Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Tyreece Campbell has regressed massively to the point he’s got to be looking at being released this summer. Wasteful and lazy 
  • Options
    Tyreece Campbell has regressed massively to the point he’s got to be looking at being released this summer. Wasteful and lazy 
    Just a young player going through a spell of extremely low confidence IMO.

I would keep him around myself. Think there’s potential for him to be a decent player still.
    I know what you mean - and his confidence definitely took a hit under Appleton - but he doesn’t seem to have experienced the same upturn as the rest of the squad under Jones. Maybe he’s just not suited to Jones coaching methods, or maybe there’s something else going on, but I would have expected a rebound from him by now, even it it was just cameo appearances at the end of games where his pace would be really effective. 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    1-2 Edun
  • Options
    Nice goal by Edun, curling it in with his left foot. 1-2
  • Options
    Just a young player going through a spell of extremely low confidence IMO.

I would keep him around myself. Think there’s potential for him to be a decent player still.
    Nah, let him go. If we want to be challenging for the top two auto spots then we need players who can come off the bench and make a difference. 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Tupac is nowhere near the finished article and we need more polished players than rough diamonds next season 
  • Options
    He's only 20. He's surely to be judged as much for his potential as to what he offers at the moment. 
  • Options
    edited March 22
    sam3110 said:
    Tupac is nowhere near the finished article and we need more polished players than rough diamonds next season 
    It’s a squad sport. He’s young enough that being on the fringes, or even out on loan at a Wimbledon or Gillingham, would be the right move IMO.

If he was required to start 20+ games next year, given the way this season has gone for him, then I’d agree with you.

But he had a highly promising first season IMO and is worth persevering with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having watched a few U21 games online this season, I can't get over the thought that this is only one step away from first team football as none of the team today would be challenging the present first team in my opinion. Surely this is a comment on the value of U21 football compared to the old reserve team football. At least reserve team football was nearer the physical and skill level of the first team, while it eased the youngsters into competitive football. Now the step up is too high, even though we are only playing at the third tier level.
    We have an obsession with players from the academy but this reliance has lead to young players being overplayed in the first team to their detriment and future careers.
    Whilst, of course, the academy does a great job up to the U21s, I think the first team was served better when squad and players returning from injury could prove themselves in the reserves before getting back into the first team.
  • Options
    Tend to agree about the old Football Combination and how players tended to get utilised.
    It was that and the ‘Youth team’ back in the day.
    I once went to St Albans to see if we could beat Tottenham to win the Combination Championship (we didn’t, but it was a fun evening).
  • Options
    edited March 22
    Who is the CAFC number 9? Not seen that name before.

I may be wrong but vaguely remember he has had a bad injury run before signing his professional contract.  I wondered at the time if him signing up was due to talent or duty of care to a young pro recovering from injury. He has been with us since 10yrs old.  Hope he makes it.
  • Options
    edited March 25
    Very helpful articles for academy players and their parents can be found at www.thefootballscholar.com
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line up against Fleetwood Town U21s in this afternoon’s PDL2 fixture: Adegoke; Dench, Toure, Bakrin, Enslin; Gough (c), Huke, Santos; Ladapo, Casey, Fullah Subs: Sadler, Okwumo, Brown, Danso, Safa
  • Options
    Very, very young side, almost an U18 team
  • Options
    Is it being screened on Charlton TV  ?
  • Options
    winning 1-0

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    24’ GOALLLLLLLLLL | WE’VE TAKEN THE LEAD  A delightful passage of play from the Addicks sees Ibrahim Fullah fire us ahead!
  • Options
    winning 1-0

Fullah the goalscorer
  • Options
    HALF-TIME | Fleetwood Town U21s 0 Charlton Athletic U21s 1
  • Options
    0 - 3 T Ladapo (51) and P Casey (55) with the goals
  • Options
    63’ PENALTY SAVED BY ADEGOKE  The stopper gets down low to deny Fleetwood U21s from 12 yards!
  • Options
    Ryan Huke adds a fourth goal for us.
  • Options
    72’ GOALLLLLLLL | RYAN HUKE ADDS A FOURTH  Outstanding from Tolu Ladapo once again as he takes it past a number of players, squaring for Huke to tap in from close range.
  • Options
    82’ GOALLLLLLL | HUKE SECURES HIS BRACE
  • Options
    clive said:
    63’ PENALTY SAVED BY ADEGOKE  The stopper gets down low to deny Fleetwood U21s from 12 yards!
    Sack off AMB and Isted and get Prince between the sticks 😍
  • Options
    FULL-TIME | Fleetwood Town U21s 0 Charlton Athletic U21s 5