Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley Protests.

Comments

• Options

As it's Burnley perhaps we should go retro for the day to commemorate our FA Cup triumph! I doubt the stewards will allow wooden rattles in but CARD could do some cheap caps, which may or may not end up on the pitch!!!

That's a great idea we could all wear black and white.....................Oh, hang on a minute :open_mouth:
  • Options

Just reading through about the Burnley comments and sanctions we should get if the match is delayed / abandoned. Surely either would be of benefit to Burnley. If the game is delayed, they could have 10 minutes+ at the end of the game to know what result they need, so an advantage to them over Boro and Brighton. If the game is abandoned and the league deem there is not enough time to replay it due to scheduling off play off etc.. then they would have to award a three-nil win to Burnley. So why all the comments about sanctions etc???

Cos they is thick.
  • Options
    Floyd said:

If you want real press coverage and nostalgia for the old Charlton then link up with Burnley fans. Today is the 69th anniversary of our FA cup victory. Protest around that gives room for them to celebrate this year unlike then AND allows Addicks plenty of room to make the point.
    This will have more and wider appeal than getting the game abandoned and keeps all in the ground involved.
    It gives gravity to the "we want our Charlton back" meme being employed, adds to the previous protests made and allows a different media angle on the cause adopted by the fans.

Because burnley fans are thick bnp voting scum. I'm up for the usual early disruption as this leaves a level playing field with Brighton and boro. Let the game flow to be fair on all teams and then in the 93rd minute if the game is over cause another delay. I would love a full scale pitch invasion at full time but it won't hsppen
  • Options
    At full time the fans should do a well earned lap of honour!
  • Options
    Is it me or are burnley looking for excuses? They don't really understand why we are protesting and they would do the same if the shoe was on the football.

They don't realise that the protests will not influence the game, they need to play two wingers, get balls into the box and they wi take the 3 points
  • Options
    Foot not foot

Is it me or are burnley looking for excuses? They don't really understand why we are protesting and they would do the same if the shoe was on the football.

They don't realise that the protests will not influence the game, they need to play two wingers, get balls into the box and they wi take the 3 points

Foot not football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Floyd said:

To be honest - reading these pages it looks like (quote from Burnley fans forums) a school boy plot to go steal stuff from a tuck shop. WCA - and I think Fiiish confirms this - a lot of the comments on here are whipping up everyone to be brave enough to do x, y and z when the big day comes.
    I ask a simple question - how does support the team and not the regime fit into everything we read on here. I suppose that doesn't come into it now we are relegated.
    Then there is the question of legality. Throwing a flare on the pitch is illegal. WCA correctly makes the point about weight of public opinion and media backing.
    Why jeopardise that? We hold the moral high ground. Don't throw it away.
    By all means protest, that is the right established by hundreds of years of English Civil Laws.
    Protest with an element of humour and creativity has and always will be more effective.

I have sympathy with the Burnley fans. Hell - there was collaboration with the Brighton fans. It wouldn't take much for CARD to make simple and effective contact with the Clarets fans groups (and don't forget the support they received as they were about to drop out of Div 4 or whatever it was then called). We would have their sympathy and that contact could alleviate their concern and possibly gain their backing.

Adult behaviour and utilising the business skillsets purportedly possessed by those who run CARD should make the last day of the season a memorable and effective day of protest.

So sick and tired of that line. Yes the ownership is shite but the majority of that squad have been so piss poor all season they have to be held accountable for this relegation too, more than half of them do not deserve our support.

• Options
    25May98 said:

Why do we not like Burnley?

We were all friendly with Brighton and I know there is history there but many seem to really dislike Burnley. Just curious to know.

There's been a lot of shittiness from their supporters on Twitter which has turned me off them to be honest.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

25May98 said:

Why do we not like Burnley?

We were all friendly with Brighton and I know there is history there but many seem to really dislike Burnley. Just curious to know.

There's been a lot of shittiness from their supporters on Twitter which has turned me off them to be honest.
    It's turned me off Twitter...
  • Options
    Blucher said:

I entirely agree with WestCountryAddick and Floyd. Let's keep the protests lawful, creative and humorous. I am fully supportive of the protests against the regime, all of which have been planned and executed with a great deal of panache. Together with the expertise of Airman and Matt Wright, that's one of the reasons they've attracted such a huge media profile.

I am, however, completely opposed to any attempt to get the game abandoned. It would, as others have said, surrender the higher moral ground, seriously dilute the goodwill that we currently enjoy in the world of football and feed Meire and Duchatelet's insidious propaganda. I also happen to believe that we should respect the integrity of the competition, as well as Burnley and their supporters. How would we feel if the boot was on the other foot ?

Agree with this

• Options
    If Burnley lose on Saturday and both Brighton & Boro win, a draw between the latter two in the last game would put Burnley in the playoffs regardless of the result against us.
  • Options
    Hope nobody needs a shit at the game cos there sure as hell ain't gonna be any bog rolls in the johns!
  • Options
    is the game a 12.30 KO ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    During the arpetheid era and the Springbok tour of NZ the protesters arranged for a small plane to circle Eden Park during a test match and drop a sack of flour on the pitch. Highly effective and still talked about today.

In a previous game against a provincial side, Waikato, anti-apartheid protesters stormed the pitch and formed an immovable group of a couple of hundred and the match was called off.

These tactics seem a bit basic in this day and age but a squadron of drones
    hovering over the pitch might do the trick.
  • Options
    Tie our scarves into balls and throw them. Can't ban us taking them in and I for one won't be needing mine again for a while.
  • Options

Or just win a corner
  • Options

If there is a chance of other games kicking off the second half later, just do the disruptions all in second half.

Isn't the idea to get 9-10 added minutes in the first half, forcing everyone else to wait for our half time.
    Then same in the second half.
  • Options
    Card will (I presume) do their usual and provide us with ammunition to throw on the pitch at the beginning of the game. Then it is down to every Charlton fan to bring in something to repeat this at the beginning of the second half. I have a few sponge balls, water balloons (which I will be giving to the kids who sit near me) a blow up guitar tennis balls and some card for paper aeroplanes. If everyone brings one or two things we can have a bit of fun with this! :)

Safe to say I am wearing a big coat to hide all these things.

I also expect people to relcoate to the lower West. I will be doing so. So that we can all make a nice hostile environment for KM. I think our concentration should be on that.

#OccupyTheWestLower