Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Four players who've played regular first team football this season plus Fiorini and Taylor.

Interesting change in policy in that first teamer not getting game time are now being asked to turn out for the U21s

I wonder how much is about keeping them match fit and how much is seeing how they are as "human beings" (to quote NJ) and that this is a test of the willingness to buy into what Nathan Jones wants?
    Also a chance for NJ to see them in a competitive fixture even if it is U21's
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    I am surprised Sparrows Lane is fit to play if Princes Park is waterlogged.
    Princes Park seems to have had a lot of problems in the last few weeks. I think too many games have been staged there, as the London City Lionesses also play there.
  • Options
    Keenan Gough gets to captain Michael Hector!
  • Options
    In his post match NJ talked of this week, for him, will include watching games.
  • Options
    Keenan Gough gets to captain Michael Hector!
    He’s been skipper for the last few games I’ve seen.  Decent defender tbf 
  • Options
    Interested to see Nathan Jeche for QPR.   I’ve been following him for a couple of years since I saw him for Maidstone’s academy team 
    he also has a younger brother in our academy so another one to keep an eye out for.  
  • Options
    The bottom pitch, called pitch five said Terry.
  • Options
    edited March 11
    Four players who've played regular first team football this season plus Fiorini and Taylor.

Interesting change in policy in that first teamer not getting game time are now being asked to turn out for the U21s

I wonder how much is about keeping them match fit and how much is seeing how they are as "human beings" (to quote NJ) and that this is a test of the willingness to buy into what Nathan Jones wants?
    Good question, Henry. Although I would think Jones the manager sees these players in training every day and already feels he can judge their character. 

Surely, it's essentially about keeping squad players match fit, like the old reserve league games used to do? 

• Options
    Should've just scored after good work from Fiorini.
    Much better camera coverage than usual.
  • Options
    Great ball from Casey in behind uses TC pace but he takes the wrong line/ poor touch inside penalty area
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ladapo does same as TC  . They’ve  swooped sides. Grass cutting cross stopped but moss controlled by defenders Casey can’t quite sort out the loose ball
  • Options
    Regulars will possibly agree this is yet another excellent watch so far.
    Taylor playing nicely.
  • Options
    qpr shoot into side netting after a good move
  • Options
    Good move, several forward passes by CAFC ends with poor high  to no one by Ladapo
  • Options
    Casey nearly sent into Tv stand by QPR no 6
  • Options
    QPR no 5 heaves Ladapo off the ball whilst he is close in on goal from wing. Hefty guy rugby build
  • Options
    Taylor wins ball but judged a foul
  • Options
    Great build up play ends in CAFC shot at goal Casey I think. Straight vat keeper
  • Options
    HT 0-0
  • Options
    I’d say we had the better opportunities, poor final ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed the first 10-15 mins
  • Options
    Poor pass by Hector Ladapo  sorts him out
  • Options
    Nimble stuff by williams
  • Options
    Good shot by Casey , saved and cleared
  • Options
    good interception by Fiorini wasted as he can’t find Casey twice
  • Options
    Piss poor pass by Hector puts under pressure 
  • Options
    Nathan A gets cross in under close pressure but straight to keeper 
  • Options
    "Thirteen minutes gone in the second half and still 0-0 here at The Valley"

If it's The Valley someone needs to ask questions along the lines of "who's nicked the stands?"
  • Options
    qpr  shoot across goal
  • Options
    Dave toys cross field pass by Williams just too far ahead of TC