Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

guess who's scored for Bolton this p.m.

Keep up Lincs! :wink:
  • Options
    Macronate said:

And on Ince, has the club had a change of philosophy?

I thought we only signed injured players.

Roland won't buy anymore treatment tables.
  • Options

Peter Kay
  • Options
    Sure its been said before, feel sorry but hopeful for the lads. They gave everything out there.
    Its a setup.
    Sad...
  • Options

Can’t believe the Sunderland fans didn’t make a wall of noise after falling a goal down after 10 minutes against the slick footballing machine of Charlton Athletic.
    Why the 30k of them aren’t right up for it after back to back relegations from the Prem and having a 12.30 kick off on the telly in this delight of a league is not enough of a reason to be screaming your mad passion for the lads means they are a disgrace .
    The Roker Roar is turning in its grave .

I think that's their 4 win in over two seasons.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Peter Kay
    Have it.
  • Options
    Taylor and Pratley would under normal circumstances not have started. We had run out of legs by 70 mins with nothing on the bench to give. Pearce out massive injury for us. Ince will have to be signed now I think although he seems weeks away. Right footed CB coming in and GK. its just not enough. We’re going to struggle.
  • Options
    Louis Mendez quotes, Rohan Ince wont be singing for Charlton.
    Have we started a choir?
  • Options
    Pigot scores for the Wombles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can’t believe the Sunderland fans didn’t make a wall of noise after falling a goal down after 10 minutes against the slick footballing machine of Charlton Athletic.
    Why the 30k of them aren’t right up for it after back to back relegations from the Prem and having a 12.30 kick off on the telly in this delight of a league is not enough of a reason to be screaming your mad passion for the lads means they are a disgrace .
    The Roker Roar is turning in its grave .

Defo. Remember being there in early 90's as had uni mate who was a fan. Big League Cup match with Gabbiadini, Gates and Bennett for them. The Roar was continuously 90 mins. Now silenced.
  • Options

Keep up, Lincs .... it was commented on by several about an hour ago. :smile:

• Options
    From today's game I think Taylor and Pratley are very good signings.
    Looking at the bench confirms we are weak as a squad.
    We desperately need to sign a couple of decent players asap to keep us in contention until others are fit.
    But with Roland still here I won't be holding my breath.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    One-nil up away from home at half-time live on TV. Time to stick a score on a 2-1 defeat. You can, literally, bank on it.
  • Options
    Thought Sunderland were really poor and we looked good for a while.

Second half our midfield completely overrun and whilst Aribo has got some lovely touches thought he went missing in defensive duties as did others.

Thought Page had an awful game.
  • Options

One-nil up away from home at half-time live on TV. Time to stick a score on a 2-1 defeat. you can, literally, bank on it.

One-nil up away from home at half-time live on TV. Time to stick a score on a 2-1 defeat. you can, literally, bank on it.

to lose in the 6th minute of injury time. specially when the time was accrued cos of injuries to our players .. TV is not our favourite media is it
  • Options
    As most agree, we looked good first half, especially Aribo, Taylor, Grant and Lapslie but second half Pratley looked the busiest, just how the game went. Could see with about 20 minutes to go we would not hang on, but knew, apart from Sarr, he would not have had the confidence to bring on any of the youngsters and why bring on Ajose, he is off this week isn't he?
  • Options

Have we started a choir?

Pity. He has a wonderful voice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On holiday in California, so woke up knowing that the football and cricket would already be over. Decided that if I could only have one win out of the two I hoped it would be the cricket.
    Saw 2-1 and thought it wasn't too bad. Clicked on it, saw 90+6 and it just felt so predictable.
    I understand those posters saying they want to take a season off. It feels like it's going to be one long ordeal.
  • Options

Have we started a choir?

Yes, a very small one.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

Scoham said:

Sage said:

Don’t feel much other than acceptance.

Before I start with Charlton, I’ve got to say the Sunderland fans were awful, in the sense if they made no noise until they scored, and when they did they were so loud, can you imagine what they could’ve been with good support behind them? Not surprised they have been on such a decline.

I thought the 3 at the back worked really well to be honest. We looked a threat in the first half and though we were the better side. But then we started to tire and you could see Taylor, Grant, Pratley, Lapslie, Pearce, Marshall all tiring on 60 minutes but we had no one to bring on. It was late in the game that we fell apart and we just lost momentum, anything going forward and dropped deeper and deeper until it was a matter of time.

