Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options

Drop Mag.
    Play Zyro and Ajose in a 4-4-2.

You've got your first wish... He'll be playing for Northern Ireland this weekend.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Drop Mag.
    Play Zyro and Ajose in a 4-4-2.

Mag cannot play anyway, away with NI.
    Almost as good a news as Robinson leaving.
  • Options
    I now think we will win Saturday after today's events. It's a shame Robbo didn't leave a couple of games ago as then our play off chances would have looked a lot rosier with a few extra points on the board from the Blackpool and Fleetwood games. Beat Plymouth and we are right back in it. Our players are not great but they are better than the performances they have been putting in and Bow and JJ can definitely get more out of them. I'm now glad that I return from my holidays the day before the play off final.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Might be wrong, but I am not sure Lee Bowyer would be allowed to take charge permanently as I don’t think he has the required coach badge.

Maybe Karel Fraeye will sell them his UEFA Pro licence, he’s not using it at the moment. What a load of old guff this licence stuff is - I wonder how Shankly, Sir Alf, Clough etc ever got on without all this nonsense.
    They were all people managers who knew how to get into the players' heads, not coaches - Sir Alex the same.
  • Options
    So how do we think Bowyer and Jackson can change things up? After all they were part of the coaching team under Robinson so must have to take some responsibility for the performances.

I'm not too fussed about formation, at the end of the day that's only how you tend to set up when you're off the ball - it's what you do with the ball that is more important. What I feel we need to is try and pressure teams and push players up the pitch, currently we just sit deep with a slow moving ball allowing other teams to easily pressure us and force us into mistakes or losing the ball.

Hopefully Jacowyer can get our players to play with more confidence and directness, we certainly should have the talent to threaten teams in the final third. In our current situation I would rather we played well and lost 3-0 then got battered all game and lost tons late goal.

However all that is easier said and done, after all whatever you say about the quality of league one, our players are still going up against other gifted professionals who won't just roll over and let Charlton win.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Lee Bowyer was one of my first contemporary Charlton heroes (i.e. about the same age as me). I vividly remember him as a skinny youngster when he broke into the first team, running around with his gloves on. I was gutted when he left us.

I have a strangely good feeling about this. Best of luck, Lee.
  • Options
    Don’t forget that Lee was the original premier star of the future that we got to see.
  • Options
    cazo said:

I no from inside information lee b and jj thought Robinson was a right prick and to flash and didn't get on jj got on a little better by all accounts

So Bowyer was given the number 2 job at Cafc by Karl, and yet Lee thought he was a flash prick ? In the vernacular of football chat that may even be a compliment.
  • Options
    Bowyer and Jacko are not the best option, they are not the worst option- they are the only option as no one else would take the job with the club an abysmal laughingstock of English football
  • Options

No tears shed for Robinson. Won’t miss his incessant waffle or his poxy 4-2-3-1.

Wrong thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oakster said:

Might be wrong, but I am not sure Lee Bowyer would be allowed to take charge permanently as I don’t think he has the required coach badge.

Maybe Karel Fraeye will sell them his UEFA Pro licence, he’s not using it at the moment. What a load of old guff this licence stuff is - I wonder how Shankly, Sir Alf, Clough etc ever got on without all this nonsense.
    Moneys!! I got my Level 1 coaching licence but had to leave it as it so expensive to fund! I think the british FA have the most expensive courses & very few coaches compared to Europe.

Germany have quite cheap courses and loads of coaches and a blossoming football nation! Britain on the other hand...
  • Options
    There was a dirty seedy club in Goodge Street in the 70’s called Bojacks. Now we are a dirty seedy club run by Bojacks I’m starting to see a pattern.
  • Options
    they may only get a game if a takeover occurs very shortly.
  • Options
    Two of my all time favourite CAFC players! A win Saturday puts us right back in it, so you never know. No managerial experience required for 8 or so games, just the ability to motivate this lot.
  • Options
    Call me pessimistic but I can't see this ending well..
  • Options
    A busy morning but now attention switches to Saturday's clash against @Only1Argyle in SE7 #cafc

• Options
    Titanic hits iceberg but appoints ordinary seaman Bowyer as Captain and assures passengers all is well as they run screaming for the lifeboats.
  • Options
    Whatever the circumstances you've got to hope they are successful until the takeover is completed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I don't expect any miracle results to start happening under the new leadership of LB & JJ particularly with their first game against an in-form Plymouth.
    They have a very tough task just to get the players motivated again and I am hopeful they can do this now the constraints of playing under Robinson's stale match tactics have gone.
    I would be more than happy to see a return of every player displaying 100% effort every game until the end of the season regardless of the results. I have long since given up on the Play Offs as I believe we are just not good enough.
    Any serious long term recovery plans can only be worked on after the Belgium has gone which I hope will be soon.
    In the meantime I wish both LB & JJ every success during their time in the hot seat.
  • Options

Titanic hits iceberg but appoints ordinary seaman Bowyer as Captain and assures passengers all is well as they run screaming for the lifeboats.

Charlton compared to Titanic !
    Ever since the late 40's when we had a top side but the Glikstens decided to not make Cafc the Arsenal of south London we are the Woolwich ferry hitting icebergs.

Richard Murray part 1 of his tenure did try before his decision making sunk without trace.
  • Options
    Likely they will only be in charge for 1 game.
  • Options
    braydex said:

JJ and LB will do nothing. That is not a personal attack, but just fact.

Dont let the fact they once played for Charlton distract from the real situation here. They are taking on their first 'management' stint, under the ownership of RD, with an injury ridden squad and players that are simply nothing more than mediocre.

There is huge pressure on them to get us into the play offs.

There is huge pressure on them for us not to fall into a relegation battle.

Bowyer confirmed at a recent meet and greet he hadn't even met, let alone spoken to RD.

There is no money. Huge doubts and concerns over future ownership and probably their jobs.

So when you take all that into consideration, tell me why they are going to achieve the impossible?

Like all the other managers, caretaker managers, returning managers and their assistants before them, these two are walking into nothing more than an absolute mess of a club and they both know that. They should have refused to take on the position until RD had sold up and forced his hand.

Not exactly relevant 2 months past the transfer window.

Tell me how much money Shrewsbury have spent this season?
  • Options
    £10 to the upbeats if we get promoted. I'm not a wealthy man and have a young family but I'm willing to bet their breakfast cereal for a month that these guys won't get us promoted.

It's not to say I don't think they'll do well, but Karl's legacy will last until at least the end of the season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

£10 to the upbeats if we get promoted. I'm not a wealthy man and have a young family but I'm willing to bet their breakfast cereal for a month that these guys won't get us promoted.

It's not to say I don't think they'll do well, but Karl's legacy will last until at least the end of the season.

It sounds like the takeover could be done and dusted next week so I doubt they are going to get more than a couple of games anyway.
  • Options

Likely they will only be in charge for 1 game.

I thought the same about Karel Fraeye - to be fair, Bowyer has already done a better job.
  • Options
    You can't be anything but supportive with these two Charlton legends, and it should bring about a great atmosphere on Saturday. We now live in hope that Roland does complete the sale quickly. Onwards and upwards.