Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket 2023/24 Thread

Comments

• Wellred said:
    Nothing wrong with them prices at all
    Well mines gone up £25, my kids ones have gone up, and some other peoples have gone up £50w

£25  over 12 months is about £2 a month. 

£50 rise is an extra quid a week. 

I expect many pay much more for sky sports, takeaways, booze, netflix etc.

Prices seem reasonable given charlton operate in an industry where finances dictate madness across the board and having to find millions to compete. 

Surely as fans we can't expect altruistic outsiders to fund our passion without us contributing also. 

Fans demand we are competitive in wages, trimmings, keeping the stadium and facilities up to scratch yet begrudge price rises which comparative to other clubs are likely similar.
    How many L1 clubs have seats at £625?

Very few I'd expect but that'll largely be down to regional demographics.

The £625 seats will sell at Charlton as we have many in the fanbase who can easily afford that and think nothing of it so will see it as fair value.

I don't so I sit in the £285 seats.
    I can assure you that nobody in those areas will think £625 is good value, whether they can afford it or not.

And if a few move to a cheaper block, then the club will end up with less income.

And as for the £285 seats, the lower CE and family section hold about 4000 seats, out of 23500 home seats.
    They won't sell out. They haven't at £260 as rows empty each week. There's enough there for people who want to come and support the team at a (relative to loony cost of football economics) reasonable price for the cost of a weekly takeaway.

• edited March 2023
     And no perks this.year?
  •  And no perks this.year?
    You have your Free admission to the Under 21’s games confirmed in the recent minutes from the Fans Forum meeting over a week ago.

Would any more perks make you buy a season ticket when you are paying to watch the football anyway? 
  • I dont often moan about the club however

I just went to see how much it would cost with the 3rd of due to getting a mate to get a ST at the start of the season and saw no discount applied

I rang up to see if that scheme was still in place or just thrown out the window and they said they were in the process of sorting that out.

Surely you sort that out before you put ST on sale, otherwise people who may be entitled to a discount may purchase for full price
    Fair enough I moaned to early

I just got a phone call telling me I had a 3rd off my season ticket for next season
  • edited March 2023
    We have a hardcore of core home support who support the club through thick and thin by paying for season tickets/ regular match tickets and pick up the slack for the stay aways who pop up for Wembley, man United, Millwall and playoffs.

For this reason it is too much of a gamble to reduce season tickets too low ie charge £200 or £150 instead of £280 early bird.

All the loyal proper supporters * who go regularly/ have season tickets would snap them up of course and the risk is that the gamble is that even at a ton fifty it won't generate sufficient interest to entice further numbers of supposed 'supporters' to support the club/ team as the reality is most of them can't be arsed/ have flimsy excuses to justify not bothering.

*I heavily emphasise I am not including those with genuine financial/locality/ life reasons for not attending regularly.

If we drew arsenal at home in the cup and extra 20000 would suddenly find the motivation to turn up and cheer the team.

Until then the rest of us pick up the slack financially and attendance wise to try and do our bit to get behind the club and team in the hope the shit served up each fortnight will improve.
  • Feels very fair indeed at a pricing level.

The madness in differences is still crazy though. A well run, data-led company may tell you that there is no price sensitivity for the top end tickets and people renew there regardless (until they pop it). We're not that company though, so it feels like a punt.
  • I sit in the Curbs stand Block D, cant recall the exact amount i paid last year was it £575, sure it was that with a £15 deduction for VG.
  • Notwithstanding the Zone 1 anomaly, the prices are still excellent value in general I think.
    Weighted against that is the incompetent ownership and management leading to the downward trajectory of the club and how much confidence there is in that situation being reversed.
    It's a personal choice of course and it is always likely that I am going to renew, although part of me feels like holding out out of spite!
  • We have a hardcore of core home support who support the club through thick and thin by paying for season tickets/ regular match tickets and pick up the slack for the stay aways who pop up for Wembley, man United, Millwall and playoffs.

For this reason it is too much of a gamble to reduce season tickets too low ie charge £200 or £150 instead of £280 early bird.

