Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alnwick to Leyton Orient (ed. SOLD)

Comments

• Maybe can be looked at that clearly there's no point in us having these three keepers and only one out of Hamer and Alnwick is an option to loan out. Doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them and I don't think the keeper position is a big worry for us unlike other positions. Someone has come in for Alnwick so he's the one loaned out.

• Madness.
  • Alnwick isn't better then Hamer or Thuram, and if Orient want to spend money on him, then fine, we've made a profit on him
  • It's permanent!
  • @CAFCofficial: TRANSFER NEWS: Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has joined @leytonorientfc on a permanent deal. More to follow... #cafc http://t.co/AK6YwOVSRS
  • Blimey first time we have had a decent keeper since Carson and we let him go

If flapper goes back in goal even I might call it a day
  • Ok, it being permanent is a bit unexpected but I suppose the same thoughts as my previous post can apply.
  • Laughable, no wonde
    Rothko said:

Alnwick isn't better then Hamer or Thuram, and if Orient want to spend money on him, then fine, we've made a profit on him

Think most would say he's better than Hamer.

• And some questioned why i was so animated yesterday.

Genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Rothko said:

Alnwick isn't better then Hamer or Thuram, and if Orient want to spend money on him, then fine, we've made a profit on him

Bloody hell shocked at it being a permanent move but agree with this...

Hate to say it but bet Ben H. is slightly relieved as more chance of him getting a new Contract now as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:

We don't own Thuram. Alnwick was Powell's current first choice and he has just been sold. I'm repeating myself, but this is going to end badly.

• Permanent Deal?? Bloody Hell!!
  • on a loan i got, permanent i cannot get my head round.
  • Yes but if orient offered 200-400k for alnick and noone offered anything for hamer i would have sold him as thuram is easily better and hamer is a great option on the bench
  • Does Alnwick's contract run out at the end of the season? If so why should we automatically expect to sign him up next year? If he helps the O's to promotion and we go down, then bye bye Ben.

Total madness. I want my Charlton back. Ashamed to be a fan and that takes a lot of saying after traipsing all over the country watching them for 45 years.
  • Not sure how people can say with any confidence that Alnwick is/was our best keeper. Only a handful of people have ever seen Thuram play.

And whose to say Thuram will even be going back to Liege in the summer? They currently have the Japan number 1 so Thuram is unlikely to get a game there. RD might decide to keep Thuram here with us.
  • To be fair. We have 3 senior keepers, we have loaned Thuram so cant send back and Hamer was first in. If we got some decent cash then its good business. This may allow us to keep Yan now....think about that
  • His contract was up in the summer I believe. Maybe RD asked Powell which one he wanted to keep out of Hamer and Alnwick and he chose Hamer
  • Laughing stock of a club.
  • edited January 2014
    Its the issue of CP playing him at Doncaster that is of concern. If CP was going to sell him or he wanted to go CP would have played Thurman (sic).
    Clearly CP is being TOLD who will go,
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes but if orient offered 200-400k for alnick and noone offered anything for hamer i would have sold him as thuram is easily better and hamer is a great option on the bench

There is no way in a million years we got that sort of money for Alnwick. How do you know Thuram's so much better? He's only played for us once and he was at fault for the goal that cost us the game.

• Genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry.

How about both?
  • If you don't think Alnwick is better than flapper then you must have been living on the moon

If you're all going to Southend..,
  • Its the issue of CP playing him at Doncaster thats the issue. If CP was going to sell him or he wanted to go CP would have played Thurman (sic).
    Clearly CP is being TOLD who will go,

And he is being told who will come in too. I think we will be shipping in a new manager soon.
  • sorry son yes i know i said you were Ben Alnwick when we were having a kick about cos he's our number one and you were Kermorgant when out on pitch but our wanky pathetic joke of a club has unloaded him to a a bigger and better team fucking orient
    yes of course Thuram is SCP 's first choice that's why he played him at Huddersfield and Doncaster

ridiculous piss taking of SCP
  • MrLargo said:

Yes but if orient offered 200-400k for alnick and noone offered anything for hamer i would have sold him as thuram is easily better and hamer is a great option on the bench

There is no way in a million years we got that sort of money for Alnwick. How do you know Thuram's so much better? He's only played for us once and he was at fault for the goal that cost us the game.
    If we got 200k for button we must have got at least the same for alnick? And if he was one of the best keepers in ligue 1 and was bought for 1.2mil he is easily better
  • As I said yesterday, just close the club down Roland and turn the lights off as you leave.
  • on a loan i got, permanent i cannot get my head round.

Exactly. And why do people assume Orient are paying a transfer fee. Orient???

• Not sure how people can say with any confidence that Alnwick is/was our best keeper. Only a handful of people have ever seen Thuram play.

And whose to say Thuram will even be going back to Liege in the summer? They currently have the Japan number 1 so Thuram is unlikely to get a game there. RD might decide to keep Thuram here with us.

Don't know much about Thuram other than him costing us a goal at Boro so can't comment on him long term but Alnwick made as assured a start as any Charlton keeper I'd seen for a long time so can't understand this at all.
  • Some of our fans are deluded? When will you wake up and realise we are fucked and this is only going one way. We'll sign Polish pete leter and everyone will think its all okay. It's bullshit