Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loan Window expectations...

Firstly, is there a limit to the amount of loan players we can bring in / have in a squad / pick in a squad / play on the pitch ?

If its possible, i'm expecting a fair bit of change. As well as the fact we weakened not strengthened in the transfer window, there are still a number of fringe guys who you fully expect will be shifted out on loan.

So what are people thinking will happen ?

Comments

• Options
    Maximum 5 loanees on a teamsheet I believe.
  • Options
    I think you can only have 5 in a matchday squad so only really room for 2 signings as Thurham/Astrit and Sordell are already here. Not sure what role Koc will have.

Expect Green, Cook and maybe the likes of Fox/Azeez to go on loan. Evina will stay due to Wiggins injury and Pritchard is possibly dependent on the new signings.

Replacements for Stephens and Stewart are needed.
  • Options
    that including subs Phil, or 11 on the pitch ?
  • Options
    I would expect certainly a centre mid and quite likely a wide man.
  • Options
    I think we will get a couple of midfielders (hopefully quality) in with a couple of players going out.

Out:
    Evina
    Pritchard

In:
    ?????
  • Options
    Jonny Williams from Palace would be a very good start.
  • Options

Firstly, is there a limit to the amount of loan players we can bring in / have in a squad / pick in a squad / play on the pitch ?

If its possible, i'm expecting a fair bit of change. As well as the fact we weakened not strengthened in the transfer window, there are still a number of fringe guys who you fully expect will be shifted out on loan.

So what are people thinking will happen ?

I dont believe you can sign players from outside the English leagues in the emergency loan window which could be interesting
  • Options
    The fact that we were allegedly reported in Max Gradel makes me think a wide man will be high on the wish list
  • Options
    be nice to get a couple of very good loans in but where from,surely all the decent loan players have been loaned during the last month in the window,hope we havnt missed the boat cos all our rivals don't seem to,probs end up with Palase left overs
  • Options
    Yes, only 5 loanees in the 18 names on a matchday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When does the loan window actually open, and for how long?
  • Options
    think we missed the boat and should of got Simeon Jackson,but the spanners have got him now
  • Options
    I'd say we need a creative player for sure, whether that be in CM or a wing position (or both). And maybe someone in a defensive capacity. Now just where to find them :)
  • Options
    Cameron Stewart?

Oh no... Thanks Hughesy
  • Options
    We could do with the Championship version of a young Scott Parker, he added pace, guile and aggression to our engine room. Oh and a tricky winger that can actually cross a ball.

Not much to ask for.... :(
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

When does the loan window actually open, and for how long?

Pretty sure it opens next week and runs until the 3rd week of March
  • Options
    Think it opens Friday and we can sign as many 'emergency loan' players as we want,but can only have 5 in a matchday squad.
  • Options
    5 in matchday squad of any type, 4 plus an u20 from any one club per season, 8 total per season (but not sure that applies to emergency loans)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Once Peter the Pole is involved I can see Sordell being the Odd Man Out. That gives us three more spots in the matchday squad.

Winger, central midfielder plus a.n.other.

Suspect we will see out of contract players coming in as well. Possibly Grandin.
  • Options
    Wide right. Wide left. Creative CM. Cover for LB. That should do it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loan window opens Saturday 8th until the last Thursday in March 27th.
  • Options
    How soon is Hamer due back? If we have too many loanees to pick them all, and say one or both of our new strikers were out, it would be daft to play Thuram and leave Sordell out of the squad.
  • Options
    not much
  • Options
    Two in, a young midfielder from the prem and left back cover from a championship team.

Gower, Hollands and feely out
  • Options
    just reminds me very sadly of the last days of Pardew
  • Options
    We need midfielders more than anything, preferably a winger and a centre. Williams would be ideal here but I wouldn't mind Bannan either.
  • Options
    Oscar & Hazard from Chelsea will do me :)
  • Options
    i think we will sign a right winger. however we need the players we have to step up. ever thought of the fact that we would be fine if church and sordell scored 10 more goals between them. pritchard, dervite, morrison, harriot and jackson all need to perform better, then we will be higher up the league. maybe reza and polish pete can bring church and sordell into better form, sordell scored on sat for the first time in the league i think. i think we are much stronger in attack but imagine if sordell, church, reza, polish pete were all scoring goals. we look much more capable of being a threat but right wing is a problem.. not to be solved by pritchard.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

i think we will sign a right winger. however we need the players we have to step up. ever thought of the fact that we would be fine if church and sordell scored 10 more goals between them. pritchard, dervite, morrison, harriot and jackson all need to perform better, then we will be higher up the league. maybe reza and polish pete can bring church and sordell into better form, sordell scored on sat for the first time in the league i think. i think we are much stronger in attack but imagine if sordell, church, reza, polish pete were all scoring goals. we look much more capable of being a threat but right wing is a problem.. not to be solved by pritchard.

Is Koc worth a go on the right? I'd say we need someone on the left more. We have Wilson and green on the right.
  • Options
    Gleeson from Mk Dons and Quinn from Hull Please.