Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alnwick to Leyton Orient (ed. SOLD)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    No Roland just sold him to the nags head fc
  • So far this window-

Best winger - Stewart - gone
    Best CM- Stephens - gone
    Best striker- Going
    Best Keeper - going

Just my opinion but it'll be some turn around today to cheer me up
  • If you honestly think Powell would choose to get rid of his number one keeper (on loan) and sell his best player to a rival then you're deluded. Roland is well and truly running the show here and I can't see Powell putting up with it for much longer. It's a shame it will end this way for him.
  • Why loan a keeper, then send your current number 1 out to another club!? This isnt SCPs way of doing things, RD is in charge.
  • edited January 2014
    I reckon Roland is selling our players to bring down the cost of what he paid for the club. He is a business man with a business brain.
  • hamers shit though, it should be him going not BA
  • I'll probably get laughed at this but would be a hard decision not to vote for him for POTS. If voting was today Think he's a excellent keeper. Has done nothing wrong since he's been here.
  • If this is true then Leyton Orient have bagged themselves a good goalkeeper. Been really impressed with Alnwick. Solid keeper. I can't think of any goal let in whilst he has been between the sticks that you would deem as down to him.
  • So far this window-

Best winger - Stewart - gone
    Best CM- Stephens - gone
    Best striker- Going
    Best Keeper - going

Just my opinion but it'll be some turn around today to cheer me up

It will all depend on who comes in.

To be frank, it is the best of a pretty poor bunch. A side who, as we all claim, is a league 1 team on paper. Keeping the same team wasnt an option as they were not good enough.
  • I have stayed out of some of the wrist slitting, and Yann stuff on here, but this is madness!

Kept us in the FA cup practically single handed, and the only player to come out of the Doncaster game with any credit.

I would have thought that the person who would NEED to go out on loan, because he hasn't been playing, is Hamer!
  • Sponsored links:

• If we get really stuck for a keeper I here that Neville Southall is looking for work?
  • BIZARRE. Better than Hamer so ship him out instead.
  • If you honestly think Powell would choose to get rid of his number one keeper (on loan) and sell his best player to a rival then you're deluded. Roland is well and truly running the show here and I can't see Powell putting up with it for much longer. It's a shame it will end this way for him.

This..........we are Roland's toy now and he will be telling the management who should be starting.
  • @dean_7cox: Can't confirm a name... But our new signing has one hell of a beard on him!!! #jesus
  • Leyton Orient are in for him, he's not going to a rival or a better team. Perhaps it will free up cash for an extra midfielder. Lets see what the rest of the window brings.
  • Uncle Albert?
  • Alnwick has travelled with the Orient squad for the game tomorrow.
  • Pahahahaha next you'll be telling me kermongant to Bournemouth
  • Letting him go is really poor. Very disappointed in the board.
  • Strange decision although not entirely unexpected. It was pretty much a dead cert that one of Hamer or Alnwick would be on their way once Thuram came in. Although given the choice (if indeed Powell had one), you'd assume he'd have said Hamer could go.

I'm not going to slit my wrists over Alnwick going though, we have a more than adequate replacement for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thuram is our best keeper on paper, Alnwicks been playing well and Hamer is 3rd choice.

If Thuram is going to play then it makes sense for Alnwick to go on loan to keep his form up.

Thats the only angle i can see. Especially if CP has been told to play Thuram.
  • Feel sorry for him in a way... He had a promising start to his career at Sunderland... went to Tottenham and failed miserably there before being loaned out to seven clubs for various short loans (including Leyton Orient)... He had a bit of luck being given his chance at Charlton what with Ben Hamer getting injured but he really took his chance when he got it and deserved the No. 1 jersey. How he's being sent back out on loan again...

Either way I hope its not the last we've seen of him but if it is... Thanks for the service Ben... Thanks for the great save on Saturday that kept us in the FA Cup
  • Thuram is being loaned to us to get game time and hopefully a World Cup ticket and in consequence put a few 0000's on his value before going back to SL. We have Hamer. Alnwick on loan and will come back in the summer once Thuram has departed for bigger and better things. This roundabout of transfers and loans is the RD model. We need to get used to it.

• Surprised as he appeared to be first choice, but not that bothered (don't think he is better than the other two).

Also bit surprised he has dropped a division, probably due to expected first team action and staying in London.
  • Perm deal
  • Bloody hell, have to go to work now. Will we still have a team when I return?
  • Permanent Deal!
  • TRANSFER NEWS: Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick has joined @leytonorientfc on a permanent deal. More to follow... #cafc pic.twitter.com/AK6YwOVSRS
  • Alnwick is our best keeper and I would much rather he was playing tomorrow and not 'coming back in the summer.'

Anyone finding reasons/excuses for all of this is deluded-RD is clearly going to build his own team from scratch and CP is going to have to put up or walk out.