Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Tickets

Comments

• Like others here, I spend as little money as possible with CAFC while RD is still here.
    The only revenue from me is ST money - no catering, no club shop, prog, etc.
    I do have VG, and we will be grateful for the youth set up next season when Phillips, Lapslie and Morgan are main players every week.

Seems to be taking a long time for those "Aussies" to hand in that paperwork to the EFL - 4 months now to stick a stamp on an envelope ?

RD ain't going nowhere.
  • Davo55 said:
    Whatever happened to “everyone should be free to make up their own mind”? It certainly feels as if the “come back” brigade are being more vocal in digging out those with a different view. Please just let it go. People have different views. Live with it. 
    This is a general comment not directed at Davo55.

I have friends that rarely miss a game, come to some games and also boycott.
    They are all friends and they do what is right for them. All good by me.

I agree everyone should be free to make up their own mind. They should and do.

It's just a bit annoying that the "not a penny more fans", turn up at The Valley Semi Final & then at Wembley (which I fully agree with and encouraged). But then say I would have bought a S/T but RD's budget isn't satisfactory for my support.
    His budget was satisfactory for me last week, but not next season.

If you're just here for the good times that's ok, that's the way of the world, but don't expect some fans not to get a bit miffed with the hypocrisy.

Additionally, if you get upset by comments like mine (I can understand that), then maybe you need to consider whether you want to make hypocritical posts. I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm simply saying it's unreasonable not to expect anyone to reply.
    You seem to be making the mistake, time and again, of lumping everyone into the same category when at the end of the day people are making different choices for different reasons. 

You go on about hypocrisy like you know everyones reasons and background. You dont. So get of that high horse you seem to be on.
  • edited June 2019
    Off_it said:
    Davo55 said:
    Whatever happened to “everyone should be free to make up their own mind”? It certainly feels as if the “come back” brigade are being more vocal in digging out those with a different view. Please just let it go. People have different views. Live with it. 

It's just a bit annoying that the "not a penny more fans", turn up at The Valley Semi Final & then at Wembley (which I fully agree with and encouraged). But then say I would have bought a S/T but RD's budget isn't satisfactory for my support.

If you're just here for the good times that's ok, that's the way of the world, but don't expect some fans not to get a bit miffed with the hypocrisy.

Additionally, if you get upset by comments like mine (I can understand that), then maybe you need to consider whether you want to make hypocritical posts. I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm simply saying it's unreasonable not to expect anyone to reply.
    You seem to be making the mistake, time and again, of lumping everyone into the same category when at the end of the day people are making different choices for different reasons. 

You go on about hypocrisy like you know everyones reasons and background. You dont. So get of that high horse you seem to be on.
    No, I'm not. Everyone is an individual and make their own choices for their own reasons. All good.
    I'm commenting on people that have explained their reasoning and background.
  • Davo55 said:

Thing is CE your be changing your time if bowyer doesn't sign a contract.

• clb74 said:
    Davo55 said:

I'm very confident he will.
  • Why can't we all be friends?
    Because there's no football on and we've got nothing else to argue about.
  • Croydon said:
    Why can't we all be friends?
    Because there's no football on and we've got nothing else to argue about.
    Good answer Popeye.
  • Davo55 said:

please give it up. most of us find this petty scabbling pathetic, tiresome and frustrating. 
  • clb74 said:
    Davo55 said:

I'm expecting bowyer to sign.
    If he doesn't though I'm also expecting you to pull up outside my house in your motor saying hurry up were going to Belgium.
  • 11,300 season tickets were sold in 2012/13. That’s a reasonable benchmark. 
    @Airman Brown I don't suppose you have the pricing structure handy for that season. It would be interesting to compare 
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Davo55 said:

If he doesn't though I'm also expecting you to pull up outside my house in your motor saying hurry up were going to Belgium.
    If Lee doesn’t sign a new contract I’ll drive you there myself. 
  • When does the new season start ? , I'm bored shitless  .
  • redman said:
    11,300 season tickets were sold in 2012/13. That’s a reasonable benchmark. 
    @Airman Brown I don't suppose you have the pricing structure handy for that season. It would be interesting to compare 
    I can probably find it, but off the top of my head it was cheaper in the east/west and dearer in the north, because we’d cut the prices for 11/12 and didn’t put them up.
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Davo55 said:

Can I come?
  • Well I’ve bought three season tickets for the first time in five years . I’m not a boycotter although i totally respect the people who have/Are . Nobody should be criticised for buying or boycotting. It’s a personal decision either way .
    I agree, I would be really nice if the whole debate could just end now. Every subject has a rehash of not a Penny more etc etc.

It is what it is. 

