Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets

Comments

• Options
    Whatever views we have on rd and what the best way to get rid of him is, its great to be back over 10k for season ticket sales. What did we sell the first year back following promotion with CP?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    Whatever views we have on rd and what the best way to get rid of him is, its great to be back over 10k for season ticket sales. What did we sell the first year back following promotion with CP?
    11,300 - that was the number sold. I note the club’s story doesn’t use the word, which suggests they are including (a few hundred) comps. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    11,300 - that was the number sold. I note the club’s story doesn’t use the word, which suggests they are including (a few hundred) comps. 
    thanks Airman - could be on target for similar then??
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I think the price increases may choke off demand, or at any rate will have pulled late purchases forward.

There’s no obvious reason you’d expect to see growth on 12/13, other than the number of season tickets sold at £200/£220, which yield as little as £7.24 a match for adults net of VAT.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    You think so ? Personally I don't think so.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Think a lot will depend on transfer activity.  Sign a few decent players and more will be tempted.
  • Options
    Following Wembley I would have been very disappointed if we didn't sell 10k
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I think the price increases may choke off demand, or at any rate will have pulled late purchases forward.

There’s no obvious reason you’d expect to see growth on 12/13, other than the number of season tickets sold at £200/£220, which yield as little as £7.24 a match for adults net of VAT.
    Maybe - but i'd say that although the CP promotion year was great and we hadn't endured 3/4 years of belgium nonsense, the end to the last season was spectacular and may well counterbalance that - i would say that in those 3 play off games, the occasion / atmosphere was as good as anything i can remember - and i was at carlisle in 85, was at birmingham for the play off final play off, at both ipswich semi's, at blackburn, at wembley 98, at man city and southampton at home, at sending palace down, at the double games over millwall in 96 - the atmosphere generated at those 3 games trumps any of them and a few encouraging signings over the next month and i reckon we will beat the 11,300 figure. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    You think so ? Personally I don't think so.
    Nah I’m half joking, just that statements/threats like that don’t carry much weight when you’ve already said the same thing twice before. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I'll never be able to square this particular conundrum.
    With a mind only on the short term fortunes of the team, the fuller the Valley the better, no doubt.
    But that can only ever be a small part of the whole of Charlton's dreadful predicament.
    I remain convinced that every single cent reduction in roly's financial disaster delays his departure.
    Money is the only thing he respects.  He's so mad he doesn't respect it enough to stop haemorrhaging millions on his vanity but if retaining Charlton hurts sufficiently, he'll bail.  Every penny inward mitigates that pain, defers his event horizon, ergo is the wrong thing to do.
    Not a penny til he's gone for good from every cell of Charlton's being.
  • Options
    Sorry if a repost, but here are the new ticket prices starting Tuesday. Good sized jump.

Will the 'BLACK' areas be made available for walk up supporters?
    The black areas have been closed for the past couple of seasons. Not sure if they will open them again on a match by match basis as it will mean opening the loos at the far end of the East & extra stewarding. 

• Options
    clive said:
    LenGlover said:
    Not wanting to poke the hornets nest of boycott v don't boycott but according to Roland's lackey, de Turk, every season ticket holder costs him (Roland) £1,000 apparently. Poor translation probably but that is what was said apparently.
    LenGlover said:
    Not wanting to poke the hornets nest of boycott v don't boycott but according to Roland's lackey, de Turk, every season ticket holder costs him (Roland) £1,000 apparently. Poor translation probably but that is what was said apparently.
    Bad translation.
    I presume what he really meant was we have @12,000 supporters attending (not just S/T) and we lose @£12M, so if every supporter contributed an extra £1,000pa, we wouldn't lose money.
    I can't be bothered to check but it looks (from memory) like my S/T has gone up 30%.

Fans forum statement below

There was a mistake in the translation of the initial notes from Wednesday’s meeting.

The line: 

The average Championship club loses around £15m a year which is not sustainable, each season ticket holder costs the club £1,000.

