Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leicester post-match views 2014

Comments

• Options
    Church goal at Bleakburn was 3 pts I'd rather have Tango. Huddersfield and Chef Wendy too seeing as we're all on our jollies in no small part down to him. All together Simon Church my Lord.
  • Options
    By this time next week we'll have 4 games in hand on Millwall, Donny and Blackpoool
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Results went our way again today and goal difference is good news. Leicester ... not surprisingly ... far too good. We move on.

Blackpool minus 19
    Doncaster minus 25
    Millwall minus 30
    Yeovil minus 20
    Barnsley minus 26

Charlton minus 17

This is why the games in hand are so important to us; extra points and further improvement to goal difference from these games and we would have less to worry about!
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

And Yann got a Hat Trick,just to rub salt,,,,

On the plus side though, it's helped dent Donny's goal difference a bit more.
  • Options
    They are a very good team.

Didn't matter we are near the bottom and they are top, they were in our faces from the off.

We move on.

Had sun on my eyes virtually the whole game so they must turn the stadium 45 degrees.

Their support was excellent as you'd expect. Like the Kasabian tune after each goal.
  • Options
    We will be alright
  • Options
    Not surprised with that. After the euphoria of QPR and the cup game. With our thin squad and with the games coming thick and fast it's going to be a very interesting March and April. This is why we love football. :-)

COYR!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Church goal at Bleakburn was 3 pts I'd rather have Tango. Huddersfield and Chef Wendy too seeing as we're all on our jollies in no small part down to him. All together Simon Church my Lord.

Yeah, but sit a monkey in front of 100 buttons and he'll hit the right one eventually. He's a lower league striker. Plenty of huff & puff, but still chuff. Not blaming him for today, as we were always on a hiding to nothing against the best team in the div.

But it's down to lack of goals as to why we're down where we are and with sponge foot up front, that aint gonna change.................
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Not unexpected but reports of injuries are worrying though. Onwards and upwards. Millwall is a must win game as are the games against the teams around us
  • Options
    Please everyone, leave the Yann talk to the Yann thread !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking at the fixtures left, in my view, Blackpool,Barnsley, and Yeovil all have a tougher run-in than us. Barsnley's being extremely tough.
  • Options
    We expected nowt. We got nowt. They are nailed on to be champions. Nobody except the Massives did anything of much note. Nice stadium. Good fans. We move on. It's looking increasingly like a shoot out between us and the Diddys for fourth bottom. That needs to get our full focus after our jolly next week. Hope the injuries are not serious. Wiggins is beginning to look fragile. Hope he gets back to where he was fitness wise a year ago.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Mais un jour de celebracion au bord de la mere.

What are you doing next to your mother?

His mum was in the crowd at the Cherries.
  • Options

Mais un jour de celebracion au bord de la mere.

Loosely translated maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
  • Options
    I think the most frustrating thing is, we all know we need new strikers, and the ones bought in, (we we are supposed to pay money for), one is not good enough for the starting 11 and the other one not for the match squad. one day we may be pleased with them, but right now we need a striker that can keep us in this league.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    As

Yeah, but sit a monkey in front of 100 buttons and he'll hit the right one eventually. He's a lower league striker. Plenty of huff & puff, but still chuff. Not blaming him for today, as we were always on a hiding to nothing against the best team in the div.

But it's down to lack of goals as to why we're down where we are and with sponge foot up front, that aint gonna change.................
    Is it not more a case of we are what we are and in terms of confidence we refrain from slagging off our own because we need to be as one for the remaining games. Telling ourselves we're shite and slagging players who will I'm sure be aware of what's said doesn't really help in my mind. I've never been a booer apart from Darren Pitcher but everyone's allowed one special case. I agree with much of what you say but I think it's already been accepted that SC isn't Andy Hunt Hunt Hunt.
    He is ours though and he's still wearing red and if he's fit and put us through next week, I'm sure you'll join me in singing his praises.

• Options
    Just as an aside I wanted to let everyone know that the 'match day live' programme that should have come from Leicester today didn't happen due to a fault with Leicester's ISDN line. All of Charlton Live's technology was working but it was a local fault. Pete F and co did all they could but were left stranded at the Kings stadium with nothing they could do. Apologies to everyone but it was Leicester's fault, not CAFC player or the club. Thanks Red Midland
  • Options
    After sifting through the debris as we were more or less with games in hand and a better goal difference than the teams around us.

Losing at The Den is almost certainly a given but providing we get something from Yeovil and Barnsley and pick up our share of points elsewhere we have a chance despite the bloke on Final Score saying that there would be 2 divisions between us and Leicester next season.
  • Options
    It pisses me off when Charlton lose, even to the league leaders. Charlton should be looking to its own results and performances to keep us up rather than relying on other teams results and how bad they are. A couple of decent emergency loans may still make the difference. Even now, relegation is still very avoidable.
  • Options
    RM Surely the fact that there was no match commentary on CAFC Player was due to Emma having the mike?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expected at least a point but Leicester is a good team and defeat is no real disgrace .. not too many injuries I hope .. without reading, how is Morrison ?
  • Options
    Hamer Hero to Zero his fault for the first goal in my opinion and before anyone starts only my opinion not fact nor am I an expert on all things football
  • Options
    sorry but all of our players were crap, ok Leicester were good but we were bad even Yann wouldn't have made a difference as the ball would never have reached him.
  • Options
    Lost to a team running away with the league, with MUCH more money to spend on the playing staff and we are 1 point from safety with 3 extra games to play then those above us.

With a seriously winnable FA Cup Quarter final to look forward to and after a great win last weekend against another team with MUCH more money to spend then us again, im not suddenly thinking we are going down and the season is terrible, COYR!

• Options
    That was really poor. Thankfully hamer had a very good game. Midfield we're appalling especially Harriot.

Couldn't pass 5 yards to each other. Leicester didn't have to try very hard.

Dervite and wood together wasn't pretty. Hope morro's injury isn't too bad. Cousins on the right is a waste if a fine player.

We will play better next weekend because I can't see how we could play worse !
  • Options
    Powell out...
  • Options
    On a serious note. I am not too fussed about this result. We got a brilliant, unexpected 3 points against QPR last week and after the week we have had, this was always going to be a big ask. I am plaesed that it was only 3 as Leicester are a cut above at least 20 of the teams in this division!

On wards and upwards. This rest will be welcoming.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hoping results go our way next Saturday:

Barnsley v Forest
    Blackpool v Bournemouth
    Derby v Millwall
    Doncaster v Huddersfield
    Leeds v Bolton
    Yeovil v Sheff W

We don't play - but at 5pm we'll have 4 games in hand on Millwall, Donny and Blackpool.
  • Options
    Direee