Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

Comments

• Options

The things we do for love.
    2.5 hours this morning trying to get Spice Girls tickets for the Mrs on Sat 15th June.
    No joy, so they added an extra date on the Friday. Still no joy, so they added another date on the Thursday.
    Deep joy, got tickets at just under £150 each :smile: & :-(

Worth it at half the price just to leer over baby spice.
    Have you seen her recently?
    Are you honestly saying you wouldn’t?
  • Options
    Gary Numan & The Skaparis Orchestra , Shepherds Bush Empire , Numan was Imperious , he is clearly on a roll following the success of his last album , a great night and the twist of Orchestra backing him really enhanced the sound of the Band .
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

Gary Numan & The Skaparis Orchestra , Shepherds Bush Empire , Numan was Imperious , he is clearly on a roll following the success of his last album , a great night and the twist of Orchestra backing him really enhanced the sound of the Band .

A guy I work with went to this show, said it was excellent. His brother was one of the violinists in the orchestra so he had quite an evening with VIP seats and backstage access too.
  • Options
    Anyone got Tears for Fears tickets?
  • Options
    Saw The Damned in Brighton on Monday. They've got better over the past year. One for the old punks among us, Johnny Moped as support.
  • Options

Anyone got Tears for Fears tickets?

In Brighton
  • Options
    edited November 2018

The things we do for love.
    2.5 hours this morning trying to get Spice Girls tickets for the Mrs on Sat 15th June.
    No joy, so they added an extra date on the Friday. Still no joy, so they added another date on the Thursday.
    Deep joy, got tickets at just under £150 each :smile: & :-(

Worth it at half the price just to leer over baby spice.
    Have you seen her recently?
    No.

Just googled her, she looks like a young Sherri Hewson!

I'd still give her a prod.

• Options
    Saw Pete Tong and the Heritage Orchestra at the O2 last night. Stunning show, absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    Went to see Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday. Fantastic mix of Housemartins. Beautiful South and some of their later stuff. This was the last gig of 3 and it was absolutely brilliant. Have seen them 3 or 4 times recently and they never disappoint. RAH is such a cracking venue for live music, proper acoustics inside.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Went to see Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott at the Royal Albert Hall on Wednesday. Fantastic mix of Housemartins. Beautiful South and some of their later stuff. This was the last gig of 3 and it was absolutely brilliant. Have seen them 3 or 4 times recently and they never disappoint. RAH is such a cracking venue for live music, proper acoustics inside.

Agreed about RAH, great venue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Spanish said:

Bloody expensive though!
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Spanish said:

Bloody expensive though!
    Missus wanted Prosecco which they didn't have. They did have Champagne tho at £14 a glass. 3 glasses later ..... :-(

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I was at Hammersmith last night for one of the best gigs I have been to.

I have seen The Human League many times, they are probably one of the best 80's bands for a live gig.

I do not normally go and see a support band but the support for last night was absolutely top drawer, Midge Ure playing with his new band Electronica.

The last time I saw Midge Ure was for an acousic gig in Chatham about ten years ago, in from of about 400 people. Last night 85% of the crowd were there to see the support, he was absolutely fantastic in his (too short)45 minute set.

I think it is criminal that he did not get a knighthood with Geldof for the work he done with Band Aid.
  • Options
    I Was there too , I agree Midge Ure was excellent , I was saying to my mate that I have never been to a gig where the Support got such a great response , and to top it all a Brilliant set from the Human League .
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

I Was there too , I agree Midge Ure was excellent , I was saying to my mate that I have never been to a gig where the Support got such a great response , and to top it all a Brilliant set from the Human League .

100%

Last night's gig was easily the best attended of the previous ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

fadgadget said:

100%

Great gig but again too many with phones out rather than being in the moment. Had hoped for a couple of Rich Kids numbers from Midge but still a great set
  • Options

fadgadget said:

100%

Great gig but again too many with phones out rather than being in the moment. Had hoped for a couple of Rich Kids numbers from Midge but stay great set
    Had forgotten Midge was in the Rich Kids.
  • Options
    Saw Glen Matlock in the noughties, complained about my Rich Kids T-shirt having shrunk on first wash back in the day. He played one of their tracks, dedicating it to me :)
  • Options

fadgadget said:

100%

Great gig but again too many with phones out rather than being in the moment. Had hoped for a couple of Rich Kids numbers from Midge but still a great set
    I was hoping you would have got an hour from him, but an amazing 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Went to see my friend play lead guitar in his band the Smoukdering Boulders last night in a pub in marlow. They only play around 3-4 gigs a year and despite knowing him for 25 years or so I’ve never seen him play before.

I was dancing from track 2 was knackered when they finished after the hour set. Then after a 15 minute break they did another 45 minutes. All blues and rock and roll. Great little gig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter Murphy and David J last night in Brixton.
    Half of Bauhaus, celebrating 40 years.
    The Goth King still reigns even at 61.
  • Options
    Saw Cast on Saturday night at the Kentish Town Forum, really good.

Good support by a band I have never heard of before Stillia
  • Options

I saw The Editors at The Dome in Brighton last night. It's about the eighth time I have seen but that was an outstanding show. If you've got a ticket for the Brixton Academy tonight, enjoy it!

Fixed it for you!! (Sorry for being pedantic but it really keeps me awake at night!). Editors are a great band live and play pretty much always in small venues (except festivals). Saw them in October at UEA Norwich for probably the 7th time whilst I was back in the UK and saw 'James' in Dubai Tennis Stadium (next to Irish Village) on November 22nd, just excellent.
  • Options
    Saw Razorlight at the 02 Forum last night following the recent release of their first album in 10 years.

They were surprisingly good visually live with excellent crowd participation. Johnny Borrell really does have a great voice. 8/10.

Shout out to a good support band called Airbourne.
  • Options

Saw Razorlight at the 02 Forum last night following the recent release of their first album in 10 years.

They were surprisingly good visually live with excellent crowd participation. Johnny Borrell really does have a great voice. 8/10.

2 good and contrasting bands
  • Options
    Relived my YOUTH at Razorlight last night as well - Borrell was superb
  • Options
    Alabama 3 tonight. Not for the first time and hopefully not the last.
  • Options

Saw Razorlight last night too. Never been my cup of tea if I'm honest but a friend asked me along. Glad she did because they were really good. Borrell seemed genuinely thrilled and happy that the crowd were so into it. Haven't heard a singalong at a gig like that in a quite a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    It always worry‘s me when I hear about the audience participation. I don’t mind a couple of minutes but any longer I get pissed off. I think Thunder are a great band but they go overboard with the amount of audience participation: clap yer hands, stamp yer feet, sing this or that etc. If I wanted audience participation I’d go to a pantomime or to a Black Lace concert for Agadoo.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

It always worry‘s me when I hear about the audience participation. I don’t mind a couple of minutes but any longer I get pissed off. I think Thunder are a great band but they go overboard with the amount of audience participation: clap yer hands, stamp yer feet, sing this or that etc. If I wanted audience participation I’d go to a pantomime or to a Black Lace concert for Agadoo.

The singing along was fine, it was just for the big hits. Its twats who watch the whole gig through their phone while they're recording it that get on my nerves. Whats the point of that for the sake of blurred video with shitty sound that they'll only watch once