    French/Grove park Ambassador to Admin. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    This thread also reminds me of this but without the groove, funk and Afro! Actually I did have a rather pathetic Afro back in the 70’s, what a twat I must have been!

https://youtu.be/LDehYXKI31g
  • Options

Ashley must be fully aware that his name is at the very least being strongly touted as a ‘possible’ future owner.
    One would have thought he would have come out and denied it by now were it not the case.
    That’s not to say I believe the rumour, one way or the other.

• Options

Ashley must be fully aware that his name is at the very least being strongly touted as a ‘possible’ future owner.
    One would have thought he would have come out and denied it by now were it not the case.
    That’s not to say I believe the rumour, one way or the other.

Having heard about the way Mike Ashley is, I honestly dont think he would give a monkeys! Mike Ashley is only concerned about Mike Ashley.

Also he has alot going on with his own club, doesnt need to worry about little ol' Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Mark Kleinman of Sky that's reporting the Kenyon and Newcastle link. Isn't he a Charlton fan? Would he know more on our situation?
  • Options

It's Mark Kleinman of Sky that's reporting the Kenyon and Newcastle link. Isn't he a Charlton fan? Would he know more on our situation?

Yes he is. No he wouldn't.
  • Options

garfield said:

Ashley from Newcastle to Charlton LOL.

Businessman of century if he sells 50k home shirts, 50k away kit and 50k 2nd strip at Charlton.

I could handle the yo-yo between Premier and Champ but why would he see CAFC as worthwhile ?

We just don't have the fans. Even 26k wouldn't interest him.
    Pure conjecture on your part.....Charlton are potentially a very very interesting challenge for anyone interested in the game of football.
    We are there for the taking for anyone who wants the already in place infrastructure and cudos to be back in The Prem.....anyone who thinks otherwise ain’t a true Addick in my eyes.....not saying that’s you soapy but maybe Ashley would relish the thought of a different kind of challenge, with the added bonus of being back on the London scene.
    Who knows.....you can’t read his mind any more than any of us can.
    I’d think his interest might be 50/50 at this stage and I wouldn’t mind betting he is at least watching the situation with some interest.

• Options

garfield said:

A

garfield said:

And where does your understanding come from?
    A former member of the NUFC SMT, who is still close to Mike Ashley, for obvious reasons, I will not name him, however I have no reason to disbelieve him.
    Didn’t realise you were still on Tony Jimenez’s Christmas card list, Garfield...
    As I am sure you are @Airman Brown :)
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I don’t believe for one minute Ashley is intending to buy us.

So out of interest @ShootersHillGuru @Airman Brown @Bubble and anyone else convinced of the above, what’s your best guess on who ‘the Brits’ may be and do you suspect the non progression of that group is down to the same reasons as the Aussies or a different reason?
    Well I think it’s not going to be jaw dropping. I think Murray is fundamental to it. Perhaps not in terms of cash but certainly in drawing together the members and even perhaps having a significant role on the board. His CV looks good on inspection by anyone other than a Charlton supporter. I think to interested parties he’s got a lot of credibility. As to the make up then I havn’t a clue and I doubt there will be many names any of us would jump up and down about.

FWIW. I am coming round to the idea that the convoluted structure of ownership prior to RD might be an issue to completion and that theory might explain why neither of the Aussies or Brits have been able to make speedy progress. Seems a coincidence that two groups have been around for similar amounts of time without getting it done. LdT hinted that when the truth eventually comes out it will exonerate Roland over the sales process.

I know Jiminez, Slater and Cash were chancers but what the hell have they done to cause this much hold up and aggro?

If it's down to dodgy dealings by previous owners, Roland isn't totally off the hook on this. His slipshod 20 minute due diligence when he bought the club is why he has these problems now (whatever they are). He didn't even know about the previous director's loans for gawd's sake. Even I know about those and I'm just some random fan, not somebody forking out millions to buy a football club who should be paying attention to stuff like that.
    His eyes popped out of his head when he saw The Valley, training ground and academy for £18m, and he dived in like a greedy bastard.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Yes, long term fan.

Where is he reporting that link? @The Red Robin
  • Options
    I think all interested parties should bugger off! We are doing OK with RD.

OK calm down just joking.
    😀
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Could today be the day.....

11 is my lucky number and it's the 11th today....

#f5

No
  • Options

Yes, long term fan.

Where is he reporting that link? @The Red Robin
    https://news.sky.com/story/sky-sources-former-manchester-united-and-chelsea-chief-peter-kenyon-plots-newcastle-takeover-11512071
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!