Should have been translated as:

The average Championship club loses around £15m a year which equates to £1,000 per season ticket holder. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d1e1ba8e608c/fans-forum-notes-june-2019

Is “translated” the right word? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I'll never be able to square this particular conundrum.
    With a mind only on the short term fortunes of the team, the fuller the Valley the better, no doubt.
    But that can only ever be a small part of the whole of Charlton's dreadful predicament.
    I remain convinced that every single cent reduction in roly's financial disaster delays his departure.
    Money is the only thing he respects.  He's so mad he doesn't respect it enough to stop haemorrhaging millions on his vanity but if retaining Charlton hurts sufficiently, he'll bail.  Every penny inward mitigates that pain, defers his event horizon, ergo is the wrong thing to do.
    Not a penny til he's gone for good from every cell of Charlton's being.
    Don't agree. 10,000 season ticket holders is £2-3 million in revenue. Compared to £10 -15m loss a few here and there don't really make any difference to his mindset in my opinion.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Maybe - but i'd say that although the CP promotion year was great and we hadn't endured 3/4 years of belgium nonsense, the end to the last season was spectacular and may well counterbalance that - i would say that in those 3 play off games, the occasion / atmosphere was as good as anything i can remember - and i was at carlisle in 85, was at birmingham for the play off final play off, at both ipswich semi's, at blackburn, at wembley 98, at man city and southampton at home, at sending palace down, at the double games over millwall in 96 - the atmosphere generated at those 3 games trumps any of them and a few encouraging signings over the next month and i reckon we will beat the 11,300 figure. 

I agree with you on the end of season point but I don’t think they’ll be much of a pick up from now. I suspect virtually everyone’s who was going to get a ST has done so now (the ‘deadline’ has been extended a couple of months) and the price after tonight hikes quite a bit.  

If he does sell they’ll be a small pick up from the committed few that won’t give ‘him’ money for non-play off games but I don’t expect it to be hugely impacting.

Not quite sure how I feel personally about those who at this stage won’t but will change their mind if we sign a couple of decent players, but I suppose that’s football. 
  • Options
    With over 10,000 season tickets now issued” 

how many are the freebie lot designed to block Afka and friends out of their seats 
  • Options
    “With over 10,000 season tickets now issued” 

how many are the freebie lot designed to block Afka and friends out of their seats 
    500, but that’s not the only area. Will add a bit more in the morning
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Roland's world of math, the extra 4000 season ticket holders means he just lost an additional £4 million pounds. The poor get poorer.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sorry if a repost, but here are the new ticket prices starting Tuesday. Good sized jump.

The black areas have been closed for the past couple of seasons. Not sure if they will open them again on a match by match basis as it will mean opening the loos at the far end of the East & extra stewarding. 

The costs of opening these areas - and the savings - are trivial if they exist at all, not least because the closed areas have to be stewarded anyway. 
  • Options

The costs of opening these areas - and the savings - are trivial if they exist at all, not least because the closed areas have to be stewarded anyway. 
    Would they be able to put away fans in the blacked out areas when demand requires (Leeds etc)?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Maybe they plan to replace the black area seats with luxury couches.
  • Options
    @NapaAddick you do know that a luxury couch in the UK retails at £77,000,000 right? How many do you figure we can fit in there?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    @NapaAddick you do know that a luxury couch in the UK retails at £77,000,000 right? How many do you figure we can fit in there?
    Simple! We can get 1300 of Michael Jackson's couches in those sections at $73,000 a pop (£59,000 each.) On top of that, we can also get the Jackson statue from Fulham on the cheap. All in, £77 mil. Done!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    se9addick said:

Would they be able to put away fans in the blacked out areas when demand requires (Leeds etc)?
    The issue there is that the clubs with large away support (at The Valley) will also tend to be the ones the police won’t want to accommodate - Leeds, Birmingham, Millwall, for example. So generally the answer is no. There are extra costs as well as revenue.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The issue there is that the clubs with large away support (at The Valley) will also tend to be the ones the police won’t want to accommodate - Leeds, Birmingham, Millwall, for example. So generally the answer is no. There are extra costs as well as revenue.
    Cool, cheers 
  • Options
    Well they appear to be at the higher price now,

I haven't looked for a while, but seems to be a lot more spare seats.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Well they appear to be at the higher price now,

I haven't looked for a while, but seems to be a lot more spare seats.
    That's all the previous season tickets that have not been sold now coming on line.