Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options

It gets to a point where the posts fall an deaf ears and that is where CARD or anyone else that posting about how the club is run lose all credibility with other fans and in the end just get there back ups.

Where are CARD posting ?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

It gets to a point where the posts fall an deaf ears and that is where CARD or anyone else that posting about how the club is run lose all credibility with other fans and in the end just get there back ups.

Where are CARD posting ?
    One of those red cylindrical boxes with a slit at the top mate on the corner of a street more often than not. Sorry I'll get my coat :blush:
  • Options

Selling our decent youngsters to an average Championship outfit. What a fucking shambles we are.
    A couple of decent results changes nothing.
    These people are vermin and need to be driven out of OUR club.

When you say 'average outfit' on this thread I wholly disagree. We are one of the smaller Clubs playing at Championship level, however, when it comes to Wagner and his coaching Team's footballing ethos and how they develop and maximise ability out of individuals.

We are to be considered a fantastic Club for a Player to develop and granted, probably be sold to Clubs with more money. Average no way.

With the exception of Scannel maybe, Wagner has made all our Players better since he arrived (some of them like you wouldn't believe) and yes many were 'average' at best or on their way out of the door under previous Management.

THD has made a long-term excellent career move and he will be thinking beyond Huddersfield Town.
    Average Champ team at best, in your eyes only are you not :expressionless:
    If you took the time to read my post you would see the point I was making. Just a lazy response on your part.

This thread is about THD and he has made a good move to a Club that is not average in terms of Player development. Far from it.

That is why Clubs such as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are trusting Huddersfield Town with the development of some of their stars of the future.

I don't want to de-rail the thread , however i have read your other points. In your opinion you are a good choice for THD, my comment was more the view of your club from my point of view.

FWIW i have no problem with Udders, just your comment regarding that you are a fantastic club and THD has made a excellent career choice by going to you, this is incorrect (my opinion of course). It has already been pointed out he will be a back up , so he will be in no greater position than he was here.

Anyway good luck to him, i do not feel he was given much of a chance for us and he has left so no hard feelings either way
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Selling our decent youngsters to an average Championship outfit. What a fucking shambles we are.

When you say 'average outfit' on this thread I wholly disagree. We are one of the smaller Clubs playing at Championship level, however, when it comes to Wagner and his coaching Team's footballing ethos and how they develop and maximise ability out of individuals.

We are to be considered a fantastic Club for a Player to develop and granted, probably be sold to Clubs with more money. Average no way.

With the exception of Scannel maybe, Wagner has made all our Players better since he arrived (some of them like you wouldn't believe) and yes many were 'average' at best or on their way out of the door under previous Management.

THD has made a long-term excellent career move and he will be thinking beyond Huddersfield Town.
    If you took the time to read my post you would see the point I was making. Just a lazy response on your part.

This thread is about THD and he has made a good move to a Club that is not average in terms of Player development. Far from it.

That is why Clubs such as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are trusting Huddersfield Town with the development of some of their stars of the future.

I have no issue with Huddersfield and what I experience of the club below first team level is a club, like Charlton, that takes that level of it's structure seriously. Our two clubs have had good encounters at that level recently.
    Good luck to you this season, I hope the more fickle Town fans have tolerance with THD.
    We have our own problems to worry about, and to me it is not fitting to diss Huddersfield in any way at this time.
    Thanks for this post and the best wishes, have been keeping an eye your start and you will will top 6, minimum at the end of the season.

I was purely trying to make the point that we are pleased with this signing and in my opinion, he is in a great environment to develop as a Player. I have no doubt he is viewing Huddersfield Town as a stepping-stone.
  • Options
    You can't say that on here - stepping stone - its a Belgium invention and shouldn't be spoken of in these parts
  • Options

See Roland. It's possible to hold on to young talent.,it's happening under your nose.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Team for Saturday then:

Russell Slade in goal to make the target smaller.
    Olly Groome left back.
    S. Adamson right back.
    'Chopper' Cliff Eager central defender.
    Alongside Roger Johnson for the verbal instructions.
    Chris Parkes deep lying midfield doing all the spadework.
    Sue Parkes in the Reza role right side midfield telling everybody else what to do.
    Tony Keohane forward lying midfielder pulling all the strings, the wrong way.
    David Joynes left side midfield in an undisclosed role.
    Roland Duchatelet as the deep lying forward.
    Katrien Meire, centre forward, captain and penalty taker, lots of photo opportunities there.

