Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options

Have we got a keeper for saturday?

I do not know about Amos, but the club said Phillips is fit
  • Options
    Just watched his interview on Valley Pass. Came across very very well. Seems calm and has his own ideas. I hope the new owners give him a chance
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sage said:

se9addick said:

Sage said:

@The Red Robin just for clarification, Jason Euell has a Pro License which was achieved around this time last year I believe.

Is Euell the only qualified manager at the club?
    Currently I think so in terms of Pro License, unless Steve Avory has one? Jackson I believe may have his A License, we also have Keith Peacock too.
    I was think Avory might also.

Not sure Jackson or Peacock have their badges.

Are there limitations on what Bowyer can do as he doesn't have the correct certifications?
    Robbo may have had the correct certifications but he certainly had limitations.

For starters he obviously skipped most of the classes covering formations which is why he only ever played 4-2-3-1 until last week when someone showed him Roly's email to SCP detailing 4-4-2.
  • Options
    On what formation he will be playing, Lee Bowyer said:

"We will be exciting and competitive but I can’t tell you my formation because I might as well ring their manager and tell him."

I like the idea that we will be exciting and competitive.
    We haven't seen that for a while.

No point keeping your formation secret, Lee.
    Red Henry's already spilled the beans. :smile:

• Options

Just watched his interview on Valley Pass. Came across very very well. Seems calm and has his own ideas. I hope the new owners give him a chance

A chance at what ? He doesn't have the qualifications to be a full time manager, so the absolute most he can be given is until the end of the season, unless you mean a chance as Kewell's assistant ?
  • Options

A chance at what ? He doesn't have the qualifications to be a full time manager, so the absolute most he can be given is until the end of the season, unless you mean a chance as Kewell's assistant ?
    Pieces of the jigsaw?

Bow and Kewell have played and coached together before.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

"We will be exciting and competitive but I can’t tell you my formation because I might as well ring their manager and tell him."

Well Robbo announced his formation in advance at the start of the season.
    Then he kindly told them the team each game at least an hour before KO.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

But did he? Or is Bow playing a bluff and is going 3-5-2?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Oggy Red said:

But did he? Or is Bow playing a bluff and is going 3-5-2?
    Couldn't even guess if Bowyer is bluffing.

But Red Henry is rarely wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Love that combo of black shorts and home shirt. Should be the first priority for the new regime.
    Would be nice because after all our badge are those colours with a white trim! It would be excellent
  • Options

The emergence of Bowyer was the era when I had my season tickets, my unswerving devotion to the club. When Charlton was all that mattered. Funnily enough I never really took to Lee, despite his undoubted talent. However I wish him nothing but the very best.

Agree, Bowyer wasn't a loveable character back then, but he got stuck in and believed in his self. Can he get players who aren't as talented to perform ? So hard to call but 100% effort for 90 minutes would do for starters.
  • Options
    vff said:

Refreshingly down to earth no BS press conference from Lee Bowyer.

He came across well at the Bromley Addicks as well. I liked his Terry Venables story from the press conference.
  • Options
    Not enough passion : - )

I liked his low key, getting on with the job, approach without badge kissing or OTT statements.

More Curbs than Pardew so far.

But as with any manager "just win games"
  • Options
    I hope he succeeds. In the days before we disposed of managers like they were confetti at a wedding I always thought a manager should get time to prove themselves. Three years sounds right to me. Bowyer is likely to get one game with a beat up squad on the slide. At the Blackpool away game Bowyer was the one being vocal with the players not Robinson. The reality is that long term damage can't be fixed in a matter of days. The best we can hope for is new manager bounce.
  • Options
    Jacko seeing a career out of football perhaps.
  • Options
    I haven’t had the time to read this thread, so I presume this has already been covered.
    It’s possible that LB’s position will be secure under the new ownership but I really hope that JJ is retained on the coaching staff when hopefully this takeover is completed.
    He is Charlton through and through and has a heartfelt connection with the fans.
    My guess is the majority of Addicks feel the same way.
    In the meantime let’s get behind Lee Bowyer and JJ and hope for a minor miracle.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I liked his low key, getting on with the job, approach without badge kissing or OTT statements.

That's your 'Manager' thread equivalent of WIOTOS isn't it. I get what you mean, but it's slightly reductionist. We'd never have anything to waffle on about if we all took that approach.
  • Options
    Watching him as a young lad playing for us was a pleasure going to watch him as his first manager role seems the right thing to do looking forward to heading down there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

JamesSeed said:

That's your 'Manager' thread equivalent of WIOTOS isn't it. I get what you mean, but it's slightly reductionist. We'd never have anything to waffle on about if we all took that approach.
    Not at all reductionist.

It's about not being diverted from what actually matters by nonsense such as "passion" or "possesion".

As you know other teams often complained that Jimmy Seed's 1930s team were "lucky" because they played counter attacking football so had less possession or shots. But he won games. End of.
    I guess you have to do what you have to do to achieve your goal, promotion in our case. We'd all love to do it with a bit of style though.

But yeah you're right, I'd take promotion right now, even if we'd played in the Wimbledon style to get it.

Passion can help though, as can possession, but of course it's no guarantee of success.
  • Options

Just like Curbishley and Lawrence you mean and they seemed to do ok.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Well Robbo announced his formation in advance at the start of the season.
    Then he kindly told them the team each game at least an hour before KO.
    Think you will find each team has to submit their team sheets an hour prior to the kick off.
  • Options

I don't think CE is writing Bowyer off because he doesn't have the badges, he is merely pointing out that he is not allowed, according to the rules, to be made full time manager without them.
  • Options
    What a start!!
  • Options
    Well done to him. Cracking start. Let's see how he does until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer
  • Options

I don't think CE is writing Bowyer off because he doesn't have the badges, he is merely pointing out that he is not allowed, according to the rules, to be made full time manager without them.
    No reason why he can't take his badges in the summer presuming he doesn't already have some form of coaching qualifications.
  • Options
    Lord Bowyer's Red and White Army !!
  • Options
    Just got a good feeling about bowyer as manger fingers crossed