Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Leicester post-match views 2014

Comments

• Chris Kamara called Leicester the best side he's seen in the Championship in a long while.
  • Hamer kept the score down.

Is that why he's already been marked 4 by someone on the Player Marks thread?

• Not a single one of Roland's foreign signings on the pitch once AA went off in the second half.

Expected result, but would have been nice to see some more spirited resistance. Nothing up front as usual. Hamer kept the score down.

And did the 'Powell' lot offer anything? Not really.

Don't get all the digs.
  • Not a single one of Roland's foreign signings on the pitch once AA went off in the second half.

Expected result, but would have been nice to see some more spirited resistance. Nothing up front as usual. Hamer kept the score down.

Been even lower had he kept his legs shut

Don't get all the digs.
    One of Powell's signings got a hat-trick ;)
  • Unbelievably negative comments from some!

We were (almost) always going to lose this one. We've got the hardest fixture of the season out of the way without conceding much ground to relegation rivals.

Plenty of points to play for easier to obtain than today, and with the improvement in performances of late I back us to get enough of them.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Not a single one of Roland's foreign signings on the pitch once AA went off in the second half.

Don't get all the digs.
    One of Powell's signings got a hat-trick ;)
    Would he have changed the game today? Him for Church would still lead to the same performance and result.

He's getting better service in a different team and it paid off today, good luck to him.
  • I am encouraged by the mostly positive comments on this thread. It's quite refreshing considering we lost the game.

Onwards and upwards.
  • On the way home. Leicester were better than us, individually, collectively and tactically. They are top of the league for a reason. They played a straightforward 4-4-2 system, a nice pattern of play from back to front and their front two caused us problems with their constant movement. Drinkwater and James outplayed Jacko and Poyet in midfield, (would have preferred Poyet and Cousins in CM as against QPR. Cousins is better defensively than both and may have contained them better).

The other results meant no real damage done, so we move on.
  • Yeovil and Barnsley gone. Us or Millwall for third relegation spot. Huge game on 15th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeovil and Barnsley gone. Us or Millwall for third relegation spot. Huge game on 15th.

Yeovil were out of the bottom three and both us and Millwall were in it until Reading equalised so I don't necessarily agree with that. Blackpool are in awful form and are at risk, as are Bolton, Birmingham and Wednesday.

Yeovil were out of the bottom three and both us and Millwall were in it until Reading equalised so I don't necessarily agree with that. Blackpool are in awful form and are at risk, as are Bolton, Birmingham and Wednesday.
    All ifs and buts of course but Yeovil have been in the bottom three all season. There's a reason.

Think Doncaster and Blackpool should be added to that list

Nobody has gone yet though, Shooters - no team is totally cut adrift.

Today Yeovil were leading playoff chasing Reading for a long period - 3 points for Yeovil would have placed them above us. The fact that they somehow hung on for a draw despite being reduced to just 8 men speaks volumes for their battling qualities.

There's a long way still to go this season - many twists and turns still to come.
    And perhaps surprises.

• Oggy Red said:

Yeovil and Barnsley gone. Us or Millwall for third relegation spot. Huge game on 15th.

Today Yeovil were leading playoff chasing Reading for a long period - 3 points for Yeovil would have placed them above us. The fact that they somehow hung on for a draw despite being reduced to just 8 men speaks volumes for their battling qualities.

There's a long way still to go this season - many twists and turns still to come.
    And perhaps surprises.

@Oggy Red
    The six pints of lager consumed in a Torquay harbour pub have given me an insight that you can only dream of. ;0)

• Oggy Red said:

Yeovil and Barnsley gone. Us or Millwall for third relegation spot. Huge game on 15th.

And perhaps surprises.

@Oggy Red
    The six pints of lager consumed in a Torquay harbour pub have given me an insight that you can only dream of. ;0)

Ha, Shooters..... you've stumbled upon my secret strategy.

But not my Rose-tinted specs!

• edited March 2014

Not a single one of Roland's foreign signings on the pitch once AA went off in the second half.

Don't get all the digs.
    Blimey. It's a statement of fact, nothing more, nothing less. None of the players brought in apparently to strengthen the squad in January were playing.

It's not a dig, it's an observation of a situation that's totally at odds with expectations on here a month ago, when some people were anticipating the team would be revitalised by these signings.

I'm open minded about the players who have come in, but none of them were playing, which in my view is worth pointing out. Nothing else.
  • RM Surely the fact that there was no match commentary on CAFC Player was due to Emma having the mike?

Yeah, she was just pausing mid sentence......................

• Forget it and move on. Case closed.
  • Went to the game more in hope than expectation. The 3-0 flattered us. Absolutely rubbish on our part, but if we were going to be rubbish in any game before today, I rather it be this one than any other. No one (other than Hamer) looked like they could be bothered. Not too upset, as I wasn't expecting anything from the match, but we were far worse than we have been in the last two games. That said, pleased to see other results weny in our favour, and it is still very much in our own hands.
  • Sponsored links:

Precisely ...amazingly we are slightly better off than we were this morning, so for a change a big defeat has not hurt us ...especially when most of the country expected us to lose anyway.

Still six teams in this.

Yep, got rid of that game, move on . Did no real damage, - in actual fact we ended up having a better goal difference at end of day than 3 other teams around us. Not many times do we get beaten by 3 goals - a good team, as denoted by their lead at the top - no disgrace in a 3-0 defeat.
  • Did our best I would say against a better side.
  • Shit performance, but a day with friends never disappoints.

Yep ... as long as the team can pick up from where they left off the previous two games and we can sign a couple of loan players then all good. We just need to be patient and wait for these games in hand.

• Really easy to say let's move on. No Powell has to be judged on every game until the end of the season. He wants and is going to fight to stay here but today's result and performance will not help and don't forget all our fans that traveled up there today to witness another poor show.
  • Sometimes the better team wins 3-0. I give you Liverpool beating Southampton...and bet the latter aren't slashing their wrists tonight.
  • On way home.

They were in a different league to us and played most of game at 70%. Passed through us at will. Worryingly, I don't think they are that great but clearly playing with a lot of confidence.

Couple of big games took its toll last week and we were never at the races in this one. Could have played to tomorrow and it would still be Charlton nil.

Hamer made a few stops, buy not much else to write home about.

Team really looked a bit leggy today. If next week don't come off I seriously worry about this squads ability to get through the backlog of games.
  • Sometimes the better team wins 3-0. I give you Liverpool beating Southampton...and bet the latter aren't slashing their wrists tonight.

But the big difference is Soton are sitting 9th in their league, not in the relegation places..........................
  • Wasn't surprised we got nothing today against a good team in top form. We move on