Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Since the budget 'revalation' I've decided to not purchase, will go to a handful of games but I'd rather pay on the day if the money isn't going to good use 
    That’s the spirit chief...
    Well on top of that im never going to attend every game and even the 9 to break even isnt a given with a 4 month old baby to raise. Would rather pay £25 5/6 times during the season when il actually be able to attend. Ive not preached either way so theres no need for people to get pissy with me... im hardly going to change my mind because strangers on the internet are dissapointed. 
    So it's more to do with your budget than Charlton's budget.

If you had told the truth then you wouldn't have got pissy comments.

If you had said you would love to be there most games to back the team, but don't have the time nor the money with a 4 month baby. Everyone would have agreed with you.
    Lol told the truth, are you my fkin mum and I'm 12 ?.

If money was going in the pot I'd happily pay my 220 and risk only doing 5 games. But as it's not, what's the fkin point ? In the come back thread I've ready mentioned the intent of trying to do 9 games to break even. 

If I do those 9 games on a mach by match basis I've spent more than the season ticket, so as it's all about the club making money you should be happy. 

I'm glad it's the fans fault we are in so much debt and nobody elses. 

So basically you are doing what any sensible person should do regarding a S/T.
    You work out how many games you think you will attend.
    You work out if it will be cheaper to buy a S/T or buy for each match attended.
    Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    Why can't we all be friends?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Since the budget 'revalation' I've decided to not purchase, will go to a handful of games but I'd rather pay on the day if the money isn't going to good use 
    Well on top of that im never going to attend every game and even the 9 to break even isnt a given with a 4 month old baby to raise. Would rather pay £25 5/6 times during the season when il actually be able to attend. Ive not preached either way so theres no need for people to get pissy with me... im hardly going to change my mind because strangers on the internet are dissapointed. 

If you had said you would love to be there most games to back the team, but don't have the time nor the money with a 4 month baby. Everyone would have agreed with you.

If money was going in the pot I'd happily pay my 220 and risk only doing 5 games. But as it's not, what's the fkin point ? In the come back thread I've ready mentioned the intent of trying to do 9 games to break even. 

If I do those 9 games on a mach by match basis I've spent more than the season ticket, so as it's all about the club making money you should be happy. 

Nothing to see here.
    Learn to read knobhead. I'd happily over spend if the money was being used properly.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Nothing to see here.
    Learn to read knobhead. I'd happily over spend if the money was being used properly.
    Yes I read that.
    I wouldn't, financially I'd work out what was the most sensible thing to do.
    Anyway, it's great if you can make some games this season.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Nothing to see here.
    Yes I read that.
    Tbh if I make 5 Games it's the most Ive seen since 2002 when I moved to Devon. Before that it was 8 years of season tickets and porta cabin/millennium suite passes. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Nothing to see here.
    Yes I read that.
    Tbh if I make 5 Games it's the most Ive seen since 2002 when I moved to Devon. Before that it was 8 years of season tickets and porta cabin/millennium suite passes. 
    Give it up mate. Fans like you (and me) are becoming the new targets now and we will just have to live with it.

Luckilly I dont give a fuck what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    All aboard the happy train. Next stop: sunshine and rainbows.
  • Options
    We had a rainbow at Wembley just after the game :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    I've noticed you getting increasingly sarcy recently. Are you on the blob?
    The change 
    It seems that since the play off final there has been a definite "change" in the air for some- almost as if some think all the problems have gone away.

I suspect it's just people wanting to feel good about charlton for a change, and I dont blame them for that, but theres a lot more sniping coming to the fore and that's not a good thing in the long run.
    I don’t think it’s that. I think we saw what we can achieve when we have the full backing of our fan base in the stadium over the last few games of the season and how that pushed forwards Bowyer’s incredible work. We’re going to need that and more if we have a chance of surviving next season and using that momentum to rebuild some of the damage done by Duchatelet. For some people (no one specifically) to go back to “boycotting” when they were happy to break their boycott for a couple of glamour ties is a bit jarring, particularly when it comes with the “not a penny more” stuff that was proven to be nonsense just a week ago. 
    But if the revenue from one extra season ticket sold doesnt make a difference then surely neither does having one more bum on a seat?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Nothing to see here.
    May I just interrupt here and say that the gentleman is not a k******d.
  • Options
    Just got an email...one week left to get a ST at L1 prices...£220 for the Covered End proper...if we can sell that out every week it’s going to have a big impact on our push for the Championship Playoffs next season 
    I feel for Accrington and Fleetwood, they must be looking at relegation.  Not in our division I realise.
  • Options
    ‘Soft boycott’ ended, as youngest son wants a season ticket next season. Trying to keep him connected, when PCs and Airsoft offer alternatives. Eldest son wants to come to some games too, which is progress. 

If the club isn’t sold and Roland screws us over we’ll have to live with that. At least with Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen around there’s always hope.

