Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

Did better than I expected nearly holding out for a point.

The game was lost on player availability when we needed fresh legs in the middle we had no options, none at all - can’t fault Bowyer today.

Good effort from the players to no avail. Lapslie May grow but not up to this division, we’re an injury (or a player sale) away from a very very tough season.

Ward, Dawkins & Ince.............should have been signed up this week & in the squad today. If LB isn't allowed to sign them then just say so & stop pissing them about.

I'll keep saying it - LB is an appeaser. If you can't be a manager under these circumstances then say so. Stop dicking about with "it is what it is".
    You'd rather we had no manager?
  • Options
    Said this on the match thread that we just need to try and get through the first 6-7 weeks until players come back.

Not looking great though, JFC out for the season 48 hours before the first game, Solly patched up, Pearce taken off injured. No midfield cover, no centre back cover if Pearce is out and Sarr has to play, and Ajose is obviously off as well.

Can't fault the team but slight criticism of Bowyer that he didn't make a change in the last 10 minutes. Taylor looked dead on his feet so i don't see why he couldn't have brought Ajose or RFH on. If you can't play Ajose because he's about to be sold then what's he doing on the bench?

Gutted at the last minute defeat but wasn't surprised as you pretty much expect it with this club. Were lucky to still be level anyway after Sinclair somehow missed a sitter from 4 yards. No idea what the game plan was second half but Taylor and Grant were anonymous after running them ragged in the first half.
  • Options

And Golfaddick makes a really good point about Taylor and Pratley. Taylor, in particular, was clearly exhausted that last 20 mins. What's the point of having Ajose and H-F on the bench and not using them in such circumstances.

Because Ajose doesn't hold the ball up or defend set pieces.

And as it stands, Reeco is too lightweight to do Taylor's job effectively.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Didn’t watch it (first time I’ve not watched a televised game since I’ve supported Charlton) - better result than I anticipated....this Cnut has broken me. - it’s got to the point that I can’t muster any enthusiasm until he goes.
  • Options
    For me, the jury is still out as to how good a manager Bowyer will be. But, following on from the two play off games today's game is confirmation that he is utterly clueless when it comes to making effective substitutions.
  • Options
    Our lack of options on the bench cost us that point, as by the end we just ran out of legs.

Page was really struggling in the second half, while Pearce had been limping even before he went off. Pratley needed subbing as well.

Was impressed with Grant, Taylor, Aribo and Lapslie though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Terrific performance. The players diidn’t ‘try hard’ but played well and very, very, very unlucky over the 90. Comments should be in this game only? We were good /- Grade A. The future is slightly different with squad numbers etc....
  • Options
    Aribo was class above
    Taylor looked very good
    Prately an excellent enforcer

Lapslie or Phillips are not up to this level

We need at least 5 professional players and we can do something
  • Options
    Despite our small squad, players on the pitch were strong. Penalty should have been red. We dropped deep and fell apart 2nd half. Gutted.
  • Options
    I feel really sorry for LB and the players, they gave everything and I thought some of the football in the first half was excellent.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Magennis just scored for Bolton.

Goodnight

Guaranteed wasn't it lol.
  • Options
    We run out of legs,simple as that,agree with since i was young,tackle on Pearce was a straight red,so guy who got winnershould not have been on the pitch.also thought first goal was poor from Phillips point of view,although the guy should not have been allowed that space.
  • Options
    Just to rub it in Josh Has scores for Bolton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn’t watch it (first time I’ve not watched a televised game since I’ve supported Charlton) - better result than I anticipated....this Cnut has broken me. - it’s got to the point that I can’t muster any enthusiasm until he goes.

And that is genuinely sad.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Lapslie or Phillips are not up to this level

Harsh to judge them so quickly.
    Very few footballers become star players on their full League debut or with only 8 League games under the belt.

IMO they will be perfectly decent for this level, but their inexperience sometimes shows.

And how do they get experience? ..... Of course, only by playing.

• Options
    Overhit corner, no first touch from the Sunderland player but they're allowed to recover and get a cross in to a man no one picked up.

We did nothing in the second half.

Roland Out.
  • Options
    Any news on Pearce?
  • Options
    I’m just so fucked off that I’m not fucked off with that result!

I predicted 2-1 Sunderland I think in the predictions, they are a lame mob and we are a dying football club .
    Son was in a cricket tourney at Ampleforth College all week and it’s 60 odd miles from Sunderland’s ground and I drove home last night rather than stay up for the game .

Watched the game once we’d all finished dancing around after England beat India in the test and me and 3 sons (one son has zero interest in football) were all going mad when Taylor slotted home the penalty come the end they weren’t as distraught as they have been in the past , I think my apathy is rubbing off on them .

Really feel for those legends (lunatics) who travelled the distance to be cruelly beaten so late they still have the bug but I’m just pretending now to keep the kids interested .

We are a joke club beyond all jokes .

0% Top two ............ 10% 3rd-6th .......... 70% 7th-12th ........... 19% 13th-20th ........ 1% Relegation

100% Roland Out
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If we play like that most of the time, will we make at least the play offs?

Very possibly. But maybe not quite. But we won't be in a dog fight. If we go down I will shout Allah Akbar! Ha ha banter. Only joking. Lol.

But we do have is much more of a togetherness that we didn't necessarily have in 15/16.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Rob7Lee said:

Did better than I expected nearly holding out for a point.

The game was lost on player availability when we needed fresh legs in the middle we had no options, none at all - can’t fault Bowyer today.

Good effort from the players to no avail. Lapslie May grow but not up to this division, we’re an injury (or a player sale) away from a very very tough season.

Ward, Dawkins & Ince.............should have been signed up this week & in the squad today. If LB isn't allowed to sign them then just say so & stop pissing them about.

I'll keep saying it - LB is an appeaser. If you can't be a manager under these circumstances then say so. Stop dicking about with "it is what it is".
    Ince is injured. Ward couldn't changed anything. @LouisMend is going to write up the comments from Bowyer on Dawkins - maybe Roland simply hasn't allowed the deal to be done.

What’s LM using, a slate board, hammer & chisel?
  • Options
    On 12 hour dayshift, came in at 14.25 after working on some plant, saw 1-1 thought that isn't bad, then it changed to 2-1...then result..Effing club of ours....read some match reports even Sunderland's sounds like we deserved a point and again lack of scoring a second when on top has undone us again.