Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tuesday 10th July 7:30pm Beehive New Eltham - Time for action, time for a Charlton Supporters Trust

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
We can spend weeks picking and bickering, but one thing is clear to me the need for a supporters trust has arisen again if at the very least to pick up the pieces should the club get into difficulty. Something we can unite behind.

We must do what we can to secure our clubs future for ourselves and our children, a club is its generations of fans, not the board players or bricks and mortar.

Is anyone up for it or are we going to talk while the ship goes down?

Feel free to inbox me on here although also adding to this thread will help show

Barnie

Barnie_uk@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    I am with you one hundred per cent.
  • Options
    Aye from myself. Work commitments may restrict what i can offer/do, but i'm there if required.
  • Options
    Count me in.....happy to 'lead' , follow or take an active part.......and do whatever is required.
  • Options
    Good let's meet tuesday night, can anyone sort the venue

My one request is we leave egos disagreements or pettyness behind

The main aim should be to do what we can with whatever resources we can muster even if its just to open a bank account.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Anything I can do. I will.
  • Options
    I'm in, can't sit back and watch any longer!
  • Options
    Venue is first up can anyone help with this?
  • Options
    Bartram's ?
    The Lib ?
  • Options
    I guess the lib then, can someone check it out that has links to them?
  • Options
    I would love to help in any way I can but living and working 40 miles from the Valley prohibits a lot of things. Can annoy people on the phone and write a good email. If it is a fund raising exercise I will do my bit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In
  • Options
    Good let's meet tuesday night, can anyone sort the venue

My one request is we leave egos disagreements or pettyness behind

The main aim should be to do what we can with whatever resources we can muster even if its just to open a bank account.
    @Razil....I know I said I will be part of, lead etc, but I would need more notice as I live 130 miles away....which is I suppose not practical to lead......however happy to do my bit as required....let me know what you all decide on Tuesday and where you may need my help
  • Options
    100% In.
  • Options
    I'm in.

However how do we buy share in he club at the moment?
    I've brought share last time, they ended up in the bin.
    I think would be better for a trust to try to buy lansdowne mews and use that as a tool to get shares in the club.
  • Options
    I think the first step is to meet and format a plan.
  • Options
    yes as I see it asset purchase of some sort is the most secure approach, but we need to do what is practical and achieveable.
  • Options
    Count me in please
  • Options
    im in
  • Options
    I'm onboard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am in too, so is Paddyp17. We would both attend any meeting this week (not paddy on Tuesday (or he would be late) or me on Thursday. If we can meet at the liberal club it may well be a good idea.
    I know absolutely nothing about a supporters trust or anything, but can create the odd document or two, do a bit of research, and in the past have been a signatory to a little fund (ironically started by PV) of supporters money in the early days of Curbs/Gritt which among other things bought some training equipment, and an industrial sized washer/tumble dryer for the training ground.
    At one point the signatories were myself, Gritty, and youth team coach John Cartwright.
    The money for that little fund came from a percentage of the events organised by PV before he became CEO.
  • Options
    @Razil - just PM'd you with some info from last time. I think we need a first meeting to be a lessons learned from when we previously tried this to avoid the same (numerous!) issues we faced them.

Tuesday should be ok around 7.30-8pm
  • Options
    Seriously, are we on for Tuesday at the Liberal club, 7.30 for an 8pm start?
    The aims being learning how to sort out a supporters trust.
    Starting one up with the attendant paperwork and proposed bank account.
    Those there putting in £10 each to get it started.
    Choosing a group of four initial 'leaders' of the trust who can put some time into the administration of it all.
    Making the aim to buy/preserve The Valley, and that The Valley should always be a home for Charlton Athletic Football Club to play in.
    So, there is a kind of agenda, if anybody could attend with any kind of information/insight we could get the whole shebang started.
    Realistically what do we say?
  • Options
    Tuesday It is then.

• Options
    P.S.
    Would it be 'inappropriate' to hold a meeting at The Valley? Fanny F, you're part of the existent fans forum, what do you think?
  • Options
    I will be there,7.30 it is in the lib club. I think it would be inappropriate.

• Options
    you need somewhere that you can speak freely lib sounds good i will be there
  • Options
    My view is outside the club

Lessons learned on the agenda

But we also need quick action to get something set up

Anyone who is serious and committed enough to be part of an executive let me know

We need to tick all the boxes but we also need action and not grt bogged down and discussion too much that can come later
  • Options
    I'll be there
  • Options
    Seriously, are we on for Tuesday at the Liberal club, 7.30 for an 8pm start?
    The aims being learning how to sort out a supporters trust.
    Starting one up with the attendant paperwork and proposed bank account.
    Those there putting in £10 each to get it started.
    Choosing a group of four initial 'leaders' of the trust who can put some time into the administration of it all.
    Making the aim to buy/preserve The Valley, and that The Valley should always be a home for Charlton Athletic Football Club to play in.
    So, there is a kind of agenda, if anybody could attend with any kind of information/insight we could get the whole shebang started.
    Realistically what do we say?
    I don't think the immediate aim should be stated as such, it's far too ambitious and I'm not even sure everyone will agree. It's far too adventurous and setting yourself goals you can't meet is the quickest way to failure as people become disenchanted and momentum is lost, but I guess we can discuss this all on Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!