Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options

agim said:

Grumpy said:

You can't be anything but supportive with these two Charlton legends, and it should bring about a great atmosphere on Saturday. We now live in hope that Roland does complete the sale quickly. Onwards and upwards.

Wouldn't call Bowyer a legend
    Along with Rob Lee he is the best teenager I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    He's a legend in my book.
    Totally agree with the playing comment Legend is banded around easily these days though
    Fair enough.
    still love him though
  • Options

se9addick said:

agim said:

Grumpy said:

You can't be anything but supportive with these two Charlton legends, and it should bring about a great atmosphere on Saturday. We now live in hope that Roland does complete the sale quickly. Onwards and upwards.

Along with Rob Lee he is the best teenager I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    I think Gomez was/is better than Bowyer.
    Hahaha
    Gomez is half the age of Bowyer and has twice the number of England caps...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

agim said:

Grumpy said:

I think Gomez was/is better than Bowyer.
    Hahaha
    Gomez is half the age of Bowyer and has twice the number of England caps...
    England caps nowadays are handed out like confetti.
    Gomez by the way is quality
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think some of the anti Kewell vitriol on this forum has been well OTT, and I’m deeply shocked.

I’m not sure if this is tongue in cheek or not but if it isn’t then I agree that I am surprised at the negative comments but vitriol?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I think some of the anti Kewell vitriol on this forum has been well OTT, and I’m deeply shocked.

I’m not sure if this is tongue in cheek or not but if it isn’t then I agree that I am surprised at the negative comments but vitriol?
    Sorry, tongue in cheek.
  • Options

Really wouldn't look too detailed into this as a long-term solution. Increasingly convinced this is a 1, 2 games at most agreement.

We are all wondering how long this BJ thing will last, I fear it may be over all too quickly...
  • Options
    If Paul Elliott is indeed to be our new chairman, I would have thought he would have had a say in who was appointed. On that basis I would be happy with the appointment.
  • Options
    But let’s get through Saturday first. I really hope Lee and JJ get off to a great start and we have a good turn out to support them.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer’s first press conference as Charlton Caretaker Manager will be streamed live on Valley Pass from 9.30am on Friday morning.

It was announced this morning that Lee Bowyer would replace Karl Robinson. His first interview as Caretaker Manager is available here.

The live stream will be available here for Valley Pass subscribers from 9.30am on Friday morning.

22nd March 2018 18:06pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amazingly reminiscent of Curbs' speaking style.
    Must be a good sign.
  • Options
    Gotta a feeling we ain’t playing Karl’s formation Saturday.

Really looking forward to the game now.
  • Options
    Leggie
    Good luck Lee and Jacko,put the pride back into our club.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

ross1 said:
    Forgot how much of a geezer he is
    Forgot how bleeding old it makes me feel seeing someone I remember playing as a teenager with grey hair and wrinkles.
  • Options

I like Richard Rufus
    I like Stuart Balmer
    Big Carl Leaburn he's alright
    With a bit of help from David Whyte
    I like Mickey Salmon
    But the one I do prefer
    Is a little bit of Lee Bow Lee Bow Lee Bow
    A little bit of Lee Bow-yer
  • Options
    Love that combo of black shorts and home shirt. Should be the first priority for the new regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got carried along by the interview, then remembered this is the usual RD car crash. Suspect we will get turned over on Saturday.
  • Options
    from expecting a crap game with a crap finish I have a feeling that regardless of outcome we will see more effort and endeavour and certainly more and better attacking on display from us. Yes let’s get out of our cynicism and get behind the team on saturday win, lose or draw and in the depths of adversity you never know what may happen. At least Argyle wont know what to expect unlike if Robinson was still in charge.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Gomez is the best youngster we have produced ever, by a distance, and will captain England

Scott Parker, just had a dent in his career because he went to Chelsea.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited March 2018
    Good luck to them both. Can’t be any worse than what we’ve had. At least they’re Charlton through and through.
  • Options
    If he's anywhere near as good as our last manager from Canning Town, I'll be more than happy.