Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leicester post-match views 2014

Comments

• Options
    Results went our way again today and goal difference is good news. Leicester ... not surprisingly ... far too good. We move on.

Blackpool minus 19
    Doncaster minus 25
    Millwall minus 30
    Yeovil minus 20
    Barnsley minus 26

Charlton minus 17
  • Options
    Mais un jour de celebracion au bord de la mere.
  • Options
    Not the worst day overall, what news injuries?
  • Options
    Always going to be a tough one. Just move on.
  • Options
    Morro subbed, Wiggy limping. Worrying.
  • Options
    I've not been following - were appropriate subs made early enough?
  • Options
    We were outclassed from start to finish today. Puts our recent results in perspective. We've still got one hell of a fight on our hands to avoid relegation & we're probably relying heavily on there being 3 worst teams than us in the division.
  • Options
    Leicester lucky, caught us on an off day.
  • Options
    On way back now.

An insipid, dull, lethargic performance.

Just nothing to write home about at all. Maybe Hamer is the only one to come out with any credit.

Ah well. Meh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leicester are practically a premier league team now, really wasn't expecting anything from today. Heads up and move on.
  • Options
    0-3 defeat.

Hamer should be dropped and Thuram-Alien replace him.

No, perhaps not.
  • Options
    Huh
  • Options
    WSS said:

On way back now.

An insipid, dull, lethargic performance.

Just nothing to write home about at all. Maybe Hamer is the only one to come out with any credit.

Ah well. Meh.

3 intense games in a little over a week too much for the lads perhaps?
  • Options
    This quickly turned out to be about damage limitation, which in terms of the scoreline against a rampant Leicester we did OK.
    The other damage, injury to Morrison, Church, Wiggins apparently, the exhaustion factor, this is my worry. We have a massive fixture pile up facing us, and we need players who can last out games. It seems that for Jordan Cousins today his excellent season so far has caught up with him. We need breathing space from now on, but there isn't any, we need to maximise our loan options if we can, are we allowed any more?
  • Options
    No damage done regarding other results. Donny and Barnsley stuffed also helps .
    Leicester away was alway going to be our toughest game remaining so I'm not too dissaponted.
    Let's put that result behind us and make history next Sunday !
    COYR !!!
  • Options
    Chris Kamara said there wasn't really much we could do against the champions elect.

8 days without playing now before a relentless onslaught of massive games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were never going to get much out of that, just a shame we couldn't make it through injury free.
  • Options
    Outplayed but we didn't put up much of a fight Picked up a few injuries, desperately need to bring in some loans but we've said that for weeks. We'll need to play much better next week if we want to go to Wembley however the prospect of watching Arsenal or City passing it around us for 90 minutes isn't great
  • Options

8 days without playing now before a relentless onslaught of massive games.

How many more times have we got to play Sheffield Wednesday?
  • Options
    We lost a game we was expected to lose and sounds like we got outclassed. Everyone else around us lost too. What's the fuss about?
  • Options
    And Yann got a Hat Trick,just to rub salt,,,,
  • Options

We lost a game we were always going to lose but we lost it with minimal damage everyone around us dropped points and GD were hit hard for other teams, so a defeat has never felt so good. Leicester over and done with now and no harm done. I' m happy with that.

Exactly, game out of the way. After looking at the 2 fixtures at beginning of last Saturday being QPR and Leicester, extremely happy that we havnt lost touch, and in actual fact, we are in a stronger position.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

This quickly turned out to be about damage limitation, which in terms of the scoreline against a rampant Leicester we did OK.
    The other damage, injury to Morrison, Church, Wiggins apparently, the exhaustion factor, this is my worry. We have a massive fixture pile up facing us, and we need players who can last out games. It seems that for Jordan Cousins today his excellent season so far has caught up with him. We need breathing space from now on, but there isn't any, we need to maximise our loan options if we can, are we allowed any more?

Its ok having games in hand if we had a decent size squad (not height before any wag decides to make it so!!!)..... i'm concerned that we need to get some quality loans in quickly, and I agree with @sethplum, so we can rotate more. The games are just piling up and today we didn't have the legs to keep going after playing 3 games in 7 days....yet fixture congestion means it's going to become the norm between now and the end of the season!! If we need to replay the Cup game then we are in one hell of a fixture pile up even more than now.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

And Yann got a Hat Trick,just to rub salt,,,,

Against our relegation rivals though. I'll take that all day long.