Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alnwick to Leyton Orient (ed. SOLD)

Comments

• Options
    Our club is fast becoming a joke, come on Mr Murray front up and let us know what's going on!
  • Options
    Pope and Hamer are enough, along with a loan keeper next season from Ujpest/Liege/Alcorcon that's the way it will be from here on out, get used to it folks
  • Options

There is no way Barry Hearn has paid between 200-400k for a keeper. Has Hearn ever even paid a transfer fee for anyone?

This. Leyton Orient and Hearn have not paid a transfer fee to that amount for a single player to my knowledge.
  • Options
    In my opinion, there's not much to choose between Hamer and Alnwick. Both have strengths and weaknessess. I have a feeling that Alwick was told he'd be second or third choice once Hamer was fit and his agent may have manufactured the move. Just a thought...
  • Options
    I would guess Hearn is prepared to gamble at the moment with Orient in the best position they've been in for promotion to the Championship in a generation.
  • Options

So far this window-

Best winger - Stewart - gone
    Best CM- Stephens - gone
    Best striker- Going
    Best Keeper - going

Just my opinion but it'll be some turn around today to cheer me up

It will all depend on who comes in.

To be frank, it is the best of a pretty poor bunch. A side who, as we all claim, is a league 1 team on paper. Keeping the same team wasnt an option as they were not good enough.
    Lets not forget it wasnt long ago most people were slating Stephens as he lost his way a bit after the Villa offer, he has been playing very well but it seems was always going to go. Alnwick has done very well since he came. Hamer not had a chance to get his place back but who is the better keeper SCP has decided so Alnwick goes. Not understanding all this nonsense. League 1 side, fighting against relegation!! If you cant change the people then change the people.........

• Options
    Apparantly we have signed a waiter from Belgium and a bus driver! Both support standard liege and fancied a spell in England so are starting tomorrow in midfield!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    we are on one hell of a roller coaster, down some valium and cling on for dear life and see where we are when the thing finally stops at 11pm tonight.
  • Options
    Did he have 6 months or 18 months left on he's contract?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he was as good as what your all saying then why hasn't he got a championship move ? And we got a profit on him as he was put of contract at the end of the season , and more funds for today lets see what players we get in first before you all go mad.
  • Options
    I doubt we would even have a dome on the pitch if previous owners were still here
  • Options
    Last time we loaned players in left, right and centre we got relegated. Pardew...Parkinson...League One.
  • Options

Did he have 6 months or 18 months left on he's contract?

• Options

Our club is fast becoming a joke, come on Mr Murray front up and let us know what's going on!

But what is this based on? Because we sold a player who didn't want to be here? Or cashing in on a (good) keeper that is still replaceable?
  • Options
    I don't know, didn't see this transfer coming either, but I'm not going to assume all kinds of stuff, I just don't think it's fair, and there is a chance that the board and CP have a plan that they feel they have to execute to turn our ship around - clearly it has been sailing in a wrong direction before the takeover. I'm nervous, excited, jumpy! and anxious to what is gonna happen today, but I will personally wait and see before making any judgement on this transfer window.
  • Options
    Would have rather seen Hamer go for a fee than Alnwick leave tbh.
  • Options
    really ? so your sure CP has any idea what this "plan" is.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

In my opinion, there's not much to choose between Hamer and Alnwick. Both have strengths and weaknessess. I have a feeling that Alwick was told he'd be second or third choice once Hamer was fit and his agent may have manufactured the move. Just a thought...

There is only one guy who is going to be number one and its the guy that cost us points at Middlesborough,
  • Options
    edited January 2014

There is only one guy who is going to be number one and its the guy that cost us points at Middlesborough,
    What about the 3 quality saves that kept us in the game?

And what about church's two misses?? Just because its not as obvious why havent you said that church has cost us those points aswell?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Perhaps Alnwick pushed for the move as he wants championship football next season

Could well be the case next season.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

I'm nervous, excited, jumpy! and anxious to what is gonna happen today,

Sorry but I would have to add "deluded" to that list as well. What has happened over the last couple of days and so far today, and what Powell would have wanted to happen over the same period are galaxies apart.
  • Options

The best keepers in the world make mistakes , he also made some very good saves I'm more than happy for him to be number 1 .
  • Options
    Dunno why everyone is getting so carried away. Thuram will play every game anyway unless injured. Hamer is adequate backup
  • Options
    Interesting.....
  • Options

harsh. As I doubt you were there AFKA, with all due respect, how can you comment on his performance?

• Options
    It's possible that RD HAS issued new contracts and set yesterday (Thursday) as the deadline for players to sign. Those who refuses are thus sold. This is called maximising ones assets as they'd be worth nothing and the club has to fork out a salary for May, June and July... A sound business decision if correct...