We all have different takes on our current situation.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    The change 
    It seems that since the play off final there has been a definite "change" in the air for some- almost as if some think all the problems have gone away.

I suspect it's just people wanting to feel good about charlton for a change, and I dont blame them for that, but theres a lot more sniping coming to the fore and that's not a good thing in the long run.
    I don’t think it’s that. I think we saw what we can achieve when we have the full backing of our fan base in the stadium over the last few games of the season and how that pushed forwards Bowyer’s incredible work. We’re going to need that and more if we have a chance of surviving next season and using that momentum to rebuild some of the damage done by Duchatelet. For some people (no one specifically) to go back to “boycotting” when they were happy to break their boycott for a couple of glamour ties is a bit jarring, particularly when it comes with the “not a penny more” stuff that was proven to be nonsense just a week ago. 
    But if the revenue from one extra season ticket sold doesnt make a difference then surely neither does having one more bum on a seat?
    Not sure I see the correlation. 
  • Options
    Any idea how many season tickets have been sold for next season?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    The change 

Well I keep hearing that it's not worth boycotting as the revenue from one season ticket is insignificant. If that's the case then surely having just one extra person in the ground makes no difference to the atmosphere, or support for the team?
  • Options
    Oi, where’s the effing unicorn fella? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:
    shine166 said:
    The change 

Well I keep hearing that it's not worth boycotting as the revenue from one season ticket is insignificant. If that's the case then surely having just one extra person in the ground makes no difference to the atmosphere, or support for the team?
    I’m not sure whether the revenue from one season ticket is significant or not, I long ago gave up trying to figure out Duchatelet’s business rationales (although that being said, as the main stumbling block to a takeover is price, and the price seems to be dictated to some extent by Duchatelet wanting to recoup losses it could be argued that depriving the club of income and thus increasing  those losses is actually prolonging his presence).

However I am pretty certain that visual and vocal support inside the stadium gives us a better chance of success.
  • Options
    Just got an email...one week left to get a ST at L1 prices...£220 for the Covered End proper...if we can sell that out every week it’s going to have a big impact on our push for the Championship Playoffs next season 
    Wrong. Season tickets could be 50 quid and we could have 25k each game but if the team isn't good enough, we won't push for anything.

If we can re-sign Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen, Aribo and Bauer then it's going to have a big impact on our season.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Prices to continue to rise. Despite the spin, and other than Lower North, all other sections seem to regularly rise. they are generally 10% above last year year already with more price rises promised. And before anybody says you would expect them to increase as a higher division, RD also put them up when we got relegated. 
    I think this is true but actually haven't kept a record, I must admit. 
    Having said that I don't think our prices are higher than comparable clubs
    I don’t think prices are high compared to other clubs but that argument has always been based on a misunderstanding of the market. I don’t consider going to Millwall - or Middlesbrough - instead based on their prices. Charlton’s pricing over many years has always reflected demand.

Might be an unpopular view but as far as I’m concerned the lower north price is silly. It doesn’t maximise revenue and encourages people to downgrade. You could make an argument for holding on to people at any price in the circumstances of 2016 and 2017, but I don’t think the business case stacks up. The club would probably get more from some of the season ticket holders there by pricing them out, as a percentage would become casual purchasers. Some are already casual attenders, and the price facilitates that.
    I agree with you that comparing prices to other clubs is of limited value as we compete with different customers. However to say that Charlton's pricing reflects demand cannot be currently true. It was in the premier when we sold out but we effectively have limitless supply. 
    Your comment about maximising revenue is an interesting one. Yes some downgrade but it also increases demand as there are people who would buy at £220 but not if the cheapest was say £350. Some of those may become on the day purchasers, but how often, particularly if we are in relegation struggle. Some find other things to do. 
    It also asks the question as what do mean by maximising revenue. You would get a different answer to next season, over the next 5 years, or in 5 years time. The pricing and demographic is very important for the latter. A lot of the people who will be price sensitive are newish parents, or parents currently with young kids; much more than 50 year old. It is the younger people you need to generate for mid term. 
    Does RD care about the mid term. Well perhaps he should. I suspect any buyer would not only look at revenue, but numbers and demographics within those numbers. 
  • Options
    Wrong. Season tickets could be 50 quid and we could have 25k each game but if the team isn't good enough, we won't push for anything.

If we can re-sign Bowyer, Jackson, Gallen, Aribo and Bauer then it's going to have a big impact on our season.
    Have they gone somewhere else or are we at a natural point where contracts should be renewed to reflect the promotion to a higher division ?
  • Options
  • Options
    11,300 season tickets were sold in 2012/13. That’s a reasonable benchmark. 
  • Options
    11,300 season tickets were sold in 2012/13. That’s a reasonable benchmark. 
    @clb74 can get me Toby scoff all you like breakfast.

I'll win the bet easy.