You only need eleven players.

The above's training video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQWD6mUXZ7w
  • Options

seth plum said:

Team for Saturday then:

Russell Slade in goal to make the target smaller.
    Olly Groome left back.
    S. Adamson right back.
    'Chopper' Cliff Eager central defender.
    Alongside Roger Johnson for the verbal instructions.
    Chris Parkes deep lying midfield doing all the spadework.
    Sue Parkes in the Reza role right side midfield telling everybody else what to do.
    Tony Keohane forward lying midfielder pulling all the strings, the wrong way.
    David Joynes left side midfield in an undisclosed role.
    Roland Duchatelet as the deep lying forward.
    Katrien Meire, centre forward, captain and penalty taker, lots of photo opportunities there.

You only need eleven players.

The above's training video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQWD6mUXZ7w
    Mr Wobbly Man: what a nonce.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I don't want to de-rail the thread , however i have read your other points. In your opinion you are a good choice for THD, my comment was more the view of your club from my point of view.

FWIW i have no problem with Udders, just your comment regarding that you are a fantastic club and THD has made a excellent career choice by going to you, this is incorrect (my opinion of course). It has already been pointed out he will be a back up , so he will be in no greater position than he was here.

Anyway good luck to him, i do not feel he was given much of a chance for us and he has left so no hard feelings either way

Point taken and to be fair, my wording could have been better. I guess I more mean that putting Clubs aside (Charlton or Huddersfield) and purely looking at the move the Player has made.

I cannot comment on your set-up in terms of Player development and thus I have no basis to state if this move is better or worse for him.

What I can say though is that Huddersfield Town are starting to get a good reputation in the game for the style of football played and a good place to develop as a Player thus in my opinion this is a good move for him for these reasons, and these reason alone (our standing as a Club doesn't come in to this).

He will get a chance to play first Team football and is not joining a Team / Club full of 'Billy Big Bollocks' professional footballers (or stars). He is joining a 'humble' hard working group of Players and Manager / coaching staff. Edited: Andy Hughes is very popular with the Players and fans up here, his contribution has been and is significant.

Our training sessions are not for every Player either, plenty of them staggered throughout the day which has been critical in terms of our much improved fitness levels and some late goals scored this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    It may be a bit early to get too excited about Huddersfield. Relative to us, yes but this time last year we were near the top of the Championship!
  • Options
    @LeedsbasedTownfan will he play much first team football? Isn't Lowe doing well for you at left back?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Jeez, when did you say your wife's back Elfs?

Have a day off mate. Post your views but please give up the obsession with other posters, cheers

He was a real grumpy bastard all day yesterday Dan . . . . . . . . . he must be missing her, aah!
    You're joking, I'm having a great time.

I asked her to bring an odd shaped(like you) beer glass back from Brussels to add to my collection, I'll know in a few hours.
    * STOP PRESS*

Charlton activist who is protesting by not going to home games and refuses to give the regime any more of his money, sends wife on a spending spree to Belgium!

When RD was interviewed on this shocking news he replied:-

''you English bastards get out of our country!''

:wink:
    Al..........my beloved is Brasilian!

Try again mate.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

@LeedsbasedTownfan will he play much first team football? Isn't Lowe doing well for you at left back?

Loewe is out and out quality, we have unearthed a real talent with Him so my initial answer is he won't.

However, Wagner likes to rotate Players and thus THD will get a chance, probably as sub to start with.

There is then the potential for any suspensions, injuries etc.

THD will get some game time.

• Options
    edited August 2016

It may be a bit early to get too excited about Huddersfield. Relative to us, yes but this time last year we were near the top of the Championship!

My posts on this thread have been about THD, I have made no reference to our current league position, you have!.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yes, I have. Not meant to be rude - we don't have anything to shout about - just a new unproven manager having a good start isn't really anything new. I hope Huddersfield continue their good form. Comment was merely a reference to where we were last season, nothing more. Wagner may be the new messiah. In all honesty, I don't know much about him.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Have a day off mate. Post your views but please give up the obsession with other posters, cheers

He was a real grumpy bastard all day yesterday Dan . . . . . . . . . he must be missing her, aah!

I asked her to bring an odd shaped(like you) beer glass back from Brussels to add to my collection, I'll know in a few hours.
    * STOP PRESS*

Charlton activist who is protesting by not going to home games and refuses to give the regime any more of his money, sends wife on a spending spree to Belgium!

