Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alnwick to Leyton Orient (ed. SOLD)

14567810»

Comments

• Bob Marley - ( Three Little Birds)

Yes you should worry,
    About Thuram
    Cos every little thing
    He saves with his feet
    Singin please worry
    About Thuram
    Cos with his fists
    The ball he'll never meet
  • If this fella makes the French World Cup squad then I'm changing nationality , au revoir see you in Russia 2018
  • edited February 2014

stonemuse said:

In my opinion, there's not much to choose between Hamer and Alnwick. Both have strengths and weaknessess. I have a feeling that Alwick was told he'd be second or third choice once Hamer was fit and his agent may have manufactured the move. Just a thought...

There is only one guy who is going to be number one and its the guy that cost us points at Middlesborough,
    harsh. As I doubt you were there AFKA, with all due respect, how can you comment on his performance?

Harsh maybe, but the reality is Alnwick is CURRENTLY our number one keeper, and has been over the last month. Our manager has had a new keeper sent to him that he did not want, and i believe, been told to play him. He did so at Boro, and regardless of whether he pulled off some good saves, made a howler that determined the result.

Alnwick come back into the side, performed very well. At Doncaster i have heard it suggested (entirely up to you whether you believe me or not) Powell was told to play Thuram by RD / RD's people, Powell went against it and played the player he wanted to play, Alnwick.

Three days later Alnwick is sold, and rumours circ that Powell was close to being sacked.

Thuram may well turn out to be a much better keeper than any we currently have, but that is irrelevent. He was not the choice of those whose decisions it should be who play and who don't.

Should Powell walk ?? Of course he should. His position has been completely undermined and is currently untenable.

However, you saw how the ridiculous similar farce at Cardiff turned out and Malky McKay refusing to hand in his notice in a similar situation. I wonder if Powell is mates with Malky by any chance...

Why have you not talked about church's two howlers that he fucked up and did not score which determined the result?

because it is completely irrespective to my point. My point is the manager is being told what goalkeeper to play.
    but you don't know that AFKA ... it's just guesswork and supposition. If you are right, I agree ... but I'm not convinced yet. Let's see where we are at 11 pm.
    As said, just my view based on what i've been told. Everyone is entitled to their own view.

And as much as i like Powell, i would not believe a single word he says in the press or in public.

With the greatest respect AFKA your argument can't lose can it ? Selective choice of what you believe.

I suppose we're all guilty of that.

Can't lose? I'm not trying to 'win' anything. i'm just stating my point.

I think our club is currently a farce. We are attempting what appears to be a whole summer transition within the space of three days.

- Our manager (from what i've been told) is having little or no so in what is coming in or going out

- It now appears a strong possibility he is being leaned on on who to play. Certainly the case with the keep at Donny

- Our Chairman appears to have no idea who it is who is deciding who comes and goes

- Squad morale is said to be shot to pieces

- Regardless of what may come in today, We have offloaded a fair spine of the team with our currently best performing keeping, currently best performing midfielder, and at some point today our best performing striker and fans favourite.

There is no attempt to be selective, those are the stand out points to me.

Nice to see that RD is keeping you in the loop. Or are you taking hearsay as fact because it suites your view/opinion?
    So what, out of my five main points, do you dispute ?

I'll give you maybe the squad morale point but you are only using that one with the benefit of post yesterday's battling effort. However, that is even more testament to all involved because I still by the belief that the squad is currently a very unhappy one.

So what else ?
  • Alnwick to Orient is a weird one. I can only assume that there maybe some agreement with Orient that if they are promoted he gets a longer contract and if not then he can leave and try for a longer contract elsewhere. Either way he's no worse off than he was with us and better off if he's getting regular first team football.

It does however confirm for me that RD is having some input into team selection. Now either CP accepts that and gets on with it or he walks.
  • Keep having a dig Smithyboy and I'll keep reminding you that you were the know-it-all stating as fact that the Angels of Woolwich were the wives/mothers of the murderers.

Not seen your apology to them so forgive me for taking whatever you say with a huge pinch of salt.

Fact is Alnwick played when both he and Thuram were available. Roland may not have liked it and sold BA as a result but it is still a fact that he played. Get over it and move.
  • An unsustainable football business has a head on clash with a new economic plan. It breaks all the rules that we know, but something had to give. I would just rather it wasn't us that are Ratty's guinea pigs and now Wind in the Willows requires rewriting. I wish Ben well, I thought he showed a great deal of promise. Quite how football managers will view this I have no idea. The only cheer is that parasitic agents are not going to like it either. That's my positivity done for the day. Can I cry now please?

Just caught up this. Great post sa
  • SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 7h
    Leyton Orient are set to sign Bournemouth goalkeeper Shwan Jalal on loan. #lofc #afcb

Strange just after the sign Alnwick first Charlton now Orient he must be wondering what is going on
  • mate you need to read the other thread Ben has an "undisclosed illness" and will not be playing in the near future
  • mate you need to read the other thread Ben has an "undisclosed illness" and will not be playing in the near future

other thread was closed so i just never read it lol
  • Sponsored links:

• I've heard it's a case of charlton-itus
  • Holy shit... Hope he's okay... thought are definitely with him!!
  • Let's hope he recovers soon - good luck Ben
  • Wyn Grant is suggesting his O's Contract has been terminated.

Whatever it is - good luck Ben.
  • I've followed his career for a number of years and always wondered what the deal is with him. He's a very good goalie but has only mustered a fraction of the games he should have.
    Maybe there's a skeleton in the closet, maybe he is a bit fragile mentally but whatever it is i hope he gets sorted soon.
  • Keep having a dig Smithyboy and I'll keep reminding you that you were the know-it-all stating as fact that the Angels of Woolwich were the wives/mothers of the murderers?

Slightly odd thing to hurl into this debate for point scoring purposes, but since you've done it, I'm interested: would you deba
  • Ben is well. A terminal illness within his immediate family has lead to the contract bring cancelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben is well. A terminal illness within his immediate family has lead to the contract bring cancelled.

pass on condolences and I wish him all the best

• All the best to Ben & his family.
  • All the best Ben
  • So sorry to hear this.

All our best wishes, Ben.
  • Good luck ben hope thinks are back on track very soon