Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alnwick to Leyton Orient (ed. SOLD)

Comments

• Options
    From a business model/pet project perspective I completely understand what RD is doing. It will be for individuals to decide whether it is to their tastes or not. I'm reserving judgement till tomorrow but my instinct is that I want no part of it. That makes me sad
  • Options

Laughable, no wonde

Rothko said:

Alnwick isn't better then Hamer or Thuram, and if Orient want to spend money on him, then fine, we've made a profit on him

Think most would say he's better than Hamer.

Based on the few games I have seen Alnwick I would have said there's very little in it

Hamer is off form and only judge on he's last few games but over the time he's been ere he is more than good enough to do a job between the sticks at this level
  • Options
    There is no way Barry Hearn has paid between 200-400k for a keeper. Has Hearn ever even paid a transfer fee for anyone?
  • Options
    Evina next apparently.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Some of our fans are deluded? When will you wake up and realise we are fucked and this is only going one way. We'll sign Polish pete leter and everyone will think its all okay. It's bullshit

I think that it won't take much longer for more people to come round to that thinking.

• Options
    Don't get all this...
  • Options
    Alnwick was only on a one year deal, to me he was as good as Hamer, they have different strengths and weaknesses. Moving to Orient (and being let go by Barnsley) suggests that he's not that highly rated by the football world.
    If Thuram is as good as some say he is, then he ought to be better than both Bens
  • Options

Some of our fans are deluded? When will you wake up and realise we are fucked and this is only going one way. We'll sign Polish pete leter and everyone will think its all okay. It's bullshit

Not sure it's a matter of being deluded. I've thought all season that we were heading one way and that was league 1. Ultimately we'll see come may, we need to at least see what else is in store today.
  • Options
    Sinister goings on down at the Valley.
  • Options
    Oh well, i'm voting with my feet. I'm bypassing going to Wigan tomorrow, and going straight on up to Edinburgh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We'll sign a couple of players later and people will be getting excited again.

Unexpected but many said we didn't need 3 senior keepers, so thinking about it it's not that surprising. RD will want to get the wage bill down. If it helps us afford a creative midfielder or winger it's probably not a bad thing.

Can't imagine Powell will still be our manager next season. Expecting a foreign manager we've never heard of. Hopefully a good one.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Thuram is being loaned to us to get game time and hopefully a World Cup ticket and in consequence put a few 0000's on his value before going back to SL. We have Hamer. Alnwick on loan and will come back in the summer once Thuram has departed for bigger and better things. This roundabout of transfers and loans is the RD model. We need to get used to it.

I can understand this from Orient's point of view and had thought maybe Hamer might have gone there.

Orient's keeper Jamie Jones is currently injured and they only have an inexperienced reserve goalie Charlie Grainger who let some soft goals in at the Cup against Yeovil.I went to Orient the other night and was very impressed with their loan keeper from Hull Eldin Jakupovic rather like Thuram it was said he was playing to try to break into a World Cup squad in his case Bosnia .He certainly looked a class above League One level. Unfortunately for Orient Hull's keeper was sent off at Palace and the Tigers recalled him.

Remember Alnwick is out of contract at the end of the season and Orient are in pole position to get promoted. Alnwick has previously played for them , I suspect Hearn might have stumped up a large loan fee to get his man because the O's can't afford to let their strong position slip.

Unfortunately I think this might be the last we have seen of him. He needs to be a number 1 somewhere at this stage of his career, a shame because I rated him above Hamer.

• Options
    Just to remind, Ben Alnwick was voted man of the match three times in January
  • Options
    Was becoming a favourite player of the (former) 'current' team.

It does feel a bit like CAFC is slowly winding down and being replaced by a completely different football club.
  • Options
    Looking like Jimenez and Slater had the last laugh.
  • Options
    Fukadoodledoo.
  • Options

Hopefully we'll sort out the midfield and strikers and they'll be winning it for their goals and assists.
  • Options

He's only been MOM because we're shite and let the opponents have 20 shots on goal id expect him to be mom with our team
  • Options
    #DontSellBenAlnwick

#TooLate
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited January 2014
    Can't believe this. Had decided this morning that I was going to just strap myself in and go along for the ride. Good chance we're gonna crash though. Cannot see SCP here by the end of the weekend. How on earth is he supposed to put out a motivated organised team tomorrow with a bunch of players he has no knowledge of and most speak little english....shambles of a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are good in the goalkeeping department, and, if we could make some money off of Alnwick to then use elsewhere it's good business IMO.
  • Options
    Bit of an over reaction, we have 3 keepers, it was a straight shoot out between Hamer and Alnwick. We got money for a player who would have been out of contract in the summer.
  • Options

Looking like Jimenez and Slater had the last laugh.

I bet Slater is pissing his pants right now
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Can't imagine Powell will still be our manager next season. Expecting a foreign manager we've never heard of. Hopefully a good one.

I can't imagine he will be our manager for much longer. And yes, I'd say a foreign manager we've never heard of is pretty much a given.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Bit of an over reaction, we have 3 keepers, it was a straight shoot out between Hamer and Alnwick. We got money for a player who would have been out of contract in the summer.

precisely
  • Options
    Everyone needs to chill out
  • Options
    and it seems Nick Pope is playing well on loan at the moment, and is seen as a pretty decent keeper for the future, so I understand the logic
  • Options
    Genuinely quite annoyed with this - get rid of chuff like Evina, Green, Hamer...

Things were do much worse under TJ and MS.....
  • Options
    Rothko said:

and it seems Nick Pope is playing well on loan at the moment, and is seen as a pretty decent keeper for the future, so I understand the logic

Plus he's on a long term contract.
  • Options
    If CP has an ounce of self respect he has to walk tomorrow. I know he loves the club but he can't allow himself to be turned into a total patsy. I will have even more respect and man love for him that I already have if he tells Roland where to shove his Leffe.