Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options
    Todd Rundgren at the Appollo 6 April 
  • Options
    Got a very good app awhile back, GigAlert, can follow bands/artists for latest tours, even pub appearances for smaller bands 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Quite looking froward to Massive Attack at the O2 tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Going to see the Wailers at Indigo 02 -  not sure if any original members will be there.

I saw the at Le Mans in '99, they were superb.
  • Options
    The amazing Joy Formidable at The Garage tomorrow 
  • Options
    The Stranglers at Brixton Academy Friday 22nd March is my next one.
  • Options
    Within Temptation tonight at the House of Blues in Boston. 
  • Options
    Got tickets for Alice Cooper and The Stranglers at the O2 in October.
    Wife has nixed this one so delighted when my daughter said she was up for it
    Born and raised in Bournemouth, can't wait to take her my old manor.
    Will take in Greenwich Park, the Maritime Museum, the Observatory and the Cutty Sark then catch a bite to eat and somewhere nice to drink before the gig.
    Nothing better than spending time with my baby girl (even when she's 28  :) )
  • Options

Shame about the new album, really dissapointing. Still should be a good show for you.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:

Shame about the new album, really dissapointing. Still should be a good show for you.
    Agree. A couple of decent tracks, but not one of their best.  They do a good show though and it’s a smallish mostly standing venue, so should be good 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got tickets for Alice Cooper and The Stranglers at the O2 in October.
    Wife has nixed this one so delighted when my daughter said she was up for it
    Born and raised in Bournemouth, can't wait to take her my old manor.
    Will take in Greenwich Park, the Maritime Museum, the Observatory and the Cutty Sark then catch a bite to eat and somewhere nice to drink before the gig.
    Nothing better than spending time with my baby girl (even when she's 28  :) )
    If you're eating in one of the O2 restaurants, make sure you book a table about one month in advance.
  • Options
    FOCUS at The Beaverwood Club, Chislehurst, on Thursday March 21st.
    Am eagerly looking forward to baroque and roll from the Dutch Masters.

terrific band .. but that pic reminds me off the Monty Python 'Hells Grannies' sketch
  • Options
    Mod band French Boutik on at the Pelton Arms tonight - not seen them before but their videos on YouTube look pretty good. 

• Options
    Done Tangerine Dream at the Barbican Wednesday night, ….could have been the next day as well ,went on for ever, nothing more to add zzzzz .
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Done Tangerine Dream at the Barbican Wednesday night, ….could have been the next day as well ,went on for ever, nothing more to add zzzzz .
    Saw them at the Albert Hall in the 1970s. Felt the same as you and left halfway through the show (well, I thought it must be halfway but perhaps they did a four hour set).
  • Options
    Got tickets for Shed Seven at Brixton Academy in December, can’t wait.
  • Options
    Mod band French Boutik on at the Pelton Arms tonight - not seen them before but their videos on YouTube look pretty good. 

Really enjoyable last night and free - Pelton Arms is a really good local venue.
  • Options
    Have caved in under huge pressure from my 14 year old daughter and bought three tickets for her , a friend and myself to see Duck ( or whatever he is called )at the 02 on 2 April . Unfortunately no one else can take them and I am lumbered with it as they are under 18 . Never been to a gig before and put on headphones to listen to other music on an iPhone or Walkman but there is always a first . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    George Ezra

Just took my daughter to see him at the O2 - a lot better than I expected. A very engaging frontman and really impressed by his vocals. 
  • Options
    ashley said:
    Have caved in under huge pressure from my 14 year old daughter and bought three tickets for her , a friend and myself to see Duck ( or whatever he is called )at the 02 on 2 April . Unfortunately no one else can take them and I am lumbered with it as they are under 18 . Never been to a gig before and put on headphones to listen to other music on an iPhone or Walkman but there is always a first . 
    Presume you mean Drake. 
    'ello my darlins
  • Options
    I am going to see George Ezra at the O2 tonight, no idea what to expect. My last gig at the O2 was Jeff Lynnes ELO, more my era and style
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Now, I’m a soul and funk purist so I went to see James Brown’s trombonist Fred Wesley for the third time in all, but the first time at The Hideaway in Streatham, and who should I see on the way out? Only Sir Chris Powell. Had a 10 minute chat with him. Nicest bloke in the world of course.
    Saw him a few times years ago. Once with Maceo Parker, Pee Wee Ellis, Bobby Bird, Marva Whitney and others from the JB's.
  • Options
    ashley said:
    Presume you mean Drake. 
    No I meant Duck but easy to confuse Ducks and Drakes I agree 
  • Options
    ashley said:
    ashley said:
    Presume you mean Drake. 
    No I meant Duck but easy to confuse Ducks and Drakes I agree 
    Am I being whooshed ? Probably am. It's definitely Drake isn't it ?
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    I am going to see George Ezra at the O2 tonight, no idea what to expect. My last gig at the O2 was Jeff Lynnes ELO, more my era and style

Just to say left early as George Ezra live done nothing for me
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    Sark99 said:

Just to say left early as George Ezra live done nothing for me
    Given that all of his songs are the same I’d say that you did the right thing.