Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options
    Really hope these 2 can fire the boys up, send us on an amazing end of season run and get us into the playoffs. Get the job permanently then Surely .
  • Options
    At Charlton we never do anything the easy way

For the First time under Rolands ownership (Powell et al was already there) we have proper Charlton managing the team

Play off here we come

Keep the Faith
  • Options
    It's a decision that had to be made, let's hope it works out for all parties. As it stood, we where going nowhere, but now, who knows, maybe Lee and Jacko can give this team the kick up the arse that they require and maybe , just maybe we could get the momentum to reach the play offs. Stranger things have happened and until the take over actually happens, it's the best option available.
  • Options

So is Jason Euell, our U23 manager actually more qualified than both Jackson and Bowyer?

Possibly, but he may not have wanted the main gig, under the circumstances and at this moment in his career. It is what it is imo
    Also, this could only be for one game, IF the take-over is "imminent" and JE may be quite happy to continue in his role as u23 manager under the new owner?
    Jason has been joint caretaker before, better to keep his U23 ticking along than risk being thrown out under a new owner.
  • Options
    nothing to lose, playoffs have been a dream since Xmas, we were never going to get them, but we until we mathematically cant i wont discount them, a win on Saturday would be somewhere to start.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

It's about time Richard Murray came out and told us the truth of what is going on behind the scenes so we all know and are not in the dark like we have been for months!

The truth would likely be so bizarre that nobody would believe him!

There is a takeover in the offing, a sizeable wedge of money involved, and NDAs all over the place - there's nothing he can tell us about the truth.
    He could use a proxy...
  • Options
    Let's get grant back aswell please
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I'm struggling to understand how some people think that this is a decision that has intentionally been made that is for the best for the club / giving us the best chance of the play offs.

This has happened for one reason and one reason only; Robinson wants away. We could have lost the next 5 games 8-0 and Robinson would still be our manager if he wanted to be.

yeah, I worded my comment which sounded as if it was a decision made by the club. "a gamble that needed to be taken" which is wrong. it was made by Robinson leaving, it was not a decision by someone at the club. as you say he would still be here if he wanted to and no one would of sacked him.
    anyway for me I see this as a good thing as this way we might actually turn this ship around. we will have to wait to see if it has any effect on the team. I hope so and I hope for the better. I couldn't see Robinson ever being able to change it with his passed record and the fact that he has resigned shows me that he had possibly run out of ideas anyway (it certainly has seemed that way for many months now). either that or he's got a better job lined up.

also the decision to hand it to bowyer was again nothing to do with the club it was just we needed someone to fill the space left so you give the job to the next bloke down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Lee and Jacko , behind you both 100% proper charlton
  • Options
    I wish Bow and Jacko all the luck in the world ! They could well get thus lot going !!!
  • Options
    Good luck guy's... you're going to need it!!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    After all we've heard over the last week or so, Robinson had to go. I would love to see Bowyer and JJ do well. They are in a decent position in which nobody expects much but with a minor miracle they could somehow salvage something from this season.

Whatever happens I'm glad we don't have to listen to another one of Robinson's post match interviews.
  • Options
    I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about what to write - about either Bowyer and Jackson being appointed, or about Karl Robinson's departure.

I... I don't actually think I care. That is where this regime has driven me. I don't care enough to try and form an opinion right now.

And it breaks my heart.

Roland Out.
  • Options
    The monkeys change but the organ grinder stays the same :-(
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about what to write - about either Bowyer and Jackson being appointed, or about Karl Robinson's departure.

I... I don't actually think I care. That is where this regime has driven me. I don't care enough to try and form an opinion right now.

And it breaks my heart.

Roland Out.

Never mind mate, give us a kiss!

Quote from crowd, Norwich v Charlton, late 60’s.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    FFS its not about the Manager/Head Coach its ALL about RD ----if he is the owner NO one will succeed ---NO ONE. We need a whole new management structure.
    CEO
    CFO
    Operations Manager ---yes Toxic Tony thats u
    PR -----elbow Pitch PR and their sleepers still there

Only a new owner with the pockets to do the above and invest in the squad will be able to give the new full time manager a chance.

