Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Tickets

Comments

• SE7toSG3 said:
    Whats the point of rising to some of the comments above, it was always a personal choice not an organised boycott. I wont get a ST until Duche has left, but will travel away. It may not make a difference but enpowers me. 

People should do what they want, the end.
    Someone should write an article along those lines. : - )
  • All last year season tickets are not available to be sold on the "open market" so to speak until July 1st. Currently only available to the respective ST holder & so at the moment the seat is blocked from being purchased. Will get a better picture on the 1st when any unsold ST seats become available. I reckon most will have been bought again but who knows. 
  • Does anyone reckon they will do that swap seat day(s) again...due to the fact & understandably that the greyed out reserved ST holders seats were/are still on system...obviously when & if they then become available & no one wants them will that swap option in the same area happen...?
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Whats the point of rising to some of the comments above, it was always a personal choice not an organised boycott. I wont get a ST until Duche has left, but will travel away. It may not make a difference but enpowers me. 

People should do what they want, the end.
    Get off that fence se7
  • redman said:
    Prices to continue to rise. Despite the spin, and other than Lower North, all other sections seem to regularly rise. they are generally 10% above last year year already with more price rises promised. And before anybody says you would expect them to increase as a higher division, RD also put them up when we got relegated. 
    I think this is true but actually haven't kept a record, I must admit. 
    Having said that I don't think our prices are higher than comparable clubs
    I don’t think prices are high compared to other clubs but that argument has always been based on a misunderstanding of the market. I don’t consider going to Millwall - or Middlesbrough - instead based on their prices. Charlton’s pricing over many years has always reflected demand.

Might be an unpopular view but as far as I’m concerned the lower north price is silly. It doesn’t maximise revenue and encourages people to downgrade. You could make an argument for holding on to people at any price in the circumstances of 2016 and 2017, but I don’t think the business case stacks up. The club would probably get more from some of the season ticket holders there by pricing them out, as a percentage would become casual purchasers. Some are already casual attenders, and the price facilitates that.
    Personally i'm fine with cheap season tickets being available in the North Lower. Given how season ticket sales have plummeted while RD has been here it's the ideal location for fans to come back and not be priced out of going. Casual purchasers would only go to a handful of games while at least those with a season ticket would likely stay in the routine of going to The Valley every other Saturday though I suspect you may be referring to the people who will still only pick and choose there games even with a season ticket which is a fair point you make.

The other thing of course, how good did it look against Donny when Bielik nodded us in front with the whole sold out North going into raptures? It looks great on TV too and no doubt gives the players a lift. Remember how empty the North Lower looked when we had the £150 East A & B season tickets? Sorry for the language but frankly when we scored in front of an empty North Lower it looked crap. The North Upper and Lower is our 12th man and i'm fine with the club doing what it takes to get it filled. Yes I have read the argument that crowds don't win games and that's correct they don't as we lost against Donny but over 23 games you will more than likely win more than you lose.
    When safe standing is allowed, the lower North will be the perfect place. Behind the goal for atmosphere and "TV pictures" and the worst home seating in the ground anyway
    Why is lower north worst seating??
    Haven't been in lower for 10 years but don't remember it being that bad??
    Was thinking of getting one at 220 seamed a bargain even if I only go to 5 or 6 games like i did this season
    Saves hassle of booking and picking up tickets
    The best and worst seats will constantly change throughout a game depending on where the action is at any given time. The following are therefore generalisations, but I think broadly true:

• Being behind the goal doesn't give a very good overview of the game.  When did you last see a manager, a coach, a scout, a reporter or a commentator choose to sit behind the goal? Probably never, for this very reason.
    • Being so low down, gives a terrible perspective of what's happening on the pitch.
    • The stand has a lower rake than other areas, so your view is more likely to be obscured by the person in front. 

Of course there are compensations, proximity to goals in the covered end and better atmosphere being the main ones, but generally speaking the areas behind the goals are the cheapest at all grounds for a very good reason - the views aren't as good. 
  • Gave up season ticket 3 years ago because of Duchatelet, and other than the occasional coffee if I hadn't had time to get one in Charlton park or Charlton cafe I don't spend money. I bought tickets ad hoc in the cheaper seats for last 3 years.

The other reason I might not get a season ticket is because i do get in rows with people if they start talking shite. Against Coventry at home when we lost 2-1 to a very late goal, some pratt shouted out "your tactically naive"to Bowyer. Red tag to a bull but the good news is the guy made a full recovery and my tag should be taken off soon.

All adults do what they feel is best for them.
    Possible changing my seat on a regular basis is best for me. my family and friends know that I go walk about.

If new owners CV is impressive and with Bowyer and team in place then will return to having season ticket if resolved by end of July.
    Think thats a really good point

Does my head in when I get people around me shouting like that, thankfully I'm in an area where I know it wont happen much and is mainly when the non ST holders show up
  • I had a count up and I reckon there are about 11000 tickets in home areas available. if this is correct we have sold about 13000. I suspect it isn't that straight forward though. 
    Again whilst their is a price freeze season ticket holders last year still have their seat locked to them.

For example i can just go on the site and click renew and will get same seat as last year(doesnt look like im going to be able to atm) but until next friday that option is there, you will see alot more seats available next friday
  • 4730 sold so far
  • I think 4730 is wrong . 10000 or thereabouts .
  • Sponsored links:

• 4,730 sounds more likely than 10,000 to me, but I have absolutely no idea and am pretty confident we won’t know until existing ST seats are released on the 1st of July.
  • If we sold 6,000+ last season, I'm willing to stick my neck out here and call bullshit on 4,730.
    Unless it's an additional 4,730.
  • clb74 said:
    4730 sold so far
    In the North stand 
  • Covered end
  • If we sold 6,000+ last season, I'm willing to stick my neck out here and call bullshit on 4,730.
    Unless it's an additional 4,730.
    Seems unlikely we'll sell fewer STs than last season although it maybe some are waiting, for whatever reason, to buy but will by 8 August.

