Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    @PeanutsMolloy
    makes perfect sense as a punter what does a jockey ban do to you, also if you overuse the whip - which is my book and land a gold cup do you still recieve the prize fund? and just recieve a ban
  • Options
    The only caveat for me would be that the result stands for punters if they disqualify for overuse of the whip. Take the trophies and prize money away from the connections, ban the jockey, but we don't want a situation where jockeys can throw races by intentionally getting disqualified.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain how Shady McCoy carries 10-3 today at 4,45 newmarket in a 0-90 Hcap yet is also in tomorrows bunbury cup off 95. Im old and confused?
  • Options
    3 winners at Ascot today, £100 profit. 
  • Options
    3 winners at Ascot today, £100 profit. 
    You keep em to yourself mate
  • Options
    Champagne Marengo 6/1
    Bella Vita 9/4
    Red Armada 9/2
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    oldbloke said:
    Can anyone explain how Shady McCoy carries 10-3 today at 4,45 newmarket in a 0-90 Hcap yet is also in tomorrows bunbury cup off 95. Im old and confused?
    Shady McCoy's mark for today's race was 92 and whilst today's race was a 0-90 Hcap it was also open to horses rated 91 or 92. This is done to get as many horses into such a handicap as possible.

The weights for the Bunbury Cup would have been framed a while back and tomorrow's weights do not take into account changes in ratings in the intervening period so, effectively, off 95, Shady McCoy is 3lb "wrong".
  • Options
    Jamie Spencer really is a punters nightmare. Dropped Raheem House out the back by about 6 lengths and then can’t get up at the finish. Does it far too often.
  • Options
    Hope Beat The Bank is ok
  • Options
    RIP beat the bank.  Unbelievable finish to his race 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Jamie Spencer really is a punters nightmare. Dropped Raheem House out the back by about 6 lengths and then can’t get up at the finish. Does it far too often.
    But then is lauded for a "classic Jamie Spencer ride" in the next race.

It's one of the reasons he lost his rather lucrative job with Coolmore.
  • Options
    RIP Sea of Class. Desperately sad news.
  • Options
    if anyone has a chance check out the 2.50 at sandown how on earth has that decision not been reversed what is even more shocking is the trainer saying it shouldnt of been reversed another reason why i cant stand the flat bent decisions like that. 
  • Options
    A neck down 

• Options
    if anyone has a chance check out the 2.50 at sandown how on earth has that decision not been reversed what is even more shocking is the trainer saying it shouldnt of been reversed another reason why i cant stand the flat bent decisions like that. 
    How the hell was that not reversed?!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    https://twitter.com/racingtv/status/1154393102385369088?s=21

A link to the incident for those that missed it.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    https://twitter.com/racingtv/status/1154393102385369088?s=21

A link to the incident for those that missed it.
    Unreal that that wasn’t reversed 
  • Options
    quite irritating as had a lucky 15 on that would of paid 4/4 instead of 3/4 fuckers

its blatant cheating/a jockey not being able to control his horse. 
  • Options
    That is a joke 
  • Options
    I backed the 2nd too but layed it during the SE at 1.5 because I could see that coming. Nowadays, given that the Stewards have to be certain that the runner up would have won, only when there are very small winning margins are they turned over.

In France and the US it is, of course, totally different and you only have to breathe on the next horse to get the order reversed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I backed the 2nd too but layed it during the SE at 1.5 because I could see that coming. Nowadays, given that the Stewards have to be certain that the runner up would have won, only when there are very small winning margins are they turned over.

In France and the US it is, of course, totally different and you only have to breathe on the next horse to get the order reversed.

Beat me to it.

Looking at the finish the interferance, although real, was accidental (certainly not a deliberate act by the jockey) and based on the running of the second horse at the time of the interferance I'm not sure the interferance affected the result. No interferance and I believe the winner would have still won.

That said, I can undertand the frustration felt by those who backed the second. 

• Options
    Enable is surely a handful of lengths ahead of the field in the King George?  That weight advantage is basically handing it the race
  • Options
    Enable is surely a handful of lengths ahead of the field in the King George?  That weight advantage is basically handing it the race
    Do you think that mares shouldn't receive an allowance then?
  • Options
    someone suggested if they had already won a group one against the males then no allowance
  • Options
    someone suggested if they had already won a group one against the males then no allowance
    You mean that ridiculous article in The Guardian. 
  • Options
    thought ascot might of been covered by itv today which would of been handy a quiet friday in the office, but we have 8 hours of tour de france covereage instead glee
  • Options
    Why is it ridiculous?  Enable is streets ahead of that field even without the allowance
  • Options
    Thats why the bookies are cramping the odds. 
    Personally I'll be more interested to see how the 3 y o form stands up with Antony Van Dycke running and getting 11lbs from the older colts.
    His sire Galileo was the last horse to win both in the same year. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Why is it ridiculous?  Enable is streets ahead of that field even without the allowance
    It's ridiculous because you can't just change the rules because one horse happens to be good.
    The mares' allowance is there for a reason. In non-pattern races the allowance is 5lbs and in national hunt races it is 7lbs.
    The problem is that the colts/horses that she is up against, although good horses, are not top notch group one horses. That isn't her fault. 
  • Options
    So the weight allowance won it for Enable