Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket 2023/24 Thread

Comments

• Options
    msomerton said:
    So they have done away with zone 4, and made the vast majority of seats zone 2. But have reduced the price of zone 2 from £455 to £425. So those of us in last years yellow zone 3 seats and which are n0ow zone 2 will see an  increase of £25 in price, that is not excessive. Same price increase for adults in the family seats.
    Not quite right, Zone 2 at £425 for an adult is the same as last year for earlybird. 
  • Options
    Zone 1 for the centre of the Curbs and West is extortionate, and the £200 differential to the next band ludicrous. How many people will move to the Zone 2 seats, costing the club money because of this?

I actually thought 4 bands made sense, so keeping the bands from last year would suggest the following would make more sense

Zone 1 550
    Zone 2 475
    Zone 3 425 
    Zone 4 285
    I suspect that most season tickets are zones other than zone 1 so this would be a price increase for most people. In fact there are only 3 zones aren't there? 
  • Options
    My ticket for phase one pricing is £625, the same price I paid last year (I wavered past the early bird offer). Will wait to see what they suggest the non-early bird price is, as I want to see what the early transfer business is like, even more than the ownership situation. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    redman said:
    msomerton said:
    So they have done away with zone 4, and made the vast majority of seats zone 2. But have reduced the price of zone 2 from £455 to £425. So those of us in last years yellow zone 3 seats and which are n0ow zone 2 will see an  increase of £25 in price, that is not excessive. Same price increase for adults in the family seats.
    Not quite right, Zone 2 at £425 for an adult is the same as last year for earlybird. 
    The upper covered end was Zone 3 last year and priced at 400 pounds. More blocks this time around have gone from Zone 3 to 2 whilst Zone 4 has been binned. 

An increase of 25 pounds in the Upper Covered End

What will be interesting is the pricing after the Early Bird scheme ends?

No rush anyway, we all have up to Friday 12th May to buy one to guarantee those prices. No need to buy one this minute 
  • Options
    Predictably yet again, in Paragraph 20 of the T&Cs the club are still relying on 
    a piece of legislation which was revoked 9 years ago. But every year I enjoy looking for it.  I will be most upset when they actually get it right.

• Options
    I dont often moan about the club however

I just went to see how much it would cost with the 3rd of due to getting a mate to get a ST at the start of the season and saw no discount applied

I rang up to see if that scheme was still in place or just thrown out the window and they said they were in the process of sorting that out.

Surely you sort that out before you put ST on sale, otherwise people who may be entitled to a discount may purchase for full price
  • Options
    redman said:
    Zone 1 for the centre of the Curbs and West is extortionate, and the £200 differential to the next band ludicrous. How many people will move to the Zone 2 seats, costing the club money because of this?

I actually thought 4 bands made sense, so keeping the bands from last year would suggest the following would make more sense

Zone 1 550
    Zone 2 475
    Zone 3 425 
    Zone 4 285
    I suspect that most season tickets are zones other than zone 1 so this would be a price increase for most people. In fact there are only 3 zones aren't there? 
    There were 4 zones last season, which I was reflecting in my suggestion. Compared to what they've actually done, I've decreased the centre seats in the Curbs and West, and increased the blocks next to them, to reduce the ludicrous differential. The CE etc would be the same as the actual prices.
  • Options
    We sit in Block F, where the Early Bird price this year is £425 for adults, a reduction of £30 on the 2022 Early Bird figure of £455. The over-65 price is also down from £340 to £320.

The differentials between different zones are still excessive but the overall percentage increases don’t appear excessive in the current inflationary climate.
  • Options
    I’m Zone 1 West Lower - I will renew, however, that’s whilst I am still working, once I retire, I suspect I will have to relocate

I support my team, not the regime - yes the football is poor quality at moment, but I’ve seen many poor quality Charlton teams over the years, but I’m still here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If its not cheaper, it's still too expensive 

....sorry 
  • Options
    Roughly speaking i think that's fair pricing, obviously we have no idea what we will be like on the pitch next season which is the biggest test as to whether the pricing is fair.

I also think football fans get too sentimentally attached to their seat/area, I think it's nice to try different parts of the ground. I have a season ticket in the west stand this year, but on occasion have sat in the Covered stand with some people i know, just through politely asking the steward and showing my ST. Understand with a family etc this is difficult. My rambling thoughts below...

Zone 1, £625 : Not good value imo, if you like sitting in the East/West you might as well go to the next block for £200 less. £27ish a game - bit ridiculous really for League 1.

Zone 2, £425 : Decent value still £18.50 per game, probably what i will go for - good view and atmosphere if you like the north upper, excellent view if you go on the side. 

Zone 3 : £285 : Works out at £12.40 a game, can't really argue with that at all, tremendous value. 
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    My ticket for phase one pricing is £625, the same price I paid last year (I wavered past the early bird offer). Will wait to see what they suggest the non-early bird price is, as I want to see what the early transfer business is like, even more than the ownership situation. 
    Just buy in zone 2 and then move into one of the many empty seats in the zone 1 block next to you while saving £200
  • Options
    I will renew my ST purely because my 5 year old loves it and is at a critical stage with supporting us (he knows we’re shit but loves it anyway).  

The prices look like they’ve increased with inflation, the exact same increase as my phone bill and sky bill.  So that’s clearly the motive behind it.  

