Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gig spy

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options
    Thought I'd join the OMD love in, though not been too any of the current shows (not a big fan of larger venues) here's a couple of shots I took from the first time I saw them at Hammersmith November 1980.

Think Winston might still have been with them on stage at this time.  Seen them many times over the years probably my favourite was in 2013 at  the Roundhouse when they were supported by my music hero John Foxx (and the Maths).

Great pictures , i was at the Roundhouse with john Foxx , Also see Foxx at the Garage a couple of years later , such a small Venue for a Artist like him , i was at the bar watching and each time the Bass Synth kicked in bottles and glasses Started to vibrate and move all over the place.   
  • Options
    Thought I'd join the OMD love in, though not been too any of the current shows (not a big fan of larger venues) here's a couple of shots I took from the first time I saw them at Hammersmith November 1980.

Think Winston might still have been with them on stage at this time.  Seen them many times over the years probably my favourite was in 2013 at  the Roundhouse when they were supported by my music hero John Foxx (and the Maths).

I was at that one too. Just after the second album had been released and Enola Gay got them really well known.  I think you're right and Winston was still about, but they had a drummer too.
  • Options
    OMD - en norsk biografi
  • Options
    The Hubbard's at Colours in Hoxton Square for me this evening. Pretty good show.

New venue who probably want to sack their sound man. Took him at least 3 songs to get the mix right, the band were getting pretty pissed off.

He also cut the second support act (Fiona Lee) off halfway through her last song!
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Went to see Madeline Bell at the Cadagon Hall last night. She was absolutely fantastic…what a voice! She was joined on stage with the original members of Blue Mink. Luckily I went to the after show party and had a chat with her. A lovely lady too.

• Options
    Saw The Hives at Eventim Apollo last night. Gotta say it’s probably the best gig I’ve ever been to. Wasn’t a massive fan before and went with no real preconceived ideas but f*** me, what an outstanding show. Howlin Pelle oozes charisma and had the audience eating out of his hand. Right size venue too (5000) for them.
  • Options
    Mods Mayday next Sunday at the 229 club. The Chords, Purple Hearts, 9 Below Zero, Squire plus others. My mate's band, The Rage have also got together again for it. Rick Buckler is doing a Q&A.

Have a spare ticket if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    Mods Mayday next Sunday at the 229 club. The Chords, Purple Hearts, 9 Below Zero, Squire plus others. My mate's band, The Rage have also got together again for it. Rick Buckler is doing a Q&A.

Have pm'd you @DaveMehmet