Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket 2023/24 Thread

Comments

• Interesting Storrie referenced recently that the academy investment was high for League One earlier this week.

Could it be this Texas pitch was produced closer to home than Methven and Co and next week we’ll see a small increase in prices with a stand closure announced?
  • So important that we have a good run till the end of the season like it's already been said got to give our support something to believe in
     Like it's going to be better going forward with performance & a real go at getting out of this league but I do fear sales will be down 
  • Innovation and incentive is needed if they want to sell more tickets or even maintain current volumes. 

Maybe things like 

- One free drink for every home game - might even be cash positive in cross sales

- First round cup game included 

- £50 discount on next years ticket if we finish in Top 6

etc etc. 

Also need to incentivise pay as you go. Maybe:

- scrap the late purchase ‘tax’

- buy for 2 consecutive home games save £5 per ticket 
    - get a kids ticket for free

So many things they could do. But likely will not. 
    Or they could put a decent team on the pitch?
    Agree with that , but before doing that can we get the background staff acting as a team and get the correct personal in place. Ie owner CEO and so on.
  • As long as I can afford it I'll go tbh
  • SOTF said:
    Interesting Storrie referenced recently that the academy investment was high for League One earlier this week.

Could it be this Texas pitch was produced closer to home than Methven and Co and next week we’ll see a small increase in prices with a stand closure announced?
    Isn't our academy likely to cost more, as it is more productive than most in L1?
  • Tickets will go up in price when they are announced next week. You can bet that well happen IMO. 

We have under 8.000 season ticket holders at present and if change and players of note coming in, then you will be down to a hardcore of 5 to 6 thousand.

The last 2 seasons have been unacceptable and watching midtable League One football once again is not going to get people through the turnstiles if the same budget if being offered to the manager 
  • My family will renew because it’s what we do on a Saturday. I really hope the club looks to be creative and comes up with attractive options that will keep the attendance numbers at decent levels - would love to see prices that encourage under 21s to attend as these are the future fanbase and would improve the atmosphere. Doubt this will happen though unfortunately.
  • I’ll likely renew. I’m not sure how often I’ll get to The Valley if we move to Norfolk in the next couple of years so will ensure I go whilst I can. 
  • I currently go with a group of six and can see that being a group of zero next season; we need some optimism and Promotion.

• Sponsored links:

• For me it's not all about what league we are in as I enjoy watching us regardless
    it's more about the attitude of the team if they give their all & have a real go then I can live with being in any league
    But having to watch a half hearted effort like we have had to put up with most of the time
    Puts me off wanting to get another ST & go back to paying game by game then if we get the same old shit I am not out of pocket
    But I will renew as the club needs us to back them otherwise there will be only one outcome
    & It won't be a good one 
  • I will renew pretty much whatever. In the family stand which is incredible value and it's what I do. My kids are of an age they are impressionable so I want to ensure they stay Charlton fans too and we meet family which they and I love.

I think the catering is outsourced still.  Should have been bought in-house as to me the obvious win would be to keep prices the same for the "loyalty period" then increase slightly but give vouchers for free drinks as part of the deal.  Would encourage fans to get there early and then spend more of their own money whilst Helping to justify the price for L1 footy
  • I'm not renewing but that is due to finances and having 2 boys under the age of 2 that I want to spend more time with. Once financial situation improves (and I can justify spending on a season ticket) and the boys are older, I am planning to buy again - prob in family stand though. 
  • edited March 2023
    I’ve not used my season ticket for the past 8 home games - largely through apathy towards our performances and lack of progress or any promotional challenge. I’ve had season tickets for the best part of 30 years now but I don’t see anything changing so I’ve decided not to renew my back row North Stand lower ticket. I can watch all games on IPTV and will cherry pick games to attend based on how we are doing etc. It keeps £280 + petrol money in my pocket too at what is a challenging time financially for us all.

I suspect that my position will be typical of many supporters and will, inevitably, lead to a huge drop in season ticket sales next year.
  • There will be a stampede of applications tonight...
  • My guess for what it’ worth. There will be a number of “I’ll renew whatever because it’s what I do/the club needs us/through thin and thinner etc”. I suspect most of those are people who engage on here or the older  generation who just couldn’t give a monkeys about behind the scenes matters.   Fair play to all of those with that view. They are the lifeblood of the club. But there will be many who will join those who have silently walked away/have reached the end of their tether/don’t consider it value for money in troubled times etc. We’ll end up with about 3-4K early bird renewers and potentially the same again holding their fire until they see how things develop. I expect by August numbers will be down to around 6k
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:
    Bought our season tickets this season literally minutes after they went on sale this season, wish I hadn't once the lack of ambition became apparent, I won't be doing it again this year.

One of the other errors we seem to make as a club is the being an under 11 price which after 11 leaps to under 18 which is a fair leap financially. I know of 17 year olds that are in full time employment whose ticket costs the same as it costs me for my twelve year old son's ones, that really isn't fair at all. 

I don't have a season ticket but go to most home games with my 10 year old daughter. I'm always encouraging her to bring a friend cos for 6 quid it's neither here nor there. The leap once she turns 11 is certainly going to be enough to put off dangling the invite to her pals so often. A shame because we need the next generation and they do enjoy coming, if only to watch the pigeons in action. 
  • buckshee said:
    Bought our season tickets this season literally minutes after they went on sale this season, wish I hadn't once the lack of ambition became apparent, I won't be doing it again this year.

One of the other errors we seem to make as a club is the being an under 11 price which after 11 leaps to under 18 which is a fair leap financially. I know of 17 year olds that are in full time employment whose ticket costs the same as it costs me for my twelve year old son's ones, that really isn't fair at all. 
    In the UK you now have to be in full time education until 18 which includes apprenticeships etc. Hence the under 17 band.
  • Wellred said:
    If some want to stay away it's up to them
     but I wish they would just do it & not keep trying to convince others by going on about boycotting & all the other crap they are going on about 
    This is a discussion thread. People can have a different opinion to you. I have reasons why I won't be buying another season ticket. I will switch my money to Valley Gold so that I support the Academy and watch games at Sparrows Lane and Princes Park.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Wellred said:
     but I wish they would just do it & not keep trying to convince others by going on about boycotting & all the other crap they are going on about 
    This is a discussion thread. People can have a different opinion to you. I have reasons why I won't be buying another season ticket. I will switch my money to Valley Gold so that I support the Academy and watch games at Sparrows Lane and Princes Park.
    That's fine if that's what you want to do
    It's your money & time to do what you like with
    But I was on about those who keep trying to convince others

• Wellred said:
    Speaking of going on about crap it might be a good idea if you googled the word forum.

Its good to talk!