Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Lee and Jacko. You won't be able to change much, but maybe a more positive mindset in the players (and in the crowd) will turn our form around.

Appointing them is a no brainer really, everyone knows a takeover is imminent, whether during this season or in the summer, so it would be pointless appointing someone permanent that the new owners might not want. I'm sure Lee and Jacko will be excited to get this chance too. In a way they've nothing to lose, we're unlikely to go down, and if we miss the playoffs nobody will blame them.
  • Options

what would be fucking hilarious is if we nicked a play off spot and oxford were relegated.

Don't much care about Oxford. At least we are 12 points above a relegation spot, which should mean we are safe.
    I suspect the 3 points Gobby gifted them might be useful.
  • Options
    Grumpy said:

You can't be anything but supportive with these two Charlton legends, and it should bring about a great atmosphere on Saturday. We now live in hope that Roland does complete the sale quickly. Onwards and upwards.

Wouldn't call Bowyer a legend
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

£10 to the upbeats if we get promoted to the play offs. I'm not a wealthy man and have a young family but I'm willing to bet their breakfast cereal for a month that these guys whoever is in charge by the end of the season won't get us promoted into the playoffs.

It's not to say I don't think they'll do well, but Karl's legacy will last until at least the end of the season.

Edited to give the upbeats more of a chance.
  • Options
    agim said:

Grumpy said:

You can't be anything but supportive with these two Charlton legends, and it should bring about a great atmosphere on Saturday. We now live in hope that Roland does complete the sale quickly. Onwards and upwards.

Along with Rob Lee he is the best teenager I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    He's a legend in my book.
  • Options
    Ditto -Stevie - but don't forget Paul Walsh - he was magic
  • Options

Really wouldn't look too detailed into this as a long-term solution. Increasingly convinced this is a 1, 2 games at most agreement.

Yep.
    The new owners whoever they may be will want to install their own manager.

Rightly so as they are the ones putting up the cash.
  • Options

Really wouldn't look too detailed into this as a long-term solution. Increasingly convinced this is a 1, 2 games at most agreement.

Reckon he'll be in charge till after Easter Monday.

With Northampton on Good Friday, it means we've only four days from Monday to try and get Harry Kewell (if it is him) in as Manager - That'll take a day or two, meaning he wont be ready for the Northampton game, and if it takes long enough, then he probably wont be ready to take charge till after Rotherham that Monday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think some of the anti Kewell vitriol on this forum has been well OTT, and I’m deeply shocked.
  • Options

agim said:

Grumpy said:

Along with Rob Lee he is the best teenager I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    I think Gomez was/is better than Bowyer.
  • Options
    I don't know enough about him as a coach/manager to judge. IF he is appointed I'm sure most will give him a few games to 'bed in'. In reality, the season is over. We won't go down and we are not good enough to go up. The close season will give him (or whoever) the opportunity of putting together a squad that is geared to getting us out of this league.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

agim said:

Grumpy said:

Hahaha
  • Options
    se9addick said:

agim said:

Grumpy said:

Both quality.
  • Options
    Bowyer was a fine young player for us, but I don't think he stayed long enough to gain "legend" status
  • Options

Bowyer was a fine young player for us, but I don't think he stayed long enough to gain "legend" status

Fair enough it's all about opinions.
    Alan Simonsen
    George Costa
    Both legends to me
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I think some of the anti Kewell vitriol on this forum has been well OTT, and I’m deeply shocked.

Defending him before he even arrives.
    Impressive
    Cheers mate.
  • Options
    I don’t think the players will want to argue with Bowyer. He a fiery little fxxxker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

agim said:

Grumpy said:

Better then Parker?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    VFR is going to be massively belted out on Saturday I feel.

Feels like we've got one step in the door of having our Charlton back today
  • Options
    Don't care what formation they use on Sarurday, or even who plays, so long as we get 3 points.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

EastStand said:

If Bowyer lacks the required coaching badges what about Euell? Is there any reason he wasn't given a chance? Just asking because I bloody love him.

He turned down the chance to become manager after the caretaking period. Wanted to stay with the U23s.
    He's such a good man :love:
  • Options
    If Australians buy us and appoint a manager on the basis that he’s an Australian, I suspect we remain ‘in the shit’.
  • Options
    masicat said:

If Australians buy us and appoint a manager on the basis that he’s an Australian, I suspect we remain ‘in the shit’.

Paul Elliott as chairman says otherwise for me
  • Options

agim said:

Grumpy said:

Totally agree with the playing comment Legend is banded around easily these days though
  • Options
    masicat said:

I can't really see why they would do that. Normally a foreign owner appoints a compatriot in a senior position as a way of overcoming cultural differences. Apart from the Irish I doubt there is another country that's more culturally similar to us than the Australians.