If RD is still here next season we are terminal
  • Options
    Good luck Lee and JJ a win on Saturday could kick start this crazy season again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JE has just finished doing his pro license! Class of 2017
  • Options
    Hopefully Bowyer & Jackson can light a bit of fire in the squad, eliminate the powder puff nature created by Robinson, as thanks to how weak this League 1 is this year we are incredibly still in with a shot of nicking a play-off spot.

Nothing to lose for the caretakers but everything to win, lets make the most of the chance that we could still start under new owners in the Championship, COYR!
  • Options
    PWR so apologies for any duplication...

With no active owner, club on the block, no CEO, etc., we had little chance of attracting top talent as a permanent replacement - of course there would have been plenty applicants desperate to get 'back in the game', but that's all.

So in that context, having caretakers makes sense, and I'd be as happy as Larry if Bo & Jacko could turn things around. But comparisons with Curbs & Gritty are premature - those two started in very different circumstances, in terms of expectations and on-pitch momentum. In 1991, most of us would have settled for a 19th place finish as long as The Valley return was secured, and any grumbles and frustrations were mainly around the latter. Of course, C+G exceeded those expectations handsomely, but it would have helped that they were not expected to perform miracles.

Now, however, it's a bit different. There are plenty here (inc. me) who will hope - if not 'expect' - that we can turn things around quickly and still make a run at the playoffs. Plus, if the current players haven't been performing for Karl, are his lieutenants going to be able to transform the mood?

Lastly, the masterstroke with Curbs & Gritt was to bring in Keith Peacock. It meant having a wise old head around, and also a fresh, but known, face - helpful in not just being business as usual. A call to Curbs in order?
  • Options
    JJ and LB will do nothing. That is not a personal attack, but just fact.

Dont let the fact they once played for Charlton distract from the real situation here. They are taking on their first 'management' stint, under the ownership of RD, with an injury ridden squad and players that are simply nothing more than mediocre.

There is huge pressure on them to get us into the play offs.

There is huge pressure on them for us not to fall into a relegation battle.

Bowyer confirmed at a recent meet and greet he hadn't even met, let alone spoken to RD.

There is no money. Huge doubts and concerns over future ownership and probably their jobs.

So when you take all that into consideration, tell me why they are going to achieve the impossible?

Like all the other managers, caretaker managers, returning managers and their assistants before them, these two are walking into nothing more than an absolute mess of a club and they both know that. They should have refused to take on the position until RD had sold up and forced his hand.
  • Options
    Add Curbs to that and its a case of our last four promotions having been won by ex Players
  • Options
    braydex said:

JJ and LB will do nothing. That is not a personal attack, but just fact.

Dont let the fact they once played for Charlton distract from the real situation here. They are taking on their first 'management' stint, under the ownership of RD, with an injury ridden squad and players that are simply nothing more than mediocre.

There is huge pressure on them to get us into the play offs.

There is huge pressure on them for us not to fall into a relegation battle.

Bowyer confirmed at a recent meet and greet he hadn't even met, let alone spoken to RD.

There is no money. Huge doubts and concerns over future ownership and probably their jobs.

So when you take all that into consideration, tell me why they are going to achieve the impossible?

Like all the other managers, caretaker managers, returning managers and their assistants before them, these two are walking into nothing more than an absolute mess of a club and they both know that. They should have refused to take on the position until RD had sold up and forced his hand.

Calm down mate. I think a bit of positive thinking would not go a miss right now.
    2 fresh brains, who have a great relationship with the players. No one is expecting playoffs now, so they have nothing to lose.

Some one give this man a kleenex!
  • Options
    Bowyer probably should register as a player. Still a classy passer. Would add some grit too.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Add Curbs to that and its a case of our last four promotions having been won by ex Players
    All trends have to end.
  • Options
    Good luck to them both. Hope we pull some results out of the bag but fully expecting to tread water.
  • Options
    Hope it works but I'm so used to false dawns now.