All the loyal proper supporters * who go regularly/ have season tickets would snap them up of course and the risk is that the gamble is that even at a ton fifty it won't generate sufficient interest to entice further numbers of supposed 'supporters' to support the club/ team as the reality is most of them can't be arsed/ have flimsy excuses to justify not bothering.

*I heavily emphasise I am not including those with genuine financial/locality/ life reasons for not attending regularly.

If we drew arsenal at home in the cup and extra 20000 would suddenly find the motivation to turn up and cheer the team.

Until then the rest of us pick up the slack financially and attendance wise to try and do our bit to get behind the club and team in the hope the shit served up each fortnight will improve.
    Fuck me, all you do is moan about other fans.. its so tiring 
  • Sponsored links:

• The club as done excellent regarding ST prices mine not changed … 285 pounds for 23 games is excellent value well done to the club ..

Once again the lower prices are there .. if you decide to hold on and end up paying higher price don’t moan . 

The club can’t do no more then what they done ..  
    But will the football be any better?

Will the recruitment still be a shambles?
  • My mate who is on shift with me tonight is a Reading season ticket holder. He sits on the half way line 3/4 of the way up equivalent to me in the Curbs stand. He paid £350 last year, (prices haven't come out yet).
  • edited March 2023
    All good. Small increase. No probs.
  • shine166 said:
    We have a hardcore of core home support who support the club through thick and thin by paying for season tickets/ regular match tickets and pick up the slack for the stay aways who pop up for Wembley, man United, Millwall and playoffs.

Not a moan just stating the reality of our attendances.
  • shine166 said:

Not a moan just stating the reality of our attendances.
    That's fair, but it just feels like constant dig mixed in with talking lots of sense. 
  • edited March 2023
    shirty5 said:
     And no perks this.year?
    You have your Free admission to the Under 21’s games confirmed in the recent minutes from the Fans Forum meeting over a week ago.

Would any more perks make you buy a season ticket when you are paying to watch the football anyway? 
    This year, yes actually. If I am tempted later then free u/21, Womens games, discount on food/booze/shop  might swing it. We live
    in tough times!
  • Wellred said:
    Well mines gone up £25, my kids ones have gone up, and some other peoples have gone up £50w

Prices seem reasonable given charlton operate in an industry where finances dictate madness across the board and having to find millions to compete. 

Surely as fans we can't expect altruistic outsiders to fund our passion without us contributing also. 

Fans demand we are competitive in wages, trimmings, keeping the stadium and facilities up to scratch yet begrudge price rises which comparative to other clubs are likely similar.
    How many L1 clubs have a London based stadium our size?
  • Wellred said:

The £625 seats will sell at Charlton as we have many in the fanbase who can easily afford that and think nothing of it so will see it as fair value.

I can assure you that nobody in those areas will think £625 is good value, whether they can afford it or not.

And if a few move to a cheaper block, then the club will end up with less income.

And as for the £285 seats, the lower CE and family section hold about 4000 seats, out of 23500 home seats.
    The Lower CE wasn't sold out this season, so I don't understand your issue.
    If full paying adults want to go, they can for a bargain £285.
  • Sponsored links:

• SE9toDA2 said:
    The club reckon they have listened to supporters, so
    a) why haven’t they released the phase 2 prices so people can make an informed decision on when to renew?

b) the phase 1 prices are the phase 2 prices from last season so no increase until phase 2 kicks in this year unless you renewed in phase 1 last year 

c) I was expecting them to reduce zone 1 prices this year to reduce the gap between zone 1 and zone 2 prices especially after reducing the No of zones last year. You can get premier league football in similar seats as the zone 1 seats for similar prices as the zone 1 seats

d) extending phase 1 deadline to may 12 is hardly listening to fans who want to see commitment from the club in terms of decent new players. That gives them a week after the season ends to prove their commitment 

I have no doubt you are correct, but am wondering which Premier League clubs offer offer similar seats as Zone 1 for similar prices as zone 1?
  • Wellred said:

I'm not suggesting the whole ground should be as cheap as the lower CE. I've no desire to go back there, but am happy for that section to be a bargain