Try again mate.
    ''you bald fanny bastards get out of our country'' :blush:
  • Options
    Oh shit . . . . . . . . . is Brasilian!
  • Options

Yes, I have. Not meant to be rude - we don't have anything to shout about - just a new unproven manager having a good start isn't really anything new. I hope Huddersfield continue their good form. Comment was merely a reference to where we were last season, nothing more. Wagner may be the new messiah. In all honesty, I don't know much about him.

Fair does and not a problem! Thanks for the best wishes and I (and most) Town fans want the same now as we did before the season started. Just for once to not be looking over our shoulder at the relegation places. Hopefully this season we can achieve that.

I also think in many ways we are comparable Clubs, I suspect many of your fans will not agree here!.

You relatively pleased with your start?, expectations?.
  • Options
    This League is poor which gives us a chance - Slade has signed some good players at this level, but a few injuries and if we don't address a midfield that needs strengthening and we might stay here longer than we want to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

* STOP PRESS*

Try again mate.
    ''you bald fanny bastards get out of our country'' :blush:
    Ffs
  • Options

This League is poor which gives us a chance - Slade has signed some good players at this level, but a few injuries and if we don't address a midfield that needs strengthening and we might stay here longer than we want to.

It's a strong league on paper League 1 with the Teams that are in there. I agree though, this season does not seem as strong.

You have signed some good Players and will be in the shake-up come May.

Same as us though, squad strength in depth a challenge. We have a few key injuries and we won't half feel it.

Your Newcastles and Villas for example just draft in a £10m Player that doesn't even start regularly.

Re Midfield we have too many, some really good ones too!..Don't be surprised if you see a Town Player on loan 'linked' to the THD deal..........
  • Options
    We're need smaller squad for ligue Un. T H-D never really made his mark and we need the dough. Fox will do a better job.
    Reality when ST sales 50% down, TV money 90% less. Just hope for the best.
  • Options

We're need smaller squad for ligue Un. T H-D never really made his mark and we need the dough. Fox will do a better job.
    Reality when ST sales 50% down, TV money 90% less. Just hope for the best.

I think regardless of what is going on off the pitch, on it you can expect to be in with a good shout with a straight bounce back.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    This is who THD has gone to work with, a former professional footballer and a man with a degree in human biology who focuses closely on both the science side of things, but also on a style of play honed at Dortmund for years. For all of us that were unhappy with this move, Hudds are currently top of the league and personally I'd love to play for Wagner:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/09/huddersfield-david-wagner-no-electricity-no-beds-football-championship
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

This is who THD has gone to work with, a former professional footballer and a man with a degree in human biology who focuses closely on both the science side of things, but also on a style of play horned at Dortmund for years. For all of us that were unhappy with this move, Hudds are currently top of the league and personally I'd love to play for Wagner:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/09/huddersfield-david-wagner-no-electricity-no-beds-football-championship

Certainly doing things a bit differently and it seems to be working right now. The acid test will be in March to May - can they keep up the intensity or have they been worked too hard too early and will burn out.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

This is who THD has gone to work with, a former professional footballer and a man with a degree in human biology who focuses closely on both the science side of things, but also on a style of play horned at Dortmund for years. For all of us that were unhappy with this move, Hudds are currently top of the league and personally I'd love to play for Wagner:

Certainly doing things a bit differently and it seems to be working right now. The acid test will be in March to May - can they keep up the intensity or have they been worked too hard too early and will burn out.
    True, though I would say results are only part of the equation. Wagner comes across as very articulate and is clearly well educated as a person and as a coach, including having tutelage under Klopp, one of the best coaches in the game at the moment. With that, I would expect Wagner to make players better. For all we talked about THD going there to be second choice (though Wagner mentions he likes rotation), if I were THD my top priority from a footballing perspective would be getting better, and there are some managers who can make you better on the training pitch even if you don't see a minute of game time.
  • Options
    on a season long loan at Pompey and suffered knee injury last Saturday, out for 4 months

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40874288
  • Options
    That's bad luck for him

I had been surprised he'd taken a loan move to L1
  • Options

That's bad luck for him

I had been surprised he'd taken a loan move to L1

Why? What'd make a championship club want him? He's hardly ever played at that level and hasn't set the world alight anywhere.