Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

3blokes said:

Well, this is going to be interesting.
    Whatever Bowyer is or isn’t, he knows football at a good level. If he and Jackson can man manage well, then there might be a sudden upturn in our fortunes.
    I am not entirely convinced this is going to happen, but equally it also wouldn’t surprise me if we now get in the playoffs.
    This move looks like a gamble. But I now reckon I picked the wrong week to bet on a hefty away win

Not sure it's a gamble - that would indicate forethought.

This is a combination of cutting costs by replacing internally without increasing headcount/payroll and preparing for sale. None of which is a footballing decision.

That said, of course I'll get behind Lee and JJ.
    Actually, Bob, what you say sounds absolutely right, what was I thinking, suggesting there is any thought process coming down from on high.
    If he HAD thought about it, he would have put Driesen in charge.
    But we have to hope that he is far too busy dancing, or focusing on the remaining ‘98.5%’ of his business interests to give a flying fuck what is happening with the first team.

• Options

Might be wrong, but I am not sure Lee Bowyer would be allowed to take charge permanently as I don’t think he has the required coach badge.

This is just a temporary appointment - until the ownership changes anything can happen. I thought Lee had done his coaching badges?
  • Options
    msomerton said:

To appoint these two is a decision made by force of circumstance, that is no recognised football manager would come to are club. It will all end in tears for them and us fans.

Plenty of recognised football managers would definitely want to come and manage our club, but the fact is that RD won't want to pay a recognised football manager so not much other option really.

A promotion from within it is and then we'll see what happens with the takeover.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dave2l said:

Are they taking the press conference today?

@Dave2l According to the OS - yes.
  • Options
    Robinson has not been in the right frame of mind to take charge of the team for weeks as he has gradually wanted out until he hit a breaking point so was probably being a stupid tosser in the dressing room which didn't help

Another reason why we might pick up results now that he is no longer a problem and the bowyer jacko era could be a short but sweet one.

The rubbish has been cleared out.
  • Options
    So is Jason Euell, our U23 manager actually more qualified than both Jackson and Bowyer?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Bad move. Jackson will be manager on his own next season. Bowyer will be nowhere. IMO.

The only logical move without causing waves. Bowyer was assistant manager and JJ first team coach. Both have been promoted.
  • Options
    Why not Jason Euell been far better!
  • Options
    Let's hope they can inject some passion and care back in for the last few games. All isn't lost for a play-off spot but it is becoming a real struggle with every passing moment. Good luck Lee and JJ. The fans are behind your team and not the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Dave2l said:

Are they taking the press conference today?

According to the OS - yes.
    Friday
  • Options

So is Jason Euell, our U23 manager actually more qualified than both Jackson and Bowyer?

Possibly, but he may not have wanted the main gig, under the circumstances and at this moment in his career. It is what it is imo
  • Options
    Hopefully, they pick up a couple of wins before the end of the season and provided some momentum for next season.

I wish these two the best of luck, we’ve got some big games left this season. If they could get some big wins against Shrewsbury, Blackburn, Rotherham etc then these no reason why they shouldn’t be added to the short list after the takeover.
  • Options

Might be wrong, but I am not sure Lee Bowyer would be allowed to take charge permanently as I don’t think he has the required coach badge.

This is just a temporary appointment - until the ownership changes anything can happen. I thought Lee had done his coaching badges?
    I believe he’s got a B licence, which is OK for centres of excellence, but not an A licence which allows you to be a manager or coach in the professional game - according to the PFA that typically takes two years to achieve. I think that's why he was “assistant manager” not first-team coach and may be why the story yesterday coming out of the club was that Jacko would be in charge.

As you say, it’s temporary and so the rules don’t apply, but it would mean he couldn’t continue if successful (without getting an A licence).
  • Options

Possibly, but he may not have wanted the main gig, under the circumstances and at this moment in his career. It is what it is imo
    Also, this could only be for one game, IF the take-over is "imminent" and JE may be quite happy to continue in his role as u23 manager under the new owner?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I believe he’s got a B licence, which is OK for centres of excellence, but not an A licence which allows you to be a manager or coach in the professional game - according to the PFA that typically takes two years to achieve. I think that's why he was “assistant manager” not first-team coach and may be why the story yesterday coming out of the club was that Jacko would be in charge.

As you say, it’s temporary and so the rules don’t apply, but it would mean he couldn’t continue if successful (without getting an A licence).
    What level of coaching licence do Euell and Jackson have? I'm doing my Level Two soon, might throw my name in.
  • Options

What level of coaching licence do Euell and Jackson have? I'm doing my Level Two soon, my throw my name in.
    I'd back you to get more points from our next 8 than Robbo managed in our previous 8! Can I be your number 2 please?
  • Options

What level of coaching licence do Euell and Jackson have? I'm doing my Level Two soon, my throw my name in.
    I'd back you to get more points from our next 8 than Robbo managed in our previous 8! Can I be your number 2 please?
    Deal.
  • Options
    All for giving them a chance and 100% support. They may lack in experience but they are both current/ex-pro's, who have worked under numerous managers and have a wealth of experience within the game.

I would imagine the players would have more respect for them, given they have been there and done it, unlike KR.

I'm hoping they are willing to try new ideas and are less stuck in their ways. I'd be gutted if I turn up on Saturday to the same dross we have witnessed in recent months, with the same overused and unfruitful formation and further uninterested performances.

Let's see some of the passion that Bowyer and Jackson showed on the pitch, the drive to win and less of this pass it around at the back!

COYR let's get out of this shit division!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Things go full circle.

The start of a new era?

• Options
    However, wasn’t going Saturday, now I am. I also know a few others the same. Massive game now with Bowyer and Jackson having a single crack of the whip.
  • Options
    It's about time Richard Murray came out and told us the truth of what is going on behind the scenes so we all know and are not in the dark like we have been for months!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I've got my 50 meters breast stroke. Does that help? It will stop me drowning like every other manager has under this poisonous regeime.

• Options

I'm wondering who made the decision to have Bowyer and Jackson - seriously. I'm guessing Murray advised RD?

I’m guessing he just said to Murray “do what you want “
  • Options

They would both have A licences, I think. I’m not saying it means Bowyer isn’t competent, just that he’s not allowed to be permanent manager.
  • Options

It's about time Richard Murray came out and told us the truth of what is going on behind the scenes so we all know and are not in the dark like we have been for months!

The truth would likely be so bizarre that nobody would believe him!

There is a takeover in the offing, a sizeable wedge of money involved, and NDAs all over the place - there's nothing he can tell us about the truth.
  • Options
    Get them in till the end of season, then under the new owners we can build a new team along with a new manager. We've got nothing to realistically play for anyway, as going up would be terrible for us. No depth, not enough talent, and no direction. We need a summer of building and then a good season aiming for promotion.
  • Options
    The King is dead.
    Bring on Prince Lee and Johnnie
    Give the peasants some cheer
    Two knights up front
    With nine at the rear
    The green army from the west
    Are nearly here
    Grab that vest
    The enemy are near