It's the differential between Zone 1 and 2 which is the problem. A pricing policy which encourages people to move from Zone 1 to Zone 2 will cost the club income, as while people will accept paying more for the best seats, everyone has a limit. 
  • SE9toDA2 said:
    a) why haven’t they released the phase 2 prices so people can make an informed decision on when to renew?

b) the phase 1 prices are the phase 2 prices from last season so no increase until phase 2 kicks in this year unless you renewed in phase 1 last year 

c) I was expecting them to reduce zone 1 prices this year to reduce the gap between zone 1 and zone 2 prices especially after reducing the No of zones last year. You can get premier league football in similar seats as the zone 1 seats for similar prices as the zone 1 seats

d) extending phase 1 deadline to may 12 is hardly listening to fans who want to see commitment from the club in terms of decent new players. That gives them a week after the season ends to prove their commitment 

I have no doubt you are correct, but am wondering which Premier League clubs offer offer similar seats as Zone 1 for similar prices as zone 1?
    Brentford 
  • shirty5 said:
     And no perks this.year?

This year, yes actually. If I am tempted later then free u/21, Womens games, discount on food/booze/shop  might swing it. We live
    in tough times!
    Well if they were going to do that you thought that might have mentioned that today.

Look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves
  • Wellred said:

I'm not suggesting the whole ground should be as cheap as the lower CE. I've no desire to go back there, but am happy for that section to be a bargain

It's the differential between Zone 1 and 2 which is the problem. A pricing policy which encourages people to move from Zone 1 to Zone 2 will cost the club income, as while people will accept paying more for the best seats, everyone has a limit. 
    But the choice is there killer to move from 1 block to another and save £200.
    If the club top up losing money ,surely that's down to them.

• SE9toDA2 said:
    SE9toDA2 said:

Brentford 
    Well that's not altogether surprising as they really are a L1 club, temporarily playing in the Premier league, a few miles away from Chelsea, Fulham & QPR. 

Do you know what Spurs, Arsenal & Chelsea charge for similar zone 1 seats?
  • The club as done excellent regarding ST prices mine not changed … 285 pounds for 23 games is excellent value well done to the club ..

Once again the lower prices are there .. if you decide to hold on and end up paying higher price don’t moan . 

The club can’t do no more then what they done ..  
    But will the football be any better?

Will the recruitment still be a shambles?
    Only time will tell but things have definitely improved a bit of late 
    Got to keep a positive outlook on the season ahead & not put it down before it's even started 

• edited March 2023
    SE9toDA2 said:
    SE9toDA2 said:

Brentford 
    Well that's not altogether surprising as they really are a L1 club, temporarily playing in the Premier league, a few miles away from Chelsea, Fulham & QPR. 

Yes a lot more but the product is far superior as well.

plenty of championship clubs also much cheaper than the zone 1 prices.
    someone above  quoted reading at £350 for same  seats this season.

the point is there should not be a large increase in price compared to zone  2 £50-£75 max.

personally I think they should have a flat rate in curbs stand and most probably also in west but understand that due to hospitality they might still want to charge for a zone 1 in west stand. My understanding is this was what was discussed last season as the way forward.

• Problem with the ludicrous price differential of £200 from the person 5 feet away from you is that it encourages people to buy at the lowest price and sit there anyway,  I’m sure I’m not the only one that does that

£50 price difference max in my opinion and £625 is a ridiculous price in the Championship let alone league one.

How can one seat be more than double the price of another,  both are facing the pitch!
    What makes it even more bonkers is my block has a dog-leg to it. So I am paying Zone 2 prices but people behind me further away from the centre line are paying for zone 1!
  • SE9toDA2 said:
    SE9toDA2 said:
    SE9toDA2 said:

Brentford 

Yes a lot more but the product is far superior as well.

plenty of championship clubs also much cheaper than the zone 1 prices.
    someone above  quoted reading at £350 for same  seats this season.

the point is there should not be a large increase in price compared to zone  2 £50-£75 max.

personally I think they should have a flat rate in curbs stand and most probably also in west but understand that due to hospitality they might still want to charge for a zone 1 in west stand. My understanding is this was what was discussed last season as the way forward.

Do you know how many Premier League clubs & Championship clubs offer a lower adult S/T than £285?