If we'd sold 10k I'd have expected something on the OS to further push sales.

Then again we have no CEO and LDT just wants to go home and isn't interested enough or competent enough to make a decision.
  • 600 have been sold in the past 2 weeks, 123 in the last 4 days.

North Stand, particularly the lower, accounts for most sales over the last few weeks.

North Stand, particularly the lower, accounts for most sales over the last few weeks.

Where are you getting these figure from and what is the total sold so far?

How do those figures compare with those from previous seasons?

I'm just tracking every few days the changes in seat availability (not a perfect science and doesn't automatically mean 'sale', but its hopefully a decent measure). 

I only started the Wednesday following Wembley, so missed the first couple of days where i would have expected the strongest demand. But since that Wednesday (so just shy of 4 weeks) those available have reduced by 1,924. 61% of that has been North Stand, 18% West, 13% East, 3% Family (very few were available to start), 6% NWQ (ignore the roundings).

Given the earlybird deadline had already passed (before being extended) my best guess would be that at least 1,500 of that 1,924 would be fans who were not ST holders last season, and we are probably about 2,000 up so far on whatever last season's total figure.  

Like you, i suspect its still shy of 10k

• edited June 2019

600 have been sold in the past 2 weeks, 123 in the last 4 days.

I'm just tracking every few days the changes in seat availability (not a perfect science and doesn't automatically mean 'sale', but its hopefully a decent measure). 

I only started the Wednesday following Wembley, so missed the first couple of days where i would have expected the strongest demand. But since that Wednesday (so just shy of 4 weeks) those available have reduced by 1,924. 61% of that has been North Stand, 18% West, 13% East, 3% Family (very few were available to start), 6% NWQ (ignore the roundings).

Given the earlybird deadline had already passed (before being extended) my best guess would be that at least 1,500 of that 1,924 would be fans who were not ST holders last season, and we are probably about 2,000 up so far on whatever last season's total figure.  

Cheers AFKA
  • majority of last seasons st holders will renew - why wouldn't they? they were happy to pay for last years football and now a whole league higher.
  • Sponsored links:

Bit puzzled why you think 1,500 of the 1,924 would not be ST holders last season. I am sure there are a lot like me who held out last year until the last minute ( mid August) but have just done now Bowyer has signed before the next price increase. Ours were 5 on this logic 
  • Capacity is 27000

Less away end 3000

Less 6 blocks in west and east stands 3000 not available

Less 9000 still available from additions by stand on ST seat availability

Suggests 12000 sold max

Seem reasonable? Obviously doesn’t account for those areas greyed out to current ST holders which could lower this number if not renewed. 
  • redman said:

600 have been sold in the past 2 weeks, 123 in the last 4 days.

Bit puzzled why you think 1,500 of the 1,924 would not be ST holders last season. I am sure there are a lot like me who held out last year until the last minute ( mid August) but have just done now Bowyer has signed before the next price increase. Ours were 5 on this logic 
    Just my take on it. Given we had such an enjoyable home record last year and a positive season, I think it is highly likely that the vast majority of existing ST holders  would have decided to renew for next season before the Wembley decider. In which case I would have expected the majority of that to have secured before what was set out as the initial early bird cut as why wait and pay more if you are decided you will be renewing, and why not secure a known L1 price with the possibility of Champ football? You may well be different to that but I think everyone I know did.

you could also argue that if it is correct that existing ST holders who haven’t renewed are still showing as seats allocated on the system, then ALL the 1,924 changes are from new purchases (or maybe a few where existing ST holders who have switched seats are being double counted).

do you not agree?
  • Latimer said:
    Capacity is 27000

Less away end 3000

Less 6 blocks in west and east stands 3000 not available

Less 9000 still available from additions by stand on ST seat availability

Suggests 12000 sold max

Seem reasonable? Obviously doesn’t account for those areas greyed out to current ST holders which could lower this number if not renewed. 
    Seems a reasonable assumption, I would assume the closed blocks would be available for those wishing to pay on the day (with Red Card) if needed....ie like Doncaster...not suggesting we are going to make the PO's bye the way.
  • 60 sold (now shown on grid as unavailable) in last 2 days, 47 of those North Stand
  • edited July 2019

So...

Prices have now gone up to Champ level and those withheld ST holders from last season's seats have now been released.

Many more have been release than i expected.

there are now an additional  76 in East, 126 Family Stand, 438 North, 44 NWQ*, 318 West**

Total of 1002 extra

*160 were removed from sale in NWQ Block A on Friday (Trust comps?)
    ** 140 were removed from sale in East Block A on Friday (player comps?),

Club said at the Fans Forum last week it had sold just under 10,000 STs. From the Wednesday following the Wembley game, just over 2,000 STs were bought before the price change.  

With 642 now available in the North Lower, slightly questionable tactics imo putting out the 'hurry, less than 500 left in the North Lower' messaages a couple of weeks ago.

• I had a count up and I reckon there are about 11000 tickets in home areas available. if this is correct we have sold about 13000. I suspect it isn't that straight forward though. 
    It’s not, and it won’t be anywhere near that 
    Yes, maybe 10,000 sold - still about 50% up on last year and still over a month to go. I would think the numbers would significantly increase once the takeover is announced. Maybe a 15,000 ST total is possible.
  • Don’t think 15k of ST is likely, I would guess 12k max, with an average gate of 16k. Just guessing tho. 
  • Fans Forum was told approximately 9.5k season tickets sold
  • what are the new prices?