The lads done all they could and you could see they had nothing left in the tank. But we desperately need players because bare bones is the only way I can put it. It’s even worse if Pearce is injured, we have no one left.

Onto the next one, this is going to be a harsh season.

What 3 at the back? We played a back 4?
    I assure you we played 3 at the back, and to be honest I thought it was very clear to see throughout the game.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Marshal Aribo Pratley Page
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Bowyer even said the same, they worked on it yesterday morning for the first time.
    Not how I saw it. Lapslie may have been the 1 behind the front 2 but certainly looked like 4 at the back to me.

Sage said:

Scoham said:

Sage said:

Don’t feel much other than acceptance.

Before I start with Charlton, I’ve got to say the Sunderland fans were awful, in the sense if they made no noise until they scored, and when they did they were so loud, can you imagine what they could’ve been with good support behind them? Not surprised they have been on such a decline.

I thought the 3 at the back worked really well to be honest. We looked a threat in the first half and though we were the better side. But then we started to tire and you could see Taylor, Grant, Pratley, Lapslie, Pearce, Marshall all tiring on 60 minutes but we had no one to bring on. It was late in the game that we fell apart and we just lost momentum, anything going forward and dropped deeper and deeper until it was a matter of time.

The lads done all they could and you could see they had nothing left in the tank. But we desperately need players because bare bones is the only way I can put it. It’s even worse if Pearce is injured, we have no one left.

Onto the next one, this is going to be a harsh season.

What 3 at the back? We played a back 4?
    I assure you we played 3 at the back, and to be honest I thought it was very clear to see throughout the game.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Marshal Aribo Pratley Page
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Bowyer even said the same, they worked on it yesterday morning for the first time.
    No way. It was a 4-3-1-2 with Lapslie playing behind the front two.
    Guys, it was 3. Bowyer said it himself live on Sky! :joy:
    Fair enough, just seen Bowyer's quote. Can see how it was, we didn't have a clear left midfielder, and Marshall tracks back well whether he's a wing back or midfielder.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b65bee1ec4a6/bowyer-on-opening-day-defeat-injuries-transfers-in-and-the-travelling-fans
  • Options
    Glad to see Rotherham are doing well in their new league.
  • Options
    Game was lost by defence dropping deep, opening gaps for their mediicre players to run into. Groundhog Day.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

And Golfaddick makes a really good point about Taylor and Pratley. Taylor, in particular, was clearly exhausted that last 20 mins. What's the point of having Ajose and H-F on the bench and not using them in such circumstances.

Because Ajose doesn't hold the ball up or defend set pieces.

And as it stands, Reeco is too lightweight to do Taylor's job effectively.

For once, we are just going to have to disagree.

Taylor was out on his feet for the last 20 minutes. He was a passenger. No criticism of the guy, he's done brilliant to get through 70 minutes.

I agree with you about Ajose but surely both him, and H-F, if nothing else could run around and make a nuisance of themselves? If they did nothing else, it would have been more than Taylor did in the last 20 minutes.

Leaving an exhausted player on, no matter how bad his possible replacements, is crazy.
    I agree with you in principle, Fortune - we were crying out for fresh legs. ....... but Bowyer's had a game plan, the team are set up in a certain way and each player must integrate in that.

Bringing on players that need a different system to perform can disrupt the team shape and discipline, leaving holes in the team all over the park. Bowyer must have felt it was a better chance to stay with what he's got rather than change and risk any disorganisation. It's a mental game too.

It's a gamble - unfortunately, that gamble failed with just 60 seconds remaining of added time.
    Another day, he may well have got away with it.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Scoham said:

Rob7Lee said:

Did better than I expected nearly holding out for a point.

The game was lost on player availability when we needed fresh legs in the middle we had no options, none at all - can’t fault Bowyer today.

Good effort from the players to no avail. Lapslie May grow but not up to this division, we’re an injury (or a player sale) away from a very very tough season.

Ward, Dawkins & Ince.............should have been signed up this week & in the squad today. If LB isn't allowed to sign them then just say so & stop pissing them about.

I'll keep saying it - LB is an appeaser. If you can't be a manager under these circumstances then say so. Stop dicking about with "it is what it is".
    Ince is injured. Ward couldn't changed anything. @LouisMend is going to write up the comments from Bowyer on Dawkins - maybe Roland simply hasn't allowed the deal to be done.

Can't see why he won't sing for us just because he's injured :wink:
  • Options

We aren't doing that bad we're 18th in the table out of the relegation zone thank Christ.

Especially as we've only 45 games left.