If if we want Rolly out we need to step it up in Belgium again. If the Belgie 20 need some funds I am happy to chip in - and I don’t care how or what they get up to. He needs to REALLY want to sell our club.
  • If they want to increase sales then sign up the manager and his staff
  • redman said:
    Davo55 said:

please give it up. most of us find this petty scabbling pathetic, tiresome and frustrating. 

Your never take the covered end
  • edited June 2019
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Davo55 said:

Can I come?
    Yes, as long as you get the beers in
  • Sponsored links:

• German said:
    Whilst I respect those who have given it to RD in spades over the past frustrating years of his temporary tenure we have just enjoyed the Best season since 2012 and as an extended family of life long Charlton fans we have taken 8 season tickets for the coming Championship season. . . . Fact is with RD’s mega fortune not buying a season ticket doesn’t affect him but it does affect our wonderful football club . . . Let get behind LB, JJ and our players . . COYR . 
    Yeah, let’s. Best way we can do that is get ourselves over to Belgium and spoil a day or two for him.
  • Redrobo said:
    German said:
    Whilst I respect those who have given it to RD in spades over the past frustrating years of his temporary tenure we have just enjoyed the Best season since 2012 and as an extended family of life long Charlton fans we have taken 8 season tickets for the coming Championship season. . . . Fact is with RD’s mega fortune not buying a season ticket doesn’t affect him but it does affect our wonderful football club . . . Let get behind LB, JJ and our players . . COYR . 
    Yeah, let’s. Best way we can do that is get ourselves over to Belgium and spoil a day or two for him.
    Do that as well .
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Davo55 said:

Can I come?
    Yes, as long as you get the beers in
    Consider it done.
  • redman said:
    Prices to continue to rise. Despite the spin, and other than Lower North, all other sections seem to regularly rise. they are generally 10% above last year year already with more price rises promised. And before anybody says you would expect them to increase as a higher division, RD also put them up when we got relegated. 
    I think this is true but actually haven't kept a record, I must admit. 
    Having said that I don't think our prices are higher than comparable clubs
    I don’t think prices are high compared to other clubs but that argument has always been based on a misunderstanding of the market. I don’t consider going to Millwall - or Middlesbrough - instead based on their prices. Charlton’s pricing over many years has always reflected demand.

Might be an unpopular view but as far as I’m concerned the lower north price is silly. It doesn’t maximise revenue and encourages people to downgrade. You could make an argument for holding on to people at any price in the circumstances of 2016 and 2017, but I don’t think the business case stacks up. The club would probably get more from some of the season ticket holders there by pricing them out, as a percentage would become casual purchasers. Some are already casual attenders, and the price facilitates that.
    Personally i'm fine with cheap season tickets being available in the North Lower. Given how season ticket sales have plummeted while RD has been here it's the ideal location for fans to come back and not be priced out of going. Casual purchasers would only go to a handful of games while at least those with a season ticket would likely stay in the routine of going to The Valley every other Saturday though I suspect you may be referring to the people who will still only pick and choose there games even with a season ticket which is a fair point you make.

The other thing of course, how good did it look against Donny when Bielik nodded us in front with the whole sold out North going into raptures? It looks great on TV too and no doubt gives the players a lift. Remember how empty the North Lower looked when we had the £150 East A & B season tickets? Sorry for the language but frankly when we scored in front of an empty North Lower it looked crap. The North Upper and Lower is our 12th man and i'm fine with the club doing what it takes to get it filled. Yes I have read the argument that crowds don't win games and that's correct they don't as we lost against Donny but over 23 games you will more than likely win more than you lose.
    When safe standing is allowed, the lower North will be the perfect place. Behind the goal for atmosphere and "TV pictures" and the worst home seating in the ground anyway
    Why is lower north worst seating??
    Haven't been in lower for 10 years but don't remember it being that bad??
    Was thinking of getting one at 220 seamed a bargain even if I only go to 5 or 6 games like i did this season
    Saves hassle of booking and picking up tickets
  • Price rise has now changed to 28th June instead of 9th

Sales not going to well i guess

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ceb88a23ca4c/deadline-extended-for-season-tickets-on-sale-at-league-one-pricing
  • Price rise has now changed to 28th June instead of 9th

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ceb88a23ca4c/deadline-extended-for-season-tickets-on-sale-at-league-one-pricing
    SeriouslyRed says we have sold 10k
  • edited June 2019
    Price rise has now changed to 28th June instead of 9th

SeriouslyRed says we have sold 10k
    Looking at the seats available I’d say we’ve sold a hell of a lot more than in recent seasons . Promotion and a win at Wembley will do that .
  • I'm a returning season ticket holder, but concerning asking for a refund.
    All the dirt surrounding Bowyer's contract has left me feeling very sad.