Only thing is it’s quite obvious the service we as supporters are being provided with is sub standard, the manager himself said we need to be at least in the top six.  So there’s an argument for the prices being a bit of a knock if you ask me.  They could have sold the season tickets using a “cost of living” marketing scheme of sorts, they didn’t, but as I said I’ll be there regardless so me moaning is pretty much hot air.
  • Options
    Problem with the ludicrous price differential of £200 from the person 5 feet away from you is that it encourages people to buy at the lowest price and sit there anyway,  I’m sure I’m not the only one that does that

£50 price difference max in my opinion and £625 is a ridiculous price in the Championship let alone league one.

How can one seat be more than double the price of another,  both are facing the pitch!
  • Options
    Seems reasonable apart from the £625 blocks, particularly as blocks next to them are £200 cheaper. I can't understand why anyone would want one of them at that price.

I still think the best policy would be to have all seats anywhere in the ground the same price for both season ticket holders and for match day. Surely that would encourage those that want the "better" seats to buy early? I have sat in most blocks around the ground over the years and all seem okay to me. I have yet to find a block that guarantees better quality of football on the pitch!

I will be renewing my seat in AC-G shortly irrespective of ownership. Even though the football this season has often been crap, it still just about passes for entertainment, and going to Charlton is in my blood. I'm an Addick and an addict (addicted to Charlton). 
  • Options
    Fair dos on the pricing, can see both sides of the argument in terms of the renew now vs wait and see. In terms of zone pricing this argument will come back again and again - until there’s higher attendances there’s every chance people will move about.

one detail not mentioned really here, is the comment of capping 2024/25 increase to no more than 5% if they secure promotion if buying in phase one. I think, given the circs it’s a fair offer in the round 

• Options
    It’s a good step in the right direction by simplifying the number of bands. Increases are reasonable in absolute terms. 

I wanted but didn’t expect decreases to try and really encourage more sales. That’s me being selfish. 

I’m waiting to see the ‘late tax’ on match day prices abandoned as well. 

Sales will fall due to team performance regardless unless we see positive transfer activity. 

On balance it’s fair if not innovative. 
  • Options
    £25 increase, or 6.25%, is less than I was expecting so happy with that. All they need to do now is back up the words of PS & DH (and I'm assuming MS too by default). 
  • Options
    Much as we don't like them and they don't care, the prices for our nearest and dearest are much lower and they could be in the Prem next season.
    The early bird top price is £475 for an adult and £280 for an over 63. Their lowest adult price is £120 more but not everyone wants to sit behind the goal or in the corner!
    I'm sure there are many other Champ and maybe Prem clubs offering even better deals. It wouldn't be so bad if the club had invested in the team and there was a realistic prospect of challenging for promotion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £25 increase and to be fair I think £425 for Covered End Upper block K is fair value and surprised the club's never deemed this block as zone 1.
    Don’t give them ideas.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Wellred said:
    Nothing wrong with them prices at all
    Well mines gone up £25, my kids ones have gone up, and some other peoples have gone up £50w

£25  over 12 months is about £2 a month. 

£50 rise is an extra quid a week. 

I expect many pay much more for sky sports, takeaways, booze, netflix etc.

Prices seem reasonable given charlton operate in an industry where finances dictate madness across the board and having to find millions to compete. 

Surely as fans we can't expect altruistic outsiders to fund our passion without us contributing also. 

Fans demand we are competitive in wages, trimmings, keeping the stadium and facilities up to scratch yet begrudge price rises which comparative to other clubs are likely similar.

Edit not aimed at you @AFKABartram or anyone in particular just a general comment 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Well mines gone up £25, my kids ones have gone up, and some other peoples have gone up £50w

Prices seem reasonable given charlton operate in an industry where finances dictate madness across the board and having to find millions to compete. 

Surely as fans we can't expect altruistic outsiders to fund our passion without us contributing also. 

Fans demand we are competitive in wages, trimmings, keeping the stadium and facilities up to scratch yet begrudge price rises which comparative to other clubs are likely similar.
    How many L1 clubs have seats at £625?
  • Options
    Wellred said:

How many L1 clubs have seats at £625?

Very few I'd expect but that'll largely be down to regional demographics.

The £625 seats will sell at Charlton as we have many in the fanbase who can easily afford that and think nothing of it so will see it as fair value.

I don't so I sit in the £285 seats.
  • Options
    The club as done excellent regarding ST prices mine not changed … 285 pounds for 23 games is excellent value well done to the club ..

Once again the lower prices are there .. if you decide to hold on and end up paying higher price don’t moan . 

The club can’t do no more then what they done ..  
  • Options
    £25 inc on my seat, £5 on an U18's ticket and U11 stay the same.

so £35 more in total for my 4 tickets, think I can live with that
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    The club reckon they have listened to supporters, so
    a) why haven’t they released the phase 2 prices so people can make an informed decision on when to renew?

b) the phase 1 prices are the phase 2 prices from last season so no increase until phase 2 kicks in this year unless you renewed in phase 1 last year 

c) I was expecting them to reduce zone 1 prices this year to reduce the gap between zone 1 and zone 2 prices especially after reducing the No of zones last year. You can get premier league football in similar seats as the zone 1 seats for similar prices as the zone 1 seats

d) extending phase 1 deadline to may 12 is hardly listening to fans who want to see commitment from the club in terms of decent new players. That gives them a week after the